Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Mattel DC Comics 6-Inch Multiverse Figures

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: Mattel DC Comics 6-Inch Multiverse Figures

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:01 pm

There's a couple Vixens and Gaslight Bats along with a lone Martian Manhunter at my nearest Target. Been there a couple weeks now. Kind of surprised Vixen isn't selling. Personally it's a lame BAF, so that's probably not helping.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:10 pm

neve picked up Gaslight Batman at retail, now I kinda want him. lol
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:18 pm

He looks much better than the scrawny one in the Croc wave. I hope they linger and get clearance, lol. I saw KGBeast again at Walmart today. Debated between him and 80th Cap, wound up buying Cap.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:12 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:He looks much better than the scrawny one in the Croc wave. I hope they linger and get clearance, lol. I saw KGBeast again at Walmart today. Debated between him and 80th Cap, wound up buying Cap.

I have to admit that the KGBeast figure isn't half bad and on the plus side it is on a MOTUC body, but for some reason it can come apart at the waist, kinda like a BaF you know. But overall a good solid figure. I like it.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:27 pm

I keep seeing most to all of this wave at various Walmarts. Think I'll just wait it out on most of them and try to find the cheap.

For anyone that has an Ollie's in their area I've seen the whole Steppenwolf wave and the Walgreens Flash for $10 there. Still to much for me, but they're there. Hoping the discount chains have better stuff coming for Christmas, there were so many ML and DCM waves I barely saw in stores while the usual suspects warmed pegs that they have to show up somewhere, right?
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby wingnut1969 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:09 pm

I finally got the Batman wave about a week or two ago. VERY disappointing.

Alfred is nice. The three extra heads is a definite win but . . . I don't know. I don't know what more I could've asked for but it kinda leaves me flat.

Batman should've been my favorite - I mean look at my moniker and it shouldn't be too hard to figure out why - but he was unimpressive. I don't get the cape. I don't think I can put into words my disappointment and have any sort coherence to them so I shall not try.

Croc is super nice but way too big. He's towering. Something the size of Bane or even KGBeast would've been preferable but, hey, at least he doesn't have a tail.

Katana is by far my favorite figure which is saying a lot considering this is not the version of the character I wanted but I have ideas swirling around in my head on how to get that accomplished so maybe one day. She's kind a plain but something about her clicks with me. Go figure.

KGBeast is also really nice. As mentioned above, when I took out of the box he separated at the waist which filled me horror at first but when I saw he could snap back together I calmed down and snapped him back together. My biggest complaint here is that his belt is made a part of his tunic rather than being a separate piece. As a consequence if you use the abdomen joint to lean him back he looks like a fat girl wearing a shirt that's too small.

Red Hood is far and away the biggest let down. On the surface he looks good but once you start digging deeper problems start to arise beginning with his guns. He has three sets of hands: standard open, closed fist and trigger finger hands which is great except for the problem with guns - they are part of the holster so he can't draw them. So what is the friggin point to have a set of trigger finger hands and not giving him guns to hold? And something about the arms/elbows looks weird to me.

Red Robin is fine but nothing spectacular. It, like the comics version, is just an updated look to Tim's original Robin costume - which we never REALLY got just a repainted other Robin costume in the original colors.

Also, let me add, I've never really been a fan of the new body style they've used sine Multiverse kicked off. Where I am not as schooled as many I enjoy customizing figures to get characters they have not, and now, will not do and the internal ligatures has given me pause with the Multiverse figures as I want to disassemble not destroy figures. Previously I could always reassemble the figures no problem now I don't know. If anyone has any advice in a way of a tutorial or helpful hints I will gladly listen.
wingnut1969
Partner
Partner

Postby Webslinger » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:29 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:I keep seeing most to all of this wave at various Walmarts. Think I'll just wait it out on most of them and try to find the cheap.

For anyone that has an Ollie's in their area I've seen the whole Steppenwolf wave and the Walgreens Flash for $10 there. Still to much for me, but they're there. Hoping the discount chains have better stuff coming for Christmas, there were so many ML and DCM waves I barely saw in stores while the usual suspects warmed pegs that they have to show up somewhere, right?

I wouldn't might the Steppenwolf wave if it is still available. If it is and you would be interested in picking them up I would gladly pay you for them
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:17 pm

Think the only one I still see is Cyborg these days. Ollie's has mostly those awful metal Batman and Superman video game figures and maybe some of the Walgreens Flash still. Overall it's been a pretty disappointing discount chain Christmas season unless you like Black Series Young Han and Indiana Poe, lol.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:59 pm

Thanks for reviewing these figures, wingnut. I haven't bought the set yet but I plan to soon. I'm honestly pretty disappointed with the design direction of the KGBeast figure. I was hoping for a more classic look. I'm not a soft goods cape guy and was shocked to see that the Dick Grayson Batman didn't have a molded cape like most of the previous figures. Visually, Red Hood looks awesome but having the guns molded into the holster makes no sense to me. Red Robin, who I don't really care about as a character seems to be one of the best of the bunch as well as Katana who doesn't have the design I want. Alfred looks like a winner for me and Killer Croc is not bad. A bit on the hefty side.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:11 pm

I kind of feel the same way, wingnut. Every time I've seen that entire wave in stores I just couldn't bring myself to pay $20 for any of them I just feel very little excitement for any of them, and Croc being Rocket Red scale made it easier to just ignore most of that wave. I bought KGBeast. May buy Alfred someday, the rest are just pretty meh and not anything I consider essential.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel