Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC 6" License Goes to McFarlane Toys?!?

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

DC 6" License Goes to McFarlane Toys?!?

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:49 am

Well this news is a bombshell. Right after teasing the Harry Potter license, McFarlane announces they're working with DC!

"Starting in 2020, McFarlane Toys will begin releasing 6"-12" ultra-posable action figures based on characters from DC's stable of characters from comics, movies, and video games - along with corresponding vehicles and accessories."

Didn't see this one coming, but with McFarlane putting out some truly excellent Fortnite figures, the company seems poised to do something special here.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: DC 6" License Goes to McFarlane Toys?!?

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:53 am

Hopefully, because historically "articulated" to McFarlane is 8 POAs. Honestly, I'd have to be really blown away because I have way too many DCUC type figures to start from scratch again.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:40 pm

This is awesome, I recently got the Captain Kirk figure McFarlane Toys has made and I loved it, great articulation. It is no Marvel Legends or DCUC figure but a step above in my book. The looks he will come out with will most likely be realistic looking and I am eager to see what he can do with it.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:16 pm

I am excitedly intrigued and cannot wait to see what figures and vehicles they come up with...this has potential to be a dream come true
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:09 am

packerbacker180 wrote:Hopefully, because historically "articulated" to McFarlane is 8 POAs. Honestly, I'd have to be really blown away because I have way too many DCUC type figures to start from scratch again.

Have you seen their Fortnite stuff? It's really exceptional work with great articulation.

Unfortunately, it also releases at a trickle. I'm curious if they can keep up that standard with a line that demands such a regular release schedule to stay competitive.

I don't expect to go all-in on this, but I could see myself picking up some individual characters from time to time.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:29 pm

I retract my previous optimism regarding this line.

secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:43 pm

Not excited for the Young Weird Al line?
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:17 pm

They just better put out "Dare to Be Stupid" Al before it ends!

Seriously, this looks like a first-timer's custom, not a professionally released product. You custom dudes on this board alone have done much better work.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:53 pm

Well unless it's Spawn or a Canadian hockey player...not sure Todd cares.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:33 am

Good old Todd! I'd imagine Stranger Things is low on their list of lines to really invest a lot into. The people who are gonna pick those up at pop culture stores are likely more fans of the show than action figure collectors. But damn, they put more into their Walking Dead figures than this, and they could've just sold those fans brown lumps of clay with the word "Sadness" etched in.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel