Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Troop Building

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Troop Building

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:48 pm

What's everyone's goals and rules for army building?

I have a bunch of Cobra Troopers and Vipers, etc. for the 25th line because toys were still reasonable back then. I never really army built for MLs because I didn't care about multiple AIM or Hydra troopers, because in a display for Marvel they don't rank as that important to me. With Black Series, I've done a bit more army building because for me the troopers in Star Wars are more prominent, but also because of places like Five Below I was able to get them cheaper.

But if it's a soldier, I generally want to have at least two even if full price. So I have two Shock Troopers and two Hoth soldiers, for now. But I have 8 Emperor's Royal Guards(actually 11, but 3 are for future customs) thanks to Five Below, Burlington Coat Factory, and Ollie's. And I have ten Death Squad troopers because I needed a handful to stand behind both Krennic and Moff Gideon in separate displays--though I regret not buying them back when they were showing up at Five Below, but didn't expect to need more for a Mandalorian display. I'd like to get more OT Stormtroopers for my OT shelves. I regret only getting one of the Order 66 sets because now the prices are outrageous.

Just curious what everyone else does to with troop figures.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Troop Building

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:18 pm

I generally get a couple of multiples of figures, depending on what they are...Stormtroopers are an obvious one and Insecticons.

I am envious of those that have the space and gusto for 1,000 Stormtroopers, especially if they go into a diorama; where is the only place in my mind that they should go.

Otherwise I don’t get very many multiples
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Re: Troop Building

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:41 am

I think the only troop building I've done is my Star Force vs. Guavian Enforcers setup, and there I pretty much just scrambled for anything cheap I could get until I got distracted by other things. That is my method. I'm also using other figures as more singular characters in that line (ie, the 70s Leiji Matsumoto anime I'm writing in my head for those).

OH! And I also bought like three of those Create-A-Superstar spec ops Roman Reigns as vaguely futuristic evil troops. When that line was on clearance it was an absolute gold mine. Those were fighting my time displacement squad of Phantom Lady, Mademoiselle Marie, and Anna Fortune. I should add Uncle Sam to that, come to think of it, just Earth-X it.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Return to General Toy Discussions