Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

STREET SHARKS are back and its insane HOW!:(

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

STREET SHARKS are back and its insane HOW!:(

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:13 am

OK, usually I don't report/post news of any kind unless its really means something to Me and if its big in wrestling (I still do it the easy way however now and then because back in the early days of the internet and the Attitude Era - 2001, I used to be a really good and legit wrestling news web reporter for numerous wrestling sites. Those days a long gone and I don't want the job again LOL). Anyway, I am a huge Street Sharks fan, I thought I wasn't faithful to the cartoons like I should have though, I have all of the original vintage figures/characters except Evil Draxx, he's aluded Me for a very long time, I had My chance years ago and I freakin' blew it and I have regreted it ever since! I hope can still get him in the near future! Anyway, I loved the the figures, they were arguably My faves, even more so than TMNT :o I loved how their rubber skin felt, looked and all of that :!: In the near future I will show My entire Street Sharks collection in My great Vintage Action figure topic in time. OK, now back to the news, I was scrolling on YT and checking out Pixel-Dan (I have followed him ever since the beginning of MOTUC and once in a blue moon he has a wrestling appearance) and I saw he had a vid titled "Street Sharks are Back" and I was like really...after all of this time :?: OK, watch the video below (he is really good) then I will continue with this report.

So here is the link to MATTEL CREATIONS!

So again, Mattel is still doing their poor ways of oh we have a budget crap. I'm so sick and tired of this billion dollar + company with these gauges like they did on Matty Collector or "specially" created figures. Now their doing this crowd funded stuff. IMO its the same difference and it's a total joke. I mean I get that everybody may not want this but they didn't have to do this before the Matty Collector days did they :?: :idea: They just made whatever and if their product didn't sell like they saw fit then they just cancelled it, it was as simple as that. The price of $75 EACH is extremely high IMO. I mean back in the day when the originals was available on the shelves they were only like $7.99 a pop if even that! I mean other companies such as Super7 is following suit too which isn't settling with Me either (more on that in the near future). I mean people don't stop and think and look back on the past and see how it was and then give it a second thought :wwsmh:

Now with this rant coming to a close, I maybe tempted to get all 3 figures for $75 for the set of 3 but that is asking for way too much unfortunately! I know what Dan said that your paying for the packaging and all of that which is the same old story we got for years and years and it's true too but really? I think they ended the Street Sharks comeback before they even had a chance to come back!

If Mattel can actually pull this off, I hope the people who can actually afford these are happy because now these newly created yet inspirations from old concepts is worthy of being like gold now IMO :o
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: STREET SHARKS are back and its insane HOW!:(

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:34 pm

I remember these guys. I was older when they came out, so I can't say I ever owned them, but they're unique enough to where I definitely recall seeing them.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:29 am

Oh they were great. I loved their rubber skin and glow in the dark teeth. I loved the designs of the characters too. It was a cool time when that were around on the shelves :) Like I said, I loved them as much if not more than the TMNT :o Pathetically, like a lot of things, people don't like'em when they were around but they do now decades later and shame Mattel is doing their money hungry tactics taking advantage of the situation :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:21 am

WOW, just saw this unbelievable collection! I was in awe and I watched it several times. There isn't that much love for this line as I would like on YT or on the web in general for that matter. :roll: I love them as much as the TMNT. There is really only a handful of collections on YB compared to others that always get the spotlight. Its about time somebody else posts their love for the great classic series. They have so much and a lot that I never knew existed and I thought I have a lot of Street Sharks in My collection to be seen in the future :shock: He even has 2 EVIL DRAXX FIGURES :o :shock: :!: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: I'm sure it took so much to get this collection so superior :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to General Toy Discussions