Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Scott says, "One last surprise for DCUC"

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: Scott says, "One last surprise for DCUC"

Postby Tango X » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:42 pm

Gold Superman? Why don't I like the sound of that...? lol

AcidDragon wrote:Gold Superman... :goldsupes:

Yup.

Awesome. lol.

Ok, so this Gold Superman thing is based on a 1984 figure from Kenner? I know clues point towards this figure right now but is there an official word yet? I have to say that this wasn't what I was expecting for a last hurrah figure but I didn't have my hopes up for anything beyond the final four anyway so I guess whatever. Seems like a weird choice to me tho.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby S. Griffin » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:48 pm

Havok1891 wrote:Ero showed me a link. It shows what figures made it only to the pencial & paper stage for Super Powers. We are talking Deathstroke, Kid Flash, Obsidian, 80s Vigilante, and others. Jeez, so we would have Aqualad, Speedy, Jade, and others if only Kenner had made them years ago. This angers me. These idiots were basing the choices on stuff that almost got made for a dead toy line in 1984 (or so). Obsidian was cool, but we didn't need him before Jade and so many others.

Neitlich was talking about DCUC like the new Superpowers from the very beginning and even said he wouldn't rest until every last Superpowers figure was made in DC Universe Classics. It's annoying, but your anger's a little late. Besides, for every DCUC figure that can be traced back to Superpowers there's at least two or three that can't. It was a guide but never a rule.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby S. Griffin » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:51 pm

Tango X wrote:Gold Superman? Why don't I like the sound of that...? lol

AcidDragon wrote:Gold Superman... :goldsupes:

Yup.

Awesome. lol.

Ok, so this Gold Superman thing is based on a 1984 figure from Kenner? I know clues point towards this figure right now but is there an official word yet? I have to say that this wasn't what I was expecting for a last hurrah figure but I didn't have my hopes up for anything beyond the final four anyway so I guess whatever. Seems like a weird choice to me tho.

Official word will apparently come at Toyfair.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Tango X » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:00 pm

Ah thanks. Not too long of a wait, I guess.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Havok1891 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:22 pm

S. Griffin wrote:
Havok1891 wrote:Ero showed me a link. It shows what figures made it only to the pencial & paper stage for Super Powers. We are talking Deathstroke, Kid Flash, Obsidian, 80s Vigilante, and others. Jeez, so we would have Aqualad, Speedy, Jade, and others if only Kenner had made them years ago. This angers me. These idiots were basing the choices on stuff that almost got made for a dead toy line in 1984 (or so). Obsidian was cool, but we didn't need him before Jade and so many others.

Neitlich was talking about DCUC like the new Superpowers from the very beginning and even said he wouldn't rest until every last Superpowers figure was made in DC Universe Classics. It's annoying, but your anger's a little late. Besides, for every DCUC figure that can be traced back to Superpowers there's at least two or three that can't. It was a guide but never a rule.

Well obviously my anger means nothing even on time, it ain't like I can change things. It still doesn't prevent me from voicing how irritated I am that they put SO much stock into the 80s toy line though. I loved Kenner's Super Powers figures as a kid and I still think they are cool . . . but I really don't get the need to try and replicate the entire line in the 2000s.

I can't help wondering if someone will try a line in 2025/2035 and fans will want all of Super Powers & DCUC replicated before whatever is current then.

What would be the point in a gold Superman? There are still those 4 or so other Super Powers figures that hadn't been made, so Scott's crusade would still not be complete.

I guess I am thinking they should do light blue superman with myx. If they can't include him and they can't do the Super Powers Batman & Wonder Woman, they may as well go golden age with Superman.
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Avalon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:33 pm

Fingers crossed that it's something I like come Toyfair. If not, no matter. Still getting my Ice, Superboy and Aquaman. :halgrin:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:46 pm

I'm not even sure where to begin thinking (which is usually the case!)...personally, I think it'll be a good send-off and not a lazy repaint. I'm not going to come up with anything because frankly we won't know until Toy Fair, so I can wait, just sit back and watch the madness ensue.

It had better not be a lame-ass repaint...(see? Madness is already starting to take over...)
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby 1987olds442 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:31 pm

I wouldn't mind a DC One Million Superman.

1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Tango X » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:40 pm

I guess at One Million is from a comic. lol.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:42 pm

Ah, whatever it is, I'll probably buy it. :smwink:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel