Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Oooh the DCUC stress....

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Oooh the DCUC stress....

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat May 22, 2021 7:43 am

I remember freaking out that we’d never get this guy....I was non-stop watching this level not move at all. I was so disappointed at the time in how fast the interest dropped in this line. I, for one, was still all in and couldn’t wait for more.

Great memories for me as the last line I wanted to work hard at completing; nearly there now. There hasn’t been a line since that I wanted them all...
41F01632-6F35-455C-8ABD-6288D615CABA.jpeg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Re: Oooh the DCUC stress....

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 22, 2021 9:33 am

Yeah, DCUC will always have a special place in my heart. Even with the Club annoyance, I still like most of the figures, and as far as customs, it's still my favorite figure to customize even if it's slightly more clunky than modern figures. I just don't feel the same love for Marvel Legends even though they have great figures, but I don't care about the MCU figures nor many of the modern iterations. And geez, if you thought there were too many different Batman figures well then Wolverine and Iron Man would like you to hold their beer.

Even the Multiverse line didn't excite me as much because of the more modern characters. I still picked up quite a few, but didn't feel the need to complete too many of the BAFs.

I look at the McFarlane stuff, and I'm like, I'd probably buy many of them if they were the same szie, but since they're bigger I don't even pay much attention to them (and with the rising costs of figures maybe I shouldn't complain). Really, Star Wars Black Series is the line I look most forward to now.

Ah, the good ol' Mattycollector forum days. That one poor guy is still waiting on his hotpants Supergirl.

"No plans right now, but you never know."--ToyGuru
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat May 22, 2021 6:39 pm

“Ah, the good ol' Mattycollector forum days. That one poor guy is still waiting on his hotpants Supergirl.“

Oh my Fava Beans, I forgot all about that...wonder where he is now?!?

And if someone gives me a beer to hold for more than 1 minute, it’s mine by default....
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Webslinger » Mon May 24, 2021 1:03 pm

Oh man, Mattycollector.com... those were good days indeed
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 25, 2021 4:03 am

Yes, I know that frustration with this series, MOTUC and the like all and of course Mattel in general too well I'm afraid :x

Darn, I just showcased My DCUC ----> DOOMSDAY IS HERE! I think you REALLY overlooked this section so click that link guys because I feature THAT VERY DOOMSDAY which was a long time coming and took a lot of work for Me to put together as does a lot of stuff I do :shock:

Webslinger wrote:Oh man, Mattycollector.com... those were good days indeed

Indeed they were, indeed they were :roll:

Hey Webslinger, where have you been? I have posted tons of stuff since My return with really little comments (which I really don't know why :?: :roll: ) I'd really appreciate you checking everything out when you get the time, I update My stuff frequently!

By the way, I also featured Doomsday in My JLA-U topic as well :D
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Webslinger » Tue May 25, 2021 12:03 pm

I will do my best my friend, my comic shop keeps me pretty busy these days and I feel bad that I haven't been around as much as I should be. I will endeavor to rectify that...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 26, 2021 2:25 am

Webslinger wrote:I will do my best my friend, my comic shop keeps me pretty busy these days and I feel bad that I haven't been around as much as I should be. I will endeavor to rectify that...

Hi Webslinger, great to hear that and no worries :) Dude, I had no idea you have a comic shop, good for you, we need more of them, I miss going to them. My local comic shops that I went to often went out of business years and years ago and haven't been to one since. The one I really loved was closer to My location and I supported him a lot and got a lot of great figures and comics from him :roll: I plan on showcasing down the road in the near future some of the great stuff that I got from there in certain topics.

OK Webslinger, nice from hearing from you and thanks for letting Me know, good luck with your comic shop dude :D
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby MajorCandidZero » Thu May 27, 2021 2:25 am

This hits me in the nostalgia feels
MajorCandidZero
Civilian
Civilian

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:16 pm

I will never forget receiving long PMs from another poster on the MC forums about why I was lying about my own wishlist, because it made no sense to him.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:13 pm

That has to be one of the weirdest things I’ve ever heard..someone calling you a liar on your own wishlist?! Geez...that guy had a few issues to sort out huh?
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel