Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack pg. 85

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Packerbacker Customs A Firestar is Born pg. 46

Postby Webslinger » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:22 am

Yeah, I absolutely LOVE that custom, takes me back to saturday mornings on NBC watching Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends... one of the best animated Spidey series of all time in my opinion!!! I have the MU 3 pack but I am eagerly awaiting the day they get to her in her classics costume. But until then I am in the process of making my own since I can now see what mine could possibly look like, you give me something to strive for PB!!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Re: Packerbacker Customs Long Live the Legion pg. 47

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:16 pm

Ok, started my Legion of Super-heroes project so here are the first two Legionaires. I really only read the LOSH a little in the mid 80's, once they really screwed with the history I just found it unapproachable. Was never huge fan, but because of that most of these will skew towards the late 70s/early 80s looks, except for maybe Lightning Lass because I really liked her more modern 2000s outfit, but I haven't decided for certain if that's the look I want to go with. Not sure I should mix eras. Thoughts anyone?

Element Lad:

Sun Boy:
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs Legionaires #1 & #2 pg. 47

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:37 pm

Wow. Amazing, dude. Just finished reading the Legion from Ferro Lad's saga to the just after Crisis and you've captured these guys perfectly. How did you do EL's fro??
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Packerbacker Customs Legionaires #1 & #2 pg. 47

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:48 pm

It's actually just a DC Infinite Crisis Alexander Luthor perm atop a Chris Evans Cap head. It's even its own piece so little effort was involved. Got him for like $8 on amazon. Going to really suck now with the free shipping going up to $49 minimum. Greedy pigs. Like Bezos needs more money.

I never read a ton of Legion but since I'm not reading current comics I've gone back and read a lot of Legion stuff while looking for reference pics, The Great Darkness Saga, the isses where Karate Kid dies, Magic Wars, Legion of Three Worlds, really enjoying them.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Packerbacker Customs Blok Party Like It's 2999 pg. 47

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:15 pm

Ok, next Legionaire up, figured I'd get one of the tougher ones out of the way early. Had to redo the head several times as it felt too big, but I'm pretty happy with how he turned out.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs Blok Party pg. 47

Postby Webslinger » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:03 am

What body did you use? Darksied's or Lead's?
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:15 am

Lead, though the only difference between the two are the gloves and lower legs.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:45 pm

Element Lad and Sun Boy are truly a piece of art and I just wanted to say this ... it's amazing that you paid great attention to details and a nice job of painting it. Loved it. :)
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:38 pm

Thanks, Doc. Di some minor touch ups on Blok and took some better pics.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Nett3000 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:45 am

Really nice! The head sculpt is awesome!
Nett3000
Rookie
Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs