Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC 6" License Goes to McFarlane Toys?!?

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: DC 6" License Goes to McFarlane Toys?!?

Postby Webslinger » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:07 am

LOL
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:53 pm

Here’s a possible heads up from the DC McFarlane Toys line
EF0BC146-58F3-4FB8-8F74-CB8690B9736A.jpeg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:20 am

Hmmm... Curiouser and curiouser.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:33 pm

Nothing there of interest .
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:32 pm

Wow, that is a diverse assortment of figures for sure. Seems like a little bit of everything, Now what I'd like to know is there gonna be a BaF system in place or is it just figures only? Either way I'll buy some for sure
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:45 pm

I almost don't want a BAF/C&C kind of deal simply because in recent years, Mattel has burned me several times by injecting movie and TV themed figures I have zero interest in. Having to buy a DC TV Arrowverse figure so I can complete a C&C is one of the most off-putting things about collecting DC is recent years.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:13 pm

I completely agree with the yeses and no’s (and I LOVE building figures)

But I have found out that the BAF is a small scale build-a-Batmobile-that-a-Batman-figure-can-never-sit-in is the dumbest thing ever
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:10 am

Idiot Savant wrote:But I have found out that the BAF is a small scale build-a-Batmobile-that-a-Batman-figure-can-never-sit-in is the dumbest thing ever

Oh man, hope that isn't a sign of things to come. And for the record, I also love C&Cs. :smgrin: I think the biggest drawback was that introducing movie and TV figures into the collections made it extremely inconvenient and only served to make the collect and connect figures more expensive to obtain if you had to buy it on the secondary market because they shoe horned two hideous videogame inspired figures in there. I don't know who had the idea that this would be great but they were extremely out of touch with the general collector market.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:01 am

AcidDragon wrote:
Idiot Savant wrote:But I have found out that the BAF is a small scale build-a-Batmobile-that-a-Batman-figure-can-never-sit-in is the dumbest thing ever

Oh man, hope that isn't a sign of things to come. And for the record, I also love C&Cs. :smgrin: I think the biggest drawback was that introducing movie and TV figures into the collections made it extremely inconvenient and only served to make the collect and connect figures more expensive to obtain if you had to buy it on the secondary market because they shoe horned two hideous videogame inspired figures in there. I don't know who had the idea that this would be great but they were extremely out of touch with the general collector market.

I don't collect figures at all anymore ... but this group that producing these figures do not ask nor solicit opinions from serious collectors like all of you here of what they EXACTLY what they want and proceed from there.

It's sad and many of the collectors that I know of stopped buying them and thinking of putting up their existing collections on eBay and get rid of them for good. I know one collector ALREADY SOLD all 20 plus figures and not bothering buying more in the future.

It is frustrating and I'm sharing opinions of 5-8 collectors that doing business with McFarlane Toys in the past 5-10 years and that's pretty much the bottom line here.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:51 pm

I agree that I hate the forced inclusion of movie/TV/video game figs into a line to force us to collect figs we don’t want just to build a BAF...it saddens me to hear that collectors aren’t collecting anymore and just dumping out of despair or lack of interest...I just hope Todd’s “throw **** at the wall to see what sticks” method doesn’t last too long and he narrows it down to a good, solid line
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel