Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Time Travel or a Trip to Canada? (Bonus Drive-In Trip)

Post special events like conventions, online events, get togethers, etc.

Re: Time Travel or a Trip to Canada? (Bonus Drive-In Trip)

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:15 pm

Well that's some cool memories you have there too PB ;) Oh yes, it is a darn shame. The only Drive-In that We really have in Our area is the inspired one at the Marcus Theater that's inside the building that actually has a screen, I've watched many Cardinals Games as well as other sports & stuff on there eating My food and/or waiting for the next movie to start. It's really a Diner to eat at but it's the closest thing to a Drive-In We have despite it's inside the building. It's been there for a long time in the Ronnies Plaza Building ever since I've known it long ago that I showcased in My all crucial Odds & Ends a long while back.

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Here is the pics that I made long ago. This is My favorite location to go to. It's in South County at Ronnie's Plaza. Its one of the largest in Missouri. It is still known as Ronnies 20 Cine st least! Here I put together their logo, the way it was inside with the classic inspiration of a drive-inn restaurant with such excellent food and their wonderful arcade room that I absolutely loved going in :batsmile:

Why I posted this on the Matty Board back in 2011 is because I saw the Ghosbusters come back on the big screen
via a digital projection plus the prequel to John Carpenter's The Thing :shock: It was such a tremendous experience like I never had before nor since :!: This was on October 27th, 2011...right before Halloween...it was awesome :batwink:

Those pictures above is old, I originally posted that on the Matty Board over a decade ago and since Marcus took over Wehrenberg, good luck finding that elsewhere, it's a good thing I saved it :shock: I've always thought that it was really neat that they kept that little history bit of their former Drive-In way out there and again, this is the other one that My Dad worked at and also where many of those concerts were held in some of those K-SHE 95 videos I posted. All that remains of it is that little area at the Marcus theater that used to be a Wehrenberg.

Oh yes, a Drive-In is a great way to go to the show especially to one like yours, it's looks like super fun and I would think during good good weather conditions it would be more preferable than a regular theater. I hope more people other than us continue to revisit this topic for events because this is a very good & important one :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to Special Events