Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Scott says, "One last surprise for DCUC"

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: Scott says, "One last surprise for DCUC"

Postby Avalon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:26 pm

I don't really want Superfriends fillers but honestly, at this point, I don't really care. I was not expecting an extra anyway so either way, I'll be happy that either someone else gets what they want or I'll get an extra. I'll probs buy it regardless.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:28 pm

Havok1891 wrote:4) They actually surprise me with something cool and not done (unlikely) and we get Vixen.

To me, Vixen would be too much to hope for right now, but if it is, I'll be pleased. :smgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:52 pm

It's going to be Princess Amethyst!!! Only joking, but a girl can dream. :wwlol:
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:32 pm

AcidDragon wrote:
Havok1891 wrote:4) They actually surprise me with something cool and not done (unlikely) and we get Vixen.

To me, Vixen would be too much to hope for right now, but if it is, I'll be pleased. :smgrin:

Man, Vixen would be about the sweetest surprise. Which is why I think she's unlikely. Looking at the images, I don't hate Superboy's head as much, but poor Ice, she's ug-o. I still will probably see what Inj. Supes head looks like on Superboy, provided I can get one cheap.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby S. Griffin » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:50 pm

Just read a post over on on Fwoosh saying that the DCUC Superpowers display has some of the unreleased 4th wave represented, and the missing characters are Rocketman, Quadrex, Manhunter, Mirror Master, Black Lightning, Gold Superman, Mr. Mxyzptlk, and Bizarro. The poster makes a guess that the surprise will be Mr. Mxyzptlk. I doubt Mattel would just go and tool up Rocketman, Quadrex, or Manhunter. I suppose it's possible that they already tooled up Mxy, and that they've been keeping him under wraps. Would a gold-suit Superman piss off a lot of people? Seems like the other most likely choice going by the clues Mattel seems to have left behind in that case.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Havok1891 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:09 pm

splineup.jpg

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow, I saw that Super Powers photo and figured that last line were custom figures and not unreleased. That was real!?!?!?!? Everything about it looks custom. John Stewart had looked like a Hal Jordan figure with a Broccoli lantern head.

Gold Superman, and not light blue Superman would be AMAZING in making Batzarro look like a kindness.

Guys, I hate to say it . . . but as usual I am waiting for disappointment. This is going to be one last kick in the nuts I think. They landed good hits with non SDCC exclusive 2012, with New 52 Shazam in 2013, Batzarro, and various other times I can't think of . . . but whatever it is . . . it's probably gonna impress me with how bad it is. Gold Superman would do that for sure.
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:12 pm

Gold Superman... :goldsupes:

Yup.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Avalon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:34 pm

Gold Supes... This must be how Pam felt when she found out Michael was dating her mom on the Office. I just died a little inside. Partly due to laughter, that Gold Supes emote is my favorite so far. :smlol:
Last edited by Avalon on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Havok1891 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:36 pm

Ero showed me a link. It shows what figures made it only to the pencial & paper stage for Super Powers. We are talking Deathstroke, Kid Flash, Obsidian, 80s Vigilante, and others. Jeez, so we would have Aqualad, Speedy, Jade, and others if only Kenner had made them years ago. This angers me. These idiots were basing the choices on stuff that almost got made for a dead toy line in 1984 (or so). Obsidian was cool, but we didn't need him before Jade and so many others.
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Avalon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:38 pm

That definitely looks like a possible scenario, Havok.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel