Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The DCTR Birthday Shout Outs Thread!

Post special events like conventions, online events, get togethers, etc.

Re: The DCTR Birthday Shout Outs Thread!

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:50 am

packerbacker180 wrote:Carly Rae Jepsen? Jimmy Eat World? Wait, what year is it?

Hah! I really do need to see some more recent artists in concert, but a lot of the newer bands I like are sort of region-locked, because they're not that well-known and the concert market is cratering now because touring is such an expensive prospect and everything's oversaturated now that everyone can tour again. Like, I would love to see Graveyard Club, but I have to go to Minnesota for that. The Inflorescence is in Cali, Tribe Friday is in Sweden. Even Los Campesinos! barely even tours the U.S. anymore because it's so expensive. Most of the synthwave artists I like are in the UK, the shoegaze bands I like I are Japan, the midwest emo revival bands sometimes make it to the Northeast but it's usually NYC and Philly, which is hit or miss depending on whether or not they're playing on a weekend.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:37 pm

Happy birthday, SWL! Glad you had a great time!!!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:35 am

Happy B-Day Acid, I hope its a good one :batwink:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:38 pm

Thanks, man! I really appreciate it.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:14 am

No prob Acid ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:56 pm

Happy Birthday to my posting buddy, Brandon!

Apparently people born in January post a lot in forums! :smwink: :batlol:

This place would be tumbleweeds without you!

The big question is....

WHATCHA GONNA DO????

Here's hoping it.......................................rocks, brotha!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:19 pm

Happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday to you, Brandon. :hbdsm: :hbdbat: :hbdww:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:33 pm

Wow, I didn't expect that PB, that is wonderful that you did that for Me :) Yeah, us people born in January (& Capricorns) are quite different people :batwink: I try My best PB, I try My best ;) That is so cool, Hulk Hogan, Star Wars, Darth Vader & Han Solo + the original JLA & more, can't get much better than that :batsmile: :wwwink: :smwink: I especially love the Hulk Hogan stuff, he's really one of the only wrestlers that I would love to meet and now I kinda felt like I did...thanks a lot PB :)

Thanks very much Acid, I appreciate that too :)

Thanks again to both of you guys :)

I'll be posting a bit about My B-Day & stuff in My Recent Acquirements topic sometime in the morning so be on the look out for it then :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:44 pm

You're welcome! Hope you had a good day. I'd love to meet the Hulkster before it's too late. I don't care about the stuff from recent years, he was such a large part of my childhood, I'd love to shake his hand. The closest I ever got was when we were in Clearwater and took a fishing boat out to sea and the driver went about 100 yards away from his mansion, lol. That was during the Hogan Knows Best days, too. His surf shop was pretty neat, but he wasn't there that day.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:06 am

I did, look in My Recent Acquirements topic for More ;) That is cool about what you just said about Hogan and all that PB, thanks again :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Special Events