Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC Classics: The Huntress & Powergirl!

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

DC Classics: The Huntress & Powergirl!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:04 am

I got these babes a long while back when they were hot stuff of the MattyCollector page/store back in the day of its existence. Despite its issue as a whole, it was a somewhat fun time. The Huntress is from the DC Classics Signature Series and Powergirl is from the DC Universe Classics. Now, back in the day, I didn't collect the DC figs like the MOTUC, I just got the ones that I really digged and 2 of them were the heroines that I always loved which were The Huntress & Powergirl! Enjoy the pics:)

The Huntress & Powergirl together!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: DC Classics: The Huntress & Powergirl!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:04 am

Now take a gander @ Powergirl. I was quite amazed about how T4HM (and/or others) sculpted her. If I may say look @ those chest, they went the extra with her here. I mean other female figures' chests looked good and average and/ or smaller but Powergirl is very bodacious & very "well endowed" compared to the rest that I have seen as she should be :batshock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:05 am

The Huntress: I have always loved the purple and black outfits that she wore and her long dark hair. I always thought like Powergirl that she was a very underrated female character and should have been in way more media, stories and especially movies and depicted like this as well. She is just so hot :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:06 am

Together! :o

I hope you have enjoyed these hot & awesome ladies. Till next time, see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:35 pm

Nice pics and commentary, Brandon! I'm glad Mattel got to Huntress before the DC line ended. I actually liked the face sculpt (or maybe it was the paint job) in the convention preview more than when I got the figure in hand but overall, I'm happy we got it.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tango X » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:48 pm

Yeah I think Huntress is an awesome character. She was never represented properly in any live action media and that is too bad. I think Barbara Joyce was the best live action costume wise and that was on the old cheesy Legend of the Superheroes special.
346full-barbara-joyce.jpg

611full-barbara-joyce.jpg

Mary Elizabeth Winstead is beautiful but her costume was uninspired.

Jessica De Gouw Arrow costume was a little better than the Birds of Prey movie one. At least there was a mask.

The Birds of Prey TV show one with Ashley Scott was not even close.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:32 pm

I wish we would've got a better Canary before the line ended. I know they showed one toward the end but it wasn't ideal and I don't think it ever came out. Maybe someday I'll make one.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Tango X » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:48 pm

I actually kinda like the one we got but it woulda been nice if it had an alternate domino mask head. I think a flesh tone stockings version of the legs one was also shown at some point??
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:52 pm

She's not bad, but the lack of leg movemt sucks and the lower arm design is wonky.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:37 pm

AcidDragon wrote:Nice pics and commentary, Brandon! I'm glad Mattel got to Huntress before the DC line ended. I actually liked the face sculpt (or maybe it was the paint job) in the convention preview more than when I got the figure in hand but overall, I'm happy we got it.

Thanks AcidDragon, I try My best and I appreciate that very much :) More to come dude :!:

Tango X and packerbacker, what you think of My topic and pics :?:

I was leaning more towards this even though My figures aren't completely like the those designs, I have always loved this cover of JSA Classified.

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel