Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Funny, but tasteful pictures

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Funny, but tasteful pictures

Postby Doctor Fate » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:13 am

Biggest Swimming Pool in the World

You Tube

San Alfonso del Mar is a private resort in Algarrobo, Chile, about 100 km (62 mi) west of the capital Santiago.[1] The resort is recognised as having the world's largest swimming pool.

The pool is 1,013 m (3,323 ft) long,covering 8 ha (20 acres), containing some 250 million litres (66 million US gallons) of seawater, with a maximum depth of 11.5 ft (3.5 m). The water is pumped from the Pacific Ocean, filtered, and treated.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:19 am

Wow....outstanding places..but it seems a tad redundant doesn't it? At least it's shark free!

Are you planning for a trip in your future?
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:20 am

Bad joke time
image.jpg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:24 am

San Alfonso del Mar is a private resort in Algarrobo, Chile, about 100 km (62 mi) west of the capital Santiago.[1] The resort is recognised as having the world's largest swimming pool.

The pool is 1,013 m (3,323 ft) long,covering 8 ha (20 acres), containing some 250 million litres (66 million US gallons) of seawater, with a maximum depth of 11.5 ft (3.5 m). The water is pumped from the Pacific Ocean, filtered, and treated

I guess the only other thing I have to say is: "if you built it, Chile; did they come?"
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:34 am

Idiot Savant wrote:Wow....outstanding places..but it seems a tad redundant doesn't it? At least it's shark free!

Are you planning for a trip in your future?

I'm thinking about it and I do have a friend that lives there and I've met him 3 years ago in Los Angeles on Vacation for two days together and thinking about going there for a week. He lives 150 miles from that resort and he goes there on annual basis. I'm thinking about bringing my girlfriend there and proceed from there. I'm thinking more like 2017 in early March because his birthday is March 2nd. It's around 78 to 84 degrees that timeframe.

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:36 am

Idiot Savant wrote:San Alfonso del Mar is a private resort in Algarrobo, Chile, about 100 km (62 mi) west of the capital Santiago.[1] The resort is recognised as having the world's largest swimming pool.

The pool is 1,013 m (3,323 ft) long,covering 8 ha (20 acres), containing some 250 million litres (66 million US gallons) of seawater, with a maximum depth of 11.5 ft (3.5 m). The water is pumped from the Pacific Ocean, filtered, and treated

I guess the only other thing I have to say is: "if you built it, Chile; did they come?"

According to my friend, it's quite popular and December to March it's heavily used ... and attracts international attention of being the largest pool in the world. Nice place and I'm thinking about going there in March 2017.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:25 am

That'll be one heck of a trip!! Color me jealous
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:28 am

They have to take what they can get...
image.jpg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:29 am

Sorry but I have a policy to not trust people who can't eat meat...
image.jpg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:31 am

It's sad but true
image.jpg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions