Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DCUC Waves: 20, 22, 23

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

DCUC Waves: 20, 22, 23

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:17 pm

Information from Scott “Toy Guru” Neitlich’s YouTube Spector Creations channel

These were the figures planned when Scott was still part of the DCUC series. As you can see, some of them were retail released and some were in the Matty Signature Series; I found these very interesting.

If you haven’t watched his channel, I recommend doing so...it’s a fun revisit of the wonderful DCUC line.
075B7EFD-C260-4247-9FBF-FF06B96E2D61.jpeg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Re: DCUC Waves: 20, 22, 23

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:56 pm

Holy crap, Egg Fu! I would've loved to see a Warlord figure. That's one guy I always planned on making eventually, but with the DC stuff packed away right now it won't happen, or as ToyGuru would say, no plans right now, but you never know.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:48 pm

I saw this last night. It was pretty awesome to see what we could have got but also pretty sad that we didn't get them. I would have LOVED the Challengers of the Unknown figures. Video below.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:41 pm

I enjoy his videos...sadly they’re probably coming to an end.

One thing I would REALLY like to know is his “top secret” project he was working on when he left the DCUC property...hopefully he will be able to someday, I really like to find out what we could’ve had, as much as it hurts the collector’s heart
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:55 pm

I wouldn't have cared much for the Vertigo figures. I would've liked a Don Hall figure but at the same time I got so many of those female Dove figures dirt cheap for fodder that I'm kind of glad they didn't make Dove 50/50, lol. It wasn't easy getting female fodder figures from DC. I remember Shaggy Man being a rumor at some point, so interesting to see he was in the plans. Warlord, though. I never really cared much for the comic, but that would've been an awesome figure.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:04 am

packerbacker180 wrote:I wouldn't have cared much for the Vertigo figures. I would've liked a Don Hall figure but at the same time I got so many of those female Dove figures dirt cheap for fodder that I'm kind of glad they didn't make Dove 50/50, lol. It wasn't easy getting female fodder figures from DC. I remember Shaggy Man being a rumor at some point, so interesting to see he was in the plans. Warlord, though. I never really cared much for the comic, but that would've been an awesome figure.

I beg the differ about Vertigo. Great female figures :) Shaggy Man & Chang Tzu would have been awesome :shock: Truth is, if these waves would have been green-lighted I may have been actually signed the sub but of course Matty had their ways & budget despite being a billion dollar + company so they did what they felt was right :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:12 pm

Thanks for posting the video Acid!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:35 pm

I kind of prefer the classic Black Condor and would have loved to have gotten the Don version of Dove, too.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:52 pm

I actually made that Black Condor back in my early years. I really liked that Freedom Fighters series.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel