Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack pg. 85

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Packerbacker Customs One-a-day: AP Homework p.70

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:33 pm

Hey, thanks everyone for the comments. I think I may still look for a darker metallic blue. I'm anal like that.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Packerbacker Customs One-a-day: MJ, not that one, or her p 7

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:51 pm

Next up for my Star Wars customs is Mara Jade. For those unfamiliar with the Expanded Universe Star Wars pre-Disney takeover, Mara Jade was one of the Emperor's Assassins tasked with killing Luke Skywalker upon Palpatine's death. However, she would go on to change her ways becoming a smuggler, a Jedi, and eventually even a Skywalker by marrying Luke. It seems every hero needs a fiery redhead at his side. Pete and MJ...Scott and Jean...Clark and Lois (at least according to Zack Snyder)...

I admittedly missed most of the EU Star Wars stuff. By the 90's I kind of lost interest in the property. Even the Drakhorse comics didn't grab my attention. I remember the hype for Shadows of the Empire, but it seemed pretty meh to me at the time. The Prequels didn't do much to pique my interest further, either. Then the Sequel trilogy started, and while they aren't great, they led me to take a longer look at Rebels, and the Clone Wars cartoon, and suddenly I rediscovered why I enjoyed SW as a child. And then season one of The Mandalorian ended and suddenly there was nothing. So I started delving into the EU stuff. I knew of Mara Jade, but never really read anything from that era. So, here she his, complete with some reference images for those unfamiliar...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs One-a-day: MJ, no not him, or her p

Postby Webslinger » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:48 pm

Looks great, of course Hasbro will make one since you made it now... LOL
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby secondwhiteline » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:47 pm

I was promised Star Wars Michael Jordan and I want my money back.

Nice Mara Jade, though! I'm trying to figure out where the headsculpt is from, because I love the "Oh I KNOW you didn't just say that to me" expression.

Hey, is Mara Jade just Star Wars Black Widow? I never thought about it before, but it's basically the same deal.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:18 pm

Well, coincidentally enough the head is from the Target exclusive Deadly Origin Widow and the hair is from the ML Retro Widow.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:00 pm

Oh! I thought the hair was, but I didn't realize the head was. Probably because I've never seen the Deadly Origin one in person (I can't remember the last time I've been in a Target).
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:04 pm

Very nice job and wonderful details and accessories you put on her...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:24 pm

I repainted AP. After buying a much darker metallic blue I wound up having to mix the two blues to find a medium I was happy with. Will post new pics later. Along with a DC custom...
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:24 pm

This turned out amazing, man. Glad you figured it all out in the end with the proportions and everything. It really looks professional!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:44 pm

Thanks. This is one of those ones I really wanted to get right. I've seen plenty of cool ML version of her, but they're too tall. I know Mark Hamill isn't that tall, but Mara Jade isn't depicted as Chyna, either.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs