Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack pg. 85

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Packerbacker Customs Don't Hassle the Moff pg. 69

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:16 pm

Not the most exciting of customs, but I bought a lot of Fleet Troopers from Ollie's for $6 each, but displaying six of the same guy that isn't a clone didn't sit right, so I did some head swaps and repaints to add some variety.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:12 pm

Who cares?! Awesome job on those...Army builder!!!!!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby wally2974 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:12 pm

Those are great, Packer! Simple, but very effective, especially since the head swaps are unrecognizable. I honestly can't tell which figures that you swapped those heads from.
Did you clean out that Ollie's of all of those Rebel Troopers? I was looking for 2 more, but there are no Olllie's stores, here in New Jersey.
$6 bucks is a good deal. The closest to that, I found, was when 5 Below had some hard-to-find Star Wars Black Series figures, like Chirrut Imwe & Baze Malbus.
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:30 pm

Thanks, guys. I actually have five new customs done but can't find my camera. Left to right, Jon Snow, Erik Killmonger, the First Order guy that came with Akbar, Alexander Luthor, and Rick Flagg.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:24 pm

Sweet! Can’t wait to see them
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Packerbacker Customs One-a-day: AP Homework p.70

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:52 am

It's August, so the NFL is training camp mode, and they have a thing called two-a-daysm which is just a fancy way of saying they practice twice a day. Well, I'm going to be doing one-a-days. I've actually had five customs finished for a bit now, but couldn't locate my camera so I finally bought a new. Which, as it turns out, I like a whole lot better than my old. But rather than just bomb my thread with five customs, I thought I'd spread them out over a few days so they can each breath. I;ll say this though, two are Star Wars, three are DC commissions.

Up first, AP-5 from Star Wars Rebels. I actually started this custom while the show was still airing, but then we moved and he got packed up and I turned my attention elsewhere. When I originally started him I had planned on using a Deathstar Droid head I bought because it had a close resemblance I thought I could modify to work. But then I saw these amazing 3D printed heads a seller had, and, well, I spent a lot of money on Star Wars heads (shhhhh, don't tell my wife). So expect a whole from a galaxy far, far away, in the next few months.

Besides that he's just a modified C3-PO body. If you never watched the show, here's a brief wiki synopsis of the character:
"AP-5, nicknamed AP; was a masculine RA-7 protocol droid who served as an analyst droid on a Galactic Republic attack cruiser during the Clone Wars. At the end of the conflict, the Republic was replaced by the Galactic Empire, and AP-5 was relegated to inventory duty aboard the cargo transport 241, an Imperial ca"rgo ship. In the third year before the Battle of Yavin, AP-5 encountered the astromech droid Chopper when the latter hid in the cargo ship while evading several pursuing stormtroopers. Tired of being mistreated, the inventory droid befriended Chopper, helping him steal the cargo ship and providing his rebel allies with a suitable location for a secret base.

Also, this was one of my favorite moments from the whole show and when I decided I needed to make him:

I'm just not sure the blue is dark enough. Wasn't a lot of metallic blues to choose from. May have to look for a darker blue.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs One-a-day: AP Homework p.70

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:47 pm

Even though I’m not familiar with the character or show (get in line to yell at me!) i can stop least say you did a very nice job on him...the blue may be brighter than you intended, but I’m sure he stands out from the crowd and that’s no small feat in the Star Wars Universe.

Well done and GO PACK GO
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby wally2974 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:08 pm

He is a great custom! The color blue, that you chose, seems pretty close to the color blue on the show, based on my memory. Depending on the lighting, from scene to scene, his color seems to be different, varying from a metallic blue to a more gunmetal gray. He looks very sharp and striking, in the colors that you selected. Bravo!
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:26 am

Ooh! Shiny blue robot! Keep him like that, he looks great.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:23 am

Great job on AP5, I hope Hasbro eventually gets around to making him...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs