Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Star Wars: My Miscellaneous Collection - UPDATE!!!

The toy line from a galaxy far far away! The section for fans of the movies, comics, vintage and modern toylines (Kenner, Hasbro Star Wars Black, etc), the Clone Saga, the WOTC miniatures game and more!

Re: Star Wars: My Miscellaneous Collection - NEWS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:50 am

Ah hah, this is what I wanted to do last time but I couldn't find what I was looking for then but only a few short days ago I located My great Ewoks ROTJ book by Random House as well as a couple bonuses which is Star Wars ROTJ Stickers that I never opened :shock: Now ever since I started this topic, I kept on thinkin' about Ewoks book but I totally didn't think I'd find them stickers, it was so good that I found them :)

So here is the Ewoks Join the Fight] that My Mom got it for Me at Venture! Like My other great vintage books that I have showcased here, they are all made by Random House (they are one of My fave publishers and they would continue to make great SW books even in the Prequel Era which I will present in time) and this is such a classic one with drawings that reenacts the scenes in Return of the Jedi and I've always had a soft spot for it. IMO you will not find anything this cute and meaningful in the current state of the Disney SW :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:51 am

Here is a sample of the book. If you have seen the original ROTJ, then all of these illustrations and art work will amaze you as to how accurate it is :)

This concludes the book. Look at the retail price @ only $1.95. Now look at Venture's price, it was slightly cheaper but hey, the lower the better even if it's a few cents. I had showcased them in My Vintage Action Figure Topic a while back, Venture was one My faves back in the 80s & 90s and I miss them dearly :roll:

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:52 am

Now here is the great SW-Ewoks Stickers by Drawing Board Greeting Cards! I couldn't believe that I had found them, I haven't laid eyes on them seems like decades ago :shock: I believe My Grandma got them for Me at National (they were a huge Missouri grocery store that I loved, I had a ton of fun there, they were taken-over by Schnucks)). They are really brand new, the wrapper is a bit torn but they still look great. They have that cool SW feel about that gives you the feeling of this is when SW was SW...IMO you don't feel like that with anything of Disney SW (I admit it, EA's BF1 &amp; Rogue One was the only two that I truly loved). The Ewoks is first, the cartoon must have had an inspiration of these designs, take a gander at the pics :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:54 am

Here is the actual ROTJ one with the vehicles!

Here is a look at the additional ones in the series, the company's information and the wonderful price stickers :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:56 am

We're All Together Now: In conclusion, here is all My vintage Random House books already seen of E.T., ROTJ &amp; IJATTOD along with the Ewoks Book and the SW Stickers by DBGC! I love it when fantastic vintage goodness comes simultaneously at the same instant :!:

Well, that's it for now. I hope you liked this one and were surprised a bit. Make sure you see this from the beginning since I have to split them up now, you don't wanna miss anything...in fact just make that a habit when I post My showcases for now on ;) I may have a couple more original SW updates before we get to the Prequels, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:04 pm

Holy cow, man, I remember those Ewok stickers!!! That's so cool. Those made me think of the old rub down transfer packets you could buy at places like CVS. You remember those things? You'd color over a figure with a pencil and it would transfer down in to the scene below. Oh, I loved those things.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Star Wars: My Miscellaneous Collection - I HAVE THIS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:42 pm

Thanks PB, I wasn't sure if you'd like it or know it or not. I kinda remember those Batman one that you showed and them Star Wars looks very familiar too. I REALLY remember PRESTO MAGIX!. It was very similar like the ones you presented. In fact, before I get to the point, last year I posted 1 with My lonely Centurion in My Vintage Topic last Summer that got no response. Before I get the point, here it is :)

The Centurions PRESTO MAGIX! I found this recently and I was really surprised and happy when I did. I had forgotten how I loved Presto Magix. My Grandma got Me a lot of them. Presto Magix was a cool dry-transfer picture sheets and were published/made by the American Publishing Company of Watertown, Massachusetts. They made tons of great stuff back in the day...when the days were fun and creative. Here it is in all of it's glory as Dr. Terror the Evil Genius will show you!

OK, now, do you remember Presto Magix :?: I loved them. Now, I have at least 3 Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back ones just liked the Centurions :o I was gonna wait to post them when I post My SW Kenner in My Vintage but if YOU WANT, I could do it early and MAKE THAT My next UPDATE in THIS topic... :D Let Me know soon before I get started with preparing the next update if you want Me to do that PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:35 pm

Ha, I shouldn't be surprised you actually have some. Yeah, they were different names by different companies, but the idea was the same of dry transfer. There was nothing worse than when you didn't cover the image properly and a limb or something didn't transfer over. Trying to get it to line up right a second time was always a pain. Such simple fun!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:09 pm

OK, I'll take that as a YES, so that will be My next little showcase here ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Star Wars: My Miscellaneous Collection - PRESTO MAGIX ES

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:01 am

OK PB, here they are :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: ;)

So here we go with My next showcase in My Star Wars topic and it's a special one because it's...

and the subject of this is...

Yep, that's right, it's Presto Magix :!: They are the American Publishing Corporation/APC. I had featured My Centurions edition in My Vintage Action Figure Topic last summer so if you have seen that and remember how it was then you'll know what to expect here. So I knew had a few of them but I actually have four of'em but I do not have the entire collection. I got these when Me & My Grandma went to Judy's Superstore, I featured her just in My recent Voltron showcase in My Vintage Action Figure Topic, it's a very emotional read in detail of one of the best times of My childhood and really My entire life :!: She was the best and would have such rare things including stuff that was long out production and even discontinued from the big department stores. So I saw these great Presto Magix Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back kits there and I had to get what she had so I got'em :shock: These were originally made in 1980. I wasn't brought onto this planet till a year later and when ROTJ came about that's when I began to notice SW as I have mentioned in My Video Game topic which is also a very crucial read. I was still very young when I got these from My Grandma, probably only 5 or so and I still find it amazing that Judy had them because there was no stores in our area that did as they were long gone :shock: Something like this was kinda new for Me but gosh were they fun to make :D Here is the ones that I got :!:

FRONT & BACK: So the ones I got was the Rebel Base, Asteroid Storm, Beneath Cloud City and Deck of the Star Destroyer!

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars