Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC 6" License Goes to McFarlane Toys?!?

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: DC 6" License Goes to McFarlane Toys?!?

Postby Webslinger » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:26 pm

Aren't a lot of what is being shown possibly prototype pics and not actual product? I have picked up a few of the Stranger Things figures and they are pretty good, I do need to pick up the Ghostbuster 4 pack they came out with..
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Avalon » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:01 pm

Got any pics?
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:53 pm

Webslinger wrote:Aren't a lot of what is being shown possibly prototype pics and not actual product? I have picked up a few of the Stranger Things figures and they are pretty good, I do need to pick up the Ghostbuster 4 pack they came out with..

Oh yeah, some of the Stranger Things stuff is pretty good. This just stands out as particularly weak. And these are from the promo photos for the wave, I would think this is probably final product. The prototype likely would've looked much better than that.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:26 am

So the rumours are true...... Mc-Fart-land Toys is getting the DC license and at a time when we were finally getting figures like Vixen, Jessica Cruz, Spoiler, Cassie, Kyle and the Ray. I know I shouldn't knock them until I see them but they don't have a great track record with me. :pasad:
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:45 pm

Princess_Amethyst wrote:So the rumours are true...... Mc-Fart-land Toys is getting the DC license and at a time when we were finally getting figures like Vixen, Jessica Cruz, Spoiler, Cassie, Kyle and the Ray. I know I shouldn't knock them until I see them but they don't have a great track record with me. :pasad:

I agree and can see your point on them, like you said, Mattel was finally doing well (since the demise of DCUC) at filling out the ranks, but even they went back to the green tree characters...I just hope that McFarlane doesn’t have the QC Issues they’ve had as well as keeping the articulation that they’re FINALLY working with now.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:08 pm

Couldn't they license the buck like Super7 did with Masters of the Universe Classics?
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:06 am

AcidDragon wrote:Couldn't they license the buck like Super7 did with Masters of the Universe Classics?

Possibly, but I'm not sure Mattel would have interest in helping a competitor succeed with a 3rd party license.

I think McF will have a higher standard of quality here than they do for their easy layup TV show stuff - I expect their DC work to be more along the lines of their Fortnite/Halo figures - but obviously there's still a lot of concerns until we see at least prototypes. I don't even think we know the scale yet. (I'm expecting 7-inch, but who knows, maybe Todd will be kind.)
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:03 am

Princess_Amethyst wrote:So the rumours are true...... Mc-Fart-land Toys is getting the DC license and at a time when we were finally getting figures like Vixen, Jessica Cruz, Spoiler, Cassie, Kyle and the Ray. I know I shouldn't knock them until I see them but they don't have a great track record with me. :pasad:

OMG Princess Amethyst!?!?! long time no see, glad to see you back!!! it has been awhile hasn't it. First Avalon is back and now you, what great fortune favors our merry band.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:03 pm

I guess death really does bring family together. Death of the DCUC line. :blsm: :blbat: :blww: :blhal: :blbaf: :blmm: :blaq:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:58 pm

Hahahahaha
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel