Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My 1/6 - 12" Figure Collection - RESIDENT EVIL!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My 1/6 - 12" Figure Collection - K9 Corps entry!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:02 pm

SPECIAL GALLERY

Each character came with a special bio card and even a special Video CD!

Bonus character I got to go with them a few years later! The Ultra Corps. S.U.B.

Group Shot!

Size Comparison: Yes, that's Resident Evil's Albert Esker by Hot Toys... SPOILER :shock: :o

SUPER BONUS! In the early 2010s when I was in My heyday of making awesome 1/6 scale custom Kit-Bash Figures, I gave them all names, wrote stories for them and made them in the same universe as My other 12" figures. So, when I was finishing up My great Dylan Russel Band (mobsters & assassins -- I plan on show you all of My custom figures in their own topic in time!), one of the final members I made was character that I always had an idea about and wanted to make so I thought that this would be the perfect spot for him!

Taylor Miles: The Scar of Justice! Without telling the whole story, in short he encounters Greyslash of the K-9 Corps! LOOK at his scar that he got from him :shock:

Well, there you have it, I hope you have liked My entry K-9 Corps in My 12" figure topic. I might return with another special additions to this series in the future. There is much more to be seen of other 12" figures as well so more coming soon, till next time, I'll you you around :batgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:11 pm

No Rick Steiner, lol? Those are somethings. Never seen them before.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:45 am

Nope, Rick Steiner was off the big wrestling scene in 2005 :lol: Oh they are great. Well like I said, I posted them earlier within their own topic not that long ago but neded to be part of this one. They are extremely rare figures now but you won't ever see the last figure of the entries because he is a kit-bash made by Me so he is an OOAK :o Thanks PB :)

More to come soon :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My 1/6 - 12" Figure Collection - Universal Monsters!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:20 am

Holy cow, here is one of the biggest and most grand collections that I have been waiting to showcase. My 12"-1/6 scale Universal Monsters :o So I was in the midst of seeing the signs of finding & getting all kinds of new action figures with the now revolutionary tech & sculpting done by multiple companies and as well as discovering news ones in 2001, Sideshow Toys/Collectibles was instantly My favorite one as they were like no other, even more so than that of McFarlane Toys who was My previous fave of all toy companies :o I loved Sideshow because they were so unique, took on many different properties that had never been done before and remaking some franchises and making them way better that previous companies did. Unfortunately I cannot say that about them now as they along with McFarlane and many other great companies have supposedly lost their creative edge and joined each other making lines & variants that has been made dozens of times thus making their-selves pathetically generic. I struggle with this a lot because back in the day in the 2000s figures were cheap and seemed special but now with adults collecting figures more than kids and ridiculously insane prices on items via crowdfunding that has already made in the past...it just pains Me about this as people keep on submitting to this and not thinking about the classic past that they could get the same characters and whatnot that are vintage MIB that is around the same price or even cheaper and arguably even better IMO :roll:

So with My small venting rant coming to close, I am about to showcase one of My most cherished action figure series' that I have in My collection and that is the Sideshow Toys Universal Monsters! I saw these great looking 12" guys along with the 8" figures which really green-lighted My liking to 1/6 scale figures (see the great 8 inchers in all their glory in My Modern figure topic!) on the web via web stores and catalogs as I saw the signs there :o Of course I was like wait, Hasbro (over 2 decades before they fake awoken) already made Universal Monsters but they didn't make many of them. They were easily to get on eBay but I felt Sideshow's was far superior and many ways. See, I didn't feel this way then because It had already been nearly 20 years since I missed out on REMCO's versions but thankfully I got Imperial's Universal Monsters which this was only two companies that was making them and they made them only sparsely and in selections where Sideshow went THE EXTRA MILE MAKING NEARLY EVERY CHARACTER :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: That there in itself was such a huge important matter for Me as I am a completist in many ways and having all the characters even obscure ones. See, some people don't want them secondary characters while I always have.

The series was such a deluxe one to behold with Sideshow's uncanny sculpting and their good painting. So here they are, thank goodness I took care of them. I have all the characters but I do not have every variant of Frankenstein and I regret that severely :roll: Why :?: Beacuse A great 12" figure store called Aboyd's had them for so cheap for less than $30 each and I didn't pull the trigger for many years then he sadly went out of business and I have that in the back of My head oh so often :roll: Not all accessories are shown and these figures are not in any particular order but one that I saw fit so get ready for the classic horror show like no other :shock:

Count Dracula - (1941 - Bela Lugosi)

Frankenstein's Monster - 1931- Boris Karloff

The Bride of Frankenstein aka The Monster's Mate - (1935 - Elsa Lanchester)

"The Mummy" Imhotep - Ardath Bey - 1933 - Boris Karloff

The Phantom of the Opera - 1929 - Lon Chaney

Larry Talbot - 1941 - Lon Chaney Jr.: He was My very first Universal Monster and started it all for Me :o

The Wolfman - 1941 - Lon Chaney Jr.

The Creature from the Black Lagoon-Walks Among Us/Gill-Man - 1954 - Ben Chapman on land and by Ricou Browning underwater: I was able to pre-ordered the exclusive version with the fossilized hand and this was a big deal then!

Dr. Jack Griffins The Invisible Man - 1933 - Claude Rains

The Werewolf of London - 1935 - Henry Hull

Quasimodo the Hunchback of Note Dame - 1923 - Lon Chaney

Bela - 1941 (The Wolfman) - Bela Lugosi

Renfield - 1931 (Dracula) - Dwight Frye

Fritz - 1931 (Frankenstein) - Dwight Frye

Mr. Hyde - 1932 - Fredric March

The Mole Man - The Mole People 1956 - Various

The Metaluna Mutant - This Island Earth 1955 - Eddie Parker: Oh wow, I had mentioned earlier how regretted not getting some figures, well I made sure I got him before it was too late and I also made sure I got the exclusive version of him with the UFO! I got him from MyMovieMonsters.com which they are a great classic monster store and one of the last that celebrates with tradition of vintage & classical monsters!

BONUS ENTRIES!

Count Orlok/Nosferatu the Vampyre - Nosferatu 1922 - Max Schreck

The London After Midnight Vampire - 1927 - Lon Chaney: Before I got Talbot, he was the one that made Me love and want these monsters to begin with, I saw him and read his review over @ MWC any times way back in 2001...over 20 years ago this year!

Murder Legendre - White Zombie 1932 - Bela Lugosi: I got him along with Larry Talbot from Blue Box Toys which no longer exists. Gosh that was a great time!

Ash - Army of Darkness aka Evil Dead 3 1992 - Bruce Campbell

Evil Ash - Army of Darkness aka Evil Dead 3 1992 - Bruce Campbell

Van Helsing - 2004 - Hugh Jackman[/b]: I pre-ordered the exclusive version with his double blades!

Anna Valerious - [i]2004 - Kate Beckinsale
: Like Van Helsing, and pre-ordered teh exclusive version and got her cool pistol!

SPECIAL GALLERY!

The Sideshow Stand: Originally this series didn't come with actual display stands, just little stone foot stands as the 1/6 hobby wasn't coming into full force til a while later. They would made actual stand with the Sideshow logo on then they would have an actual logo/name for the figure it came with/for which was really cool plus extremely convenient!

The Box/Packaging: I always loved Sideshow's packaging. Back in the 2000s, it didn't seem like your were actually paying for the packaging and you felt like you were getting something really good unlike today as in this twisted androgynous day & age, you get figures that are ridiculously priced and much of that pricing is due to the packaging which IMO is nonsense and uncalled for :x Look at all that classic monster goodness. I loved 5th panel/open widow view of it, in fact that is one of the raddest aspects of 1/6 packaging!

So there you have it! I had saved this for Halloween for a long time, planning this in advance. I hope you have enjoyed this Halloween special :) I have 1 more Sideshow toys special coming up very soon. Until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My 1/6 - 12" Figure Collection - Friday the 13th!!!!!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:56 am

In this update will be two of Sideshow's modern horror icons series and that is Friday the 13th :affraid: I had showed these long ago but as usual they got lost in the shuffle :roll: So, back in the day, these guys only cost Me about $30 to $40 in around 2005, a great year of Sideshow figures, I collected many, many of them. They had the license to make Friday the 13th figures so I was stoked! They made many versions of Jason Voorhees but only made one of his mother, Pamela. So along with her, I had to choose wisely cuz I only wanted 1 version of Jason. Then I saw Jason from Part 7 as he the had miniature tree trimmer which was limited to only 750!!!!!!!!! I had to get that one. These two figures are two of Sideshow's finest, they don't make'em like this any more and I wish they still did! Since Sideshow decided to join the party of other companies, being generic, making stuff that's already been made dozens of times by other companies, charging insane prices for their current products and dropping their charisma of what made them who they were (and My favorite company in the 2000s), I don't feel the same about them at all anymore and here back in the 2000s it was such a different story, so pathetic :roll: I mean their their remaking Jason (not this version I have here but their first release from Part III - it was hard to get even back in the day but it wasn't ridiculously priced however) and NOW they're charging $200 and the exclusive is SOLD OUT :shock: I know ALL ABOUT Sideshow's exclusives, I brought from them since their hey day and I was there for their first exclusives and even when they started their inclusives in later 2000s! I know how it was - oh I gotta get that exclusive accessory before they sell out and all that stuff - been there more times than I can count but this is when they were really affordable and the exclusives were only a few bucks more but now their in the hundreds and people are still buying this? I mean come on, where are they getting this money from? This is why I have stopped collecting like I did in the mid 2010s, things were getting bad then when it was getting this way and now it's so deplorable to say the least :x

Not all accessories are shown but they are as sweet as ever so here they are :!:

Pamela Voorhees - Friday the 13th: Part I - 1980 - Betsy Palmer:This old babe really is captured with that psychotic menace of a snarly grin :o

Jason Voorhees - Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood - 1988 - Kane Hodder: I love this Jason as he is My fave. So this version that they made is such a must have. I love his rubber skin suit, such realism :!: I was hoping Sideshow was gonna make a Big Ben from one of My all-time fave horror films House 1986 because he was very similar like this version of Jason but oh well :roll:

I pre-ordered him and got the exclusive tree trimmer!

Look at his face under that mask :o

SPECIAL GALLERY!

The Display Stands!

Mother & Son!

That's all for the Halloween update. Don't forget to go back and check out all of My 12" Sideshow Universal Monsters too. Next up maybe a surprise so we'll see, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:45 am

I just found this Sideshow stand and thought I'd show it. It belongs to the Wildman hence the peg.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:41 pm

I rewatched the first movie in October. Gotta love that Pamela Voorhees. Your figure is spot on. I also watched House. Man is that flick underrated.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:42 pm

AcidDragon wrote:I rewatched the first movie in October. Gotta love that Pamela Voorhees. Your figure is spot on. I also watched House. Man is that flick underrated.

OK Acid. Cool. Thanks a lot :) Yep, House is and so is the second one and in fact I have mentioned both House films before on the board. As I said earlier which is why I'm sure you said that is because I had mentioned My Jason is very similar like Big Ben and it was such a shame they never made a figure of him, I picked up My Jason numerous times hoping they would cause I thought the rubber suit concept was there & made so it wouldn't have been too difficult for them to do. Thank Acid :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:52 am

Just had a chance to look over your Sideshow Collectibles classic horror figures. Man, you've got a ton. I have a pretty decent collection myself but you have many of the ones that I don't have like Larry Talbot, the Hunchback, Invisible Man, Fritz, Renfield, Bela, Creature Walks Among Us, Imhotep, the Bride of Frankenstein, Mr. Hyde, etc. Love seeing all those. I have a couple of oddball ones like the Frankenstein Monsters played by Lon Chaney, Jr. and one by Bela Lugosi. Very nice collection overall. Must have cost you a pretty penny to amass that as I remember they were not cheap!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:18 pm

Thanks for looking back on it Acid, your one of the only people that did that in My topics :) If only others did that too :roll: Cool you have a good collection too. Oh you got the 2 Frankensteins that I talked about that I so regret not getting back in the day when I had the chance...the other was Glenn Strange :roll: They were kinda expensive but not by today's insane standards IMO :o Thanks a lot Acid :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions