Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:15 am

Yep, they sure did. Here's another one that continues after the the one you just saw story-wise.

More to come soon!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:58 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:13 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:26 am

Oh that TRU commercial was awesome. Oh I remember how it was searching for this NES game and that NES and it was thrilling when I'd see it at the store :o Gosh, that Tarzan was before My time so never I saw nor knew about this. I didn't get into Tarzan till later, about the time of the Trendmaster's figurers.

Here is the last Trendmasters Tarzan commercial I believe, gotta see if there's anymore cause these are superb. Now check this out, Tarzan became the Conquers of Mars :o Yes, he & John Carter of Mars encountered each other and Tarzan beat him. Trendmasters made John Carter too, he's part of the special pack I have. They were so creative here, too bad this never got more treatment then what it did :roll: Oh the music is SO EXTRAORDINARY, LISTEN TOO IT CLOSE :!:

The movie John Carter was an unfortunate bomb and the new Tarzan film several years back didn't do huge numbers either, shame people wasn't into it, they could have crossed them over made a similar one like the toyline :x

More to come :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:03 pm

I have to admit, personally, they're just not properties I was ever really interested in.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:59 am

Yeah shame. Thanks to people that's why things are the way they are with such promising stuff fails and then becomes cult classics decades later, why not like it in the original time...I mean one excuse the plebeians had about the awesome John Carter film in 2012 is that the trailers were too confusing...CONFUSING :? Ever since they came out I've been like why people why. What the heck was so confusing about the trailers. Its about a western Calvary officer getting into a portal to Mars, becoming the hero which is "John Carter of Mars" that's filled with monsters, aliens & war. Because of the people's ways the movie became one of the biggest bombs ever :x I saw it on the IMAX screen during its very short time at the show and I was astounded by the whole film, I have no clue what their problem was :roll:

Also like I said, if E.R. Burroughs didn't create Tarzan & John Carter among other stories, today's sci-fi would look very different, there wouldn't be no Star Wars, no Star Trek cause he was the granddaddy of all of their inspiration but so few people think of this history :roll:

Ah man TurboGrafx-16. Like i said before, it was one system I really would have liked to own but never did. Hudson Soft made such cool games and this system was really, really cool! Thank the people that Nintendo & Sega were too much despite Hudson's console was the first 16-Bit video game system :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:20 am

I'd just stopped bothering with movies by 2012. Unless it's Star Wars, or something my kids really want to see, for the most part I just don't want to waste two hours on a movie.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:59 am

Dang, well I don't know what your prob was with films but if you read My special Ghostbusters & The Thing showcase in My Odds & Ends then you already know what My prob was/is :roll:

Here is a collection of Go-Bots commercials!

I'd appreciate it if you check out the rest of My showcase of the Rock Lords + I have a very special presentation of other bots including REMCO and I reveal what I'm doing next which your'll be quite surprised about all of this PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:28 am

I still remember the Gobots theme, lol. I actually had that Creepy figure, I distinctly remember him so I assume I got him free. Mail away toys were kind of a neat thing of the time. Could you imagine the outcry if you had to mail away to get Emperor Palpatine today? I had several back then. It was kind of annoying when the GI Joe 25th line had a mail away for a Doc figure. I got one. But there were also a couple times where the two packs were missing the sticker because someone bought it, took out the sticker, and returned the figure. Thieves, really.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:25 am

Hah, how about that. Yes, Creepy is such a great figure, I love his metal an dhow heavy he is! That's great but I was lucky enough getting 1 Emperor Palpatine. He wasn't a soldier builder and the idea of him cloning himself didn't happen til the EU in the 90s so. Yeah, all leads to how this society is compared to yesterday's :roll: That Joe commercial is great, now that's when G.i. Joe was superb. It was still that way till about 94 or so. Extreme Joes had major potentional but again thank the plebeians why it wasn't a success :x Cool PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions