Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

SDCC 2109

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

SDCC 2019

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:24 pm

So, we're only a couple days away. What's everyone looking forward too? What are you hoping/expecting to see?

3...2...1...discuss!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: SDCC 2019

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:59 pm

A few cool things trickling out.

Marvel Legends Squirrel Girl (yay) w/moped (boo). Shang-Chi, and Cosmic Ghost Rider.

Also an entire MCU Wave with a fat Thor BAF apparently (haven't seen the movie but I'm glad it's entire wave I can skip)

DC Multiverse showed some stuff, Alfred with multiple heads, Killer Croc, KGBeast, Poison Ivy, Robin, Bats (Dick Grayson?), Joker, and a Red Hood which doesn't look great. Not too impressed by some of these. Ivy seems to suffer from giant head syndrome some of the female MLs have. Bats and Robin kind of look cheap. Joker is kind of meh. Alfred looks cool, and with three extra heads and a serving tray is pretty neat, but overall it's kind of meh reveal so far. Not that any Multiverse stuff really shows up in stores anyways. Maybe at Ollie's in a few years?
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:24 pm

They also showed Katana, which is the one I have preordered. I was worried she'd be canceled, so I'm glad they're still planning on her.

I'm probably gonna pick up Heimdall from the all MCU Avengers wave, I loved that look.

So far the WWE reveals have been my main thing: new Elite Asuka, plus first Elites of Kairi Sane (WHOO!), Mandy Rose, and Lacey Evans to help fill out my women's roster. New Becky in her The Man shirt with a great new face scan -- think she might be a Basic Series, but still nice.

Still waiting on all the new MLs, plus NECA's full list (they did already show off a new Toony Terrors wave and an Ultimate Pinhead from Hellraiser) and new Scream Factory Blu-Rays.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:27 pm

The Scream Factory panel had some HUGE announcements! First of all...

MY BLOODY VALENTINE!

Never thought that would happen, because Paramount's obnoxious. Beyond that, some other great announcements: Big Trouble in Little China, Let's Scare Jessica to Death, Stephen King's Silver Bullet, the mutant bear thriller The Prophecy, a new Universal Horror collection with The Black Cat, and a collection of The Fly movies, including both the original series and remake series. Tons of others, but those stood out to me.

They also announced new NECA/SF Megos...
Russ Thorn, the Driller Killer from Slumber Party Massacre. He'll be with a SPM steelbook that has a new 4K scan.

Suzanne and Stooge from Night of the Demons. Available in a 2-pack on the Shout website. Preorders are up right now.

secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:36 am

Eh, maybe I'm just cranky, but nothing blew me away this year. Didn't help that there was no Star Wars Black series stuff. MLs had a couple of cool things and a lot of easy passes. DC Multiverse had a couple interesting figures and some that didn't look so good, but good luck finding anything but Shazam and CW Martian Manhunter at retail. Seemed like a kind of lackluster year.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:27 am

Most of the members in my LCS this year aren't buying anything that SDCC is offering this year and felt like this year is not to their liking at all.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:07 pm

I'm actually super interested in most of this Mattel DC Multiverse line up. I'm happy to finally see an Alfred figure and a Killer Croc that doesn't suck in scale and articulation. Would be nice if KG Beast had his actual popular older look but I'll take that over nothing. That Ivy definitely has some head scale issues. If they can correct that, I'll take it. Would have been nice to see some other villains like Madhatter or Ventriloquist and Scarface. This is like the second Katana figure that doesn't really suit my shelf and still no Geo-Force? Everything else looks good to me including Red Hood and Red Robin. Red Robin looks darn good, could seriously have given us a better early 90s Tim Drake Robin with that head, too. Oh well.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Webslinger » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:20 pm

At this point with Multiverse stuff I am only interested in that Ultimate Alfred since the line is pretty much over and having bad distribution I am pretty much done with them. I am eagerly awaiting what McFarlane Toys has to offer though with hyper detailing and with Todd himself saying he can pretty much make anything based off of different artists I am totally down. I'll be one of his Batman figures will be based on issue 420 he drew...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:16 am

Hyper-detailing in Todd McFarlane speak is 10 points of articulation.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:53 am

He is applying more articulation into his figures if you have been watching his interviews... at least it's better than what we got in the 90's.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Next

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel