Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack pg. 85

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Packerbacker Customs Next up, Chuck pg. 49

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:03 pm

That's pretty good likeness Packer and I think you did a great job making it work altogether and I like the way you did this and I think you did a good job there and a nice paint job too.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:02 pm

Thanks, DF
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:26 pm

Damn he's exquisite...his face was beautifully made and really brings out the attitude...well done sir
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Webslinger » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:35 am

You keep knocking them outta the park my friend!!! Awesome work as usual PB!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Packerbacker Customs Love in the Time of Profem p. 50

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:23 pm

I had to make another Element Lad because someone made me an offer I could refuse. And I wanted to make a Legion character I haven't seen done before, so I decided to make a couple with Element Lad and Science Police Liaison to the Legion, Shvaughn Erin. I like to pretend that the 90's never happened for the Legion, heck even most of the oughts, so we won't get into Sean Erin and Profem, and all that other strange stuff. Like most of my Legion customs, I'm focusing mostly on pre-Crisis versions before the Legion became a giant mess. There's rumor that Hickman might write a relaunched Legion, and I think I'd kind of like to see that.

Anyway, Jan Arrah and Shvaughn Erin...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs An Officer & a Gentle Tromite pg. 5

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:34 am

Very nicely done, Packerbacker and thanks for sharing these pictures with us. :)
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Packerbacker Customs An Officer & a Gentle Tromite pg. 5

Postby 1987olds442 » Wed May 04, 2016 1:12 pm

Great work Packerbacker :) I'm surprised how nice that ML Hope head looks on a DCUC body.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Packerbacker Customs Before You Sensor pg. 50

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 09, 2016 1:15 pm

Ok, need to share this. Started Projectra a while ago now, but got discouraged when this particular cape from a DC Collectibles Zatanna turned out to be the wrong type of rubber that caused paint to crack and chip off pretty easily. I tried all different things, sprays, etc. and nothing workied. Stopped at Lowe's, Hobby Lobby, searched the web, asked in the figurerealm forum, and no one seemed to have any solution. Then on my way back from a toy run I passed by a fine art supply store. At first I drove by just figuring it was a lost cause, but then decided I wasn't going to be out that way for a long time and what could a couple wasted minutes cost? So I explained my plight to the clerk, and they suggested something called Angelus Leather Paint. At first I was a little apprehensive, but a jar was only $3 so I figured I'd give it a try. Turned out the stuff is amazing! It's a water-based acrylic that adheres really well to rubber. You can bend and crumple the hell out of this cape and not a single flake came off. So, with that problem solved, it was just a matter of finishing up the paint before another Legion couple was reunited...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs Don't Sensor Me pg. 50

Postby AcidDragon » Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 pm

Wow, terrific job, man. Brings me back to the Legion issues leading up to Karate Kid's untimely demise. You're really bringing the Legion to life. Inspirational work, my friend!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Packerbacker Customs Don't Sensor Me pg. 50

Postby AcidDragon » Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 pm

Great tip on the Angelus Leather Paint, too!!!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs