Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack pg. 85

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Packerbacker Customs Eyes and Qs and Asukas, too! pg. 68

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:38 pm

Wow, that's sweet, man. I'm glad to see you're still bumping those out!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Packerbacker Customs Eyes and Qs and Asukas, too! pg. 68

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:35 pm

Holy crap cakes, are those awesome!!!!

Absolutely loved the Bug-Eyed Bandit and I don’t know who the other folks are but they’re very well done ; keep it up man
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Packerbacker Customs Don't Hassle the Moff pg 69

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:49 am

Well, I started this Moff Gideon just after Christmas. Thought it was a good idea using the Gus Fring Breaking Bad head, and apparently other people not surprisingly had the same idea as I've seen a couple versions of him since. But I was kind of slow getting him done because I did a lot of part swapping tests to find the right legs and arms from various Black Series Imperial/First Order Trooper, so slow in fact, that I figured he'd be a reveal at NYTF this past weekend, but surprisingly, he wasn't. Buuuuuut….yesterday a leak of upcoming figures was posted online, and it looks like he'll becoming out eventually anyway. I even spent the last few weeks toying with making a cloth cape, but it's reached the point to where I wanted to move on to something else since I have some commissions upcoming, so I went with my fallback plastic cape, which looks ok I guess, but since he's getting an official figure I thought it was time to move on. This was also the most effort I eve put into painting a head, mixing all kinds of shades of browns and various other colors, to try and find a nice skin tone--the lifelike digital face scans Hasbro uses for these now made me feel like I needed to up my game a little bit. I kind of veer between being really happy with the results and worrying that he looks like he just went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson. Anyway, if you don't know he's the main bad guy from The Mandalorian show.

This is the way.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs Don't Hassle the Moff pg. 69

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:27 pm

I haven’t seen the show (don’t hurt me!) but this is a striking resemblance to Giancarlo Esposito!! Very well done
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:23 pm

Well what the heck you waiting?

It really is a great headsculpt, you don't realize it just looking at the Breaking Bad figure because it's just a bland brown. The shading really brings out the sculpt surprisingly well. Maybe someday Saul Goodman will be in The Mandalorian...
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:13 am

I haven't seen Lone Wolf & Yoda either (don't have D+), but this is pretty great.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:48 am

Looks great my friend!!! Now that you made it Hasbro will reveal theirs LOL
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:03 pm

This looks excellent. I see you managed to get that cape to work really well in the end!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:37 pm

Thanks everyone. Yeah, the cape is ok. The weight of it kind of pulls the chest piece up higher than I'd like, but overall it works. I should probably just glue the chest piece in place in hindsight.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:10 pm

Still looks good, I think Hasbro has some competition... :splol:
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs