Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC 6" License Goes to McFarlane Toys?!?

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: DC 6" License Goes to McFarlane Toys?!?

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:59 pm

He is hilarious to listen to in that video!

You guys have brought up some really great points to be sure.

For me, I’m ok with a variety of scales as long as they check my boxes: sculpt, articulation, representation and paint apps. But I won’t be roped into buying doubles of characters unless they go back to the actual BAF ‘s to keep filling out the ranks, especially if they’re larger scaled figures, those can work in easily to the 6” scale collection.

Gone are the days of 100 Batman’s and Superman’s with just the best ones I like in the Swamp.

My future problem revolves entirely around space and because of that, I’m forced to have a massive purge; sadly. But it’ll be a good thing in the end because then I can focus on certain displays and my customs and dioramas I’d like to build too.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:01 pm

I have the same space issue. I don't even display my MLs since we moved a couple years ago, most from the last few years are still MIB. Not even sure if I'll ever have the space and the smart thing to do would be just stop buying them. But then you see Dr. Doom at Target and if you don't get him now...
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:40 pm

I mean, I would absolutely be down with Hasbro DC, but I cherry pick a lot. Maybe people would be more amenable to the idea after ML starts slowing down, though. That does seem like it's happening - the oversaturation has really shown at stores, there's more reliance on the the Fan Channel, and there's a slowdown in MCU releases. Not that it won't pick up again when the next MCU phase begins in earnest, but it's the right time for a breather.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:39 pm

Conisdering it's McFarlane we should all be happy it wasn't like 7 seven inch Plastique, Flying Fox...are there anymore Canadian DC characters?
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:45 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:But then you see Dr. Doom at Target and if you don't get him now...

There’s the rub...I bought that new Mr Fantastic today even though I don’t want him; for customizing only. I only want Doom and MAybe She-Hulk

But I can always use bodies...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:39 pm

Yeah, I want Doom. If it were blue/black FF, I'd probably get them all. Could care less about that She-Hulk. Modern looks suck. I saw must of the wave (minus Sue and Doom) and the Demogoblin wave (minus Vulture) at Walmart yesterday and just felt indifferent to most of it. I can't rationalize spending that much all at once for BAFs, and Demogoblin isn't high on my list. Hasbro is pushing me closer and closer to just giving up...

But I will get Doom.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:18 am

Your Wal-Mart is getting in the new waves? Mine is clogged with lesser X-Men and Rock Pythons. Scattered Gwenpools.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:25 am

That was just one Wally, not particularly nearby either. Another Walmart is littered with figures from the Kingpin, Thanos, and MCU Hulk wave with the BAF pieces missing because people suck, or probably one asshole n this case. My closest Walmart has a baker's dozen of Gwenpools that can be yours for the low, low price of just $16.82. Lemme know how many you want.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:26 pm

I'm getting in 4 cases of Fantastic Four and 3 Cases of Spider-Man Legends and they are all already pre-sold when my customers found out I was getting them...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Webslinger » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:28 pm

I'm already getting asked about the new DC multiverse stuff but the only thing that is offered right now is full cases of Harley and Arrow, I'm gonna wait until Diamond offers full case assortments of the whole wave.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel