Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC 6" License Goes to McFarlane Toys?!?

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: DC 6" License Goes to McFarlane Toys?!?

Postby Webslinger » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:43 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:The regular Supes isn't bad.

Yeah, I like that Superman
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:58 am

Not really anything I'm interested in. I already like the Batman TAS figures that DC Collectibles came out with and the other guys are just whatever. What made him think that anybody still wants New 52 figures now? We didn't even want them when New 52 was still a thing. I'm talking specifically about the Hellbat Armor there. But hey, at least they brought back the underwear on top of the pants look which I am a huge fan of.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:17 am

I also prefer my underwear on top of my pants. In comics, too.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:34 am

Classic PB.... LOL
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:19 pm

Hey, the Batman Who Laughs looks nice. Will probably buy that. BAF Batmobile, though?
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:56 pm

It isn't to scale with the 6 inch figures but still looks cool. yeah I am definitely liking most of what was offered for sure. I think McFarlane is gonna do well.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:04 pm

Oof, these ain't good. Weird selection too. It's like going to a toy show and buying loose randoms from a bin. This is KB Toys 3/$10: The Line.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:31 pm

Pretty much like the old DC Superheroes days where it was Batman wave-Superman wave...

The Harley would be interesting but then she has a kind of Animated Series-ish head, so nah. Same with the Batman, not a fan of the cartoonish head and cape. Oh, well, probably for the best money-wise.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:48 pm

Oh yeah, those early waves got weird, but at least villains who weren't alternate Batmen existed. Also, a random mini Batmobile BAF for only some figures? So many choices being made here.

I don't know, I feel like I'm being overly negative. But this is just not hitting for me at all.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:54 pm

I think the mentality behind the BaF was that as collectors he isn't going to force anyone to buy the whole wave. will that change later? maybe who knows but for now it is a great idea for those that don't want to buy the whole wave for something like that. How many of us have bought figures just to get the BAf part and didn't want the character? I know I have... As for character selection I think he is going in the right direction with a diverse assortment, a little of something from everything to appeal to a more broader audience perhaps? I have seen some interviews where he has stated that his own line of figures Spawn, Movie Maniacs, Twisted Land of Oz etc. will be a figure from each line instead of full waves so people don't have to buy everything. They can pick and choose and not have to be committed to full waves for the average collector in mind that way is it easier on the wallet.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel