Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Discuss all Marvel related media here whether it's comics, games, movies, TV series, animated programs and more!

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Postby Crazy Jetty » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:15 pm

Anyone think that the fire guy will be Sunfire?
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:25 pm

S. Griffin wrote:Maybe ask your doctor about Ritalin :smwink:

Ha. "When I starts me fiddlin', I jus takes me Ritalin, I'm poppin' and sailin', man."

I don't know. I put it on and I see all these people that look and dress like they belong on the CW and I just think none of them look like they are old enough to work for SHIELD. And I just can't get passed that.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby S. Griffin » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:21 pm

Crazy Jetty wrote:Anyone think that the fire guy will be Sunfire?

Seems more like Dragonfire, but I suppose we won't know until we hear his name.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby S. Griffin » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:29 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:
S. Griffin wrote:Maybe ask your doctor about Ritalin :smwink:

Ha. "When I starts me fiddlin', I jus takes me Ritalin, I'm poppin' and sailin', man."

I don't know. I put it on and I see all these people that look and dress like they belong on the CW and I just think none of them look like they are old enough to work for SHIELD. And I just can't get passed that.

I can understand that, but there was a lot of well done and downright fun stuff in last week's episode, which was written by a veteran of the X-Files, Angel, and Starz Spartacus series. Another Spartacus writer wrote next week's episode. If you can get past the whole Abercrombie model thing (I did pretty quickly) you might find a fair amount of stuff to like.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:48 pm

Maybe. I mean, looking the part has never been a prerequisite for me, but I feel like every time I put it on is moments away from a Paula Cole song bursting out.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:26 am

Had to PVR SHIELD tonight, had a meeting that lasted for a few hours. Going to watch it now. :batgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:23 am

Very cool episode. I wonder if Skye's spy game with SHIELD came to a conclusion tonight or if we're going to find out there was more later?
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Avalon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:46 pm

I liked the episode but it felt almost like a little step down from the previous episode. It was still a good episode but I wished they had more scenes that were actually on the streets of Hong Kong or at least looked like it. Not sure exactly where it was filmed. Aside from the opening scene with Scorch demonstrating his magic tricks, I don't remember anything else that made it memorable and they could have done a lot of cool stuff with a neat city like that.

Also I'm a little late now but that was a very good guess with Dragonfire, Griffin. I probably would have thought the same. I just hope that they use more real characters besides Graviton in future episodes.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Tango X » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:08 pm

Caught the first 15 minutes of it and then the last 20 or so. I thought it was okay. I think it's kind of hit its stride and it's gonna plateau for a little bit with standout episodes here and there. Ending was a little peculiar with the creepy guy in jail talking to the girl with the dress.

The guy who played Scorch. He had a really bad accent when he spoke Chinese. Like it was just awful. It bugged me whenever I heard it. Now I was born and raised in the US of A, but we spoke Chinese in our household all the time and man, that was like listening to a guy who just learned the language for the first time.

Especially when Melinda May and him were shouting to each other at the end. Melinda spoke it perfectly but he just butchered it. The Chinese dialog was also really bad and felt unnatural and a lot of words were mispronounced. I heard that something similar happened with the Korean actor James Kyson who they hired to play the Ando in Heroes who was Japanese and that his Japanese wasn't very good and people who spoke that language found it distracting. I can understand that after this experience.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:20 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:Maybe. I mean, looking the part has never been a prerequisite for me, but I feel like every time I put it on is moments away from a Paula Cole song bursting out.

Dawson's Creek reference, packer? Shame on you!! :wwlol:

@Tango
Very interesting on the Chinese pronunciations thing. I'm gonna ask one of my girlfriends who speaks Chinese to rewatch the episode with me and point it out when it happens!!
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Marvel Media