Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:33 am

Ah, Chutes and Ladders. I played that a lot My Grandma MiMi, lots a great times there! I think I still have it down the basement somewere.

So continuing 2K, the last one I posted was 2K14 with the Ultimate Warrior pre-order with was great, Now it's WWE 2K15 with the pre-order of STING!

It had his brooding/99 Crow persona and also his surfer version from the good'ol days of 91. All of them were done really well, it even has his taunts when he yells! I thought it was something else that in 14 The Warrior was the special one, the the next year it's Sting. Like I said before in My Vintage Wrestling topic when I showed My figures of them together, they never did have a Blade Runners reunion but at least you can do with figures and also do it in the games. In fact their in all of them except Sting isn't in WWE 2K22. Sting would have his 2014/2015 appearance in the next installment which was WWE 2K16!

Since you posted WWE 2K13, I'm on a roll here, I'm gonna do the rest which are also very good too ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:02 am

See, now that Sting commercial I remember. I don't remember the Warrior one at the time but that was pretty good.

I actually came across this for the first time and that's what led to looking up the commercial above. It's pretty funny with some foul language at the end. It would've be nearly as good without Don Cheadle. Part Thanos part Homelander, what a frightening combination this would be.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:54 am

How about that. Well now you seen the Warrior there too!

I was OK with Captain Planet, I really never kept up with it though. I'd watch it a bit before WCW Saturday Night would come on @ 5:00 PM on TBS every weekend. Them were good days and I'miss'em. The figures looked good, came out in 91 and were made by Tiger years before Hasbro took them over in 98. I never got the figures but looks like they could have crossed over nicely with some Kenner figures among others. Nice PB ;)

OK, back to WWE 2K. Here is 2K16. The special bonus pre-order DLC character was The Terminator :o This was actually a huge one for Me because you know I'm a big Terminator fan, Arnold became a WWE Hall of Famer before and Terminator Genisys was coming out about the same time as in 2015. What a way to do it a great fantasy crossover :shock:

Here is his AWESOME reinactment of T2. Look at all of the cameos! I LOVE the millisecond scene with BALOR! Amazing how much bigger Dean Ambrose is compared to Arnold now/then. This one is of My most favorites ever, everything is done so well, it's nearly perfect!

Here is the Terminator gameplay trailer! Their actually 2 different characters like in the movie so its 2 different slots in the game and you can make them fight each other :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

SPECIAL BONUS! Since 2015 was the year of The Terminator, HHH fought Sting at WM 31 (coincidence Sting was the DLC pre-order for the year BEFORE!!) and HHH'S entrance was so grand, there's a special Terminator Tron and HHH comes out as a Terminator Killer :o :shock: This was so awesome. I would have loved it if they would expanded this gimmick/new character more in comics & games but they never did, it was just HHH's exclusive character entrance. This Terminator stuff that the WWE put together was one of the best things they ever did the entire decade IMO which is great and pitiful at the same time.

That's it, make sure you see all 3 vids in order! Next up will be WWE 2K17. Until then ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:59 am

Huh, how about that. I never saw that Terminator commercial for the game but that was really cool. I knew nothing about it. But now that HHH entrance at WM makes more sense. I always just assumed it was Hunter being extravagant. I never knew it was connected to anything else. Interesting.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:13 am

Anyone speak Japanese? What the hell is this for, lol?????

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:52 am

I'm very rusty on My Japanese :lol: but these was the Hitachi Mascots. They got the Ichibon Gaijin (Number 1 Outsider/Foreigner) "The Immortal Hulk Hogan in around 1991 to promote their Kūchō (Air Conditioner) made by BigFlow (revolutionary at the time). They showed Tiny Toons in Japan also, the USA weren't the only ones with animated classics that was American ;) Amazing Commercial PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:24 am

I just know of Mr. Sparkle....

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:00 am

Nope, didn't know Mr. Spakle.

Ah man, War Planets. AWESOME! It was by one of My favorites, Trendmasters! You just gave Me an idea, after I'm done with the 2K stuff I'll talk about them and post some vids!

Gosh PB, you didn't know the Terminator connection :?: It was an awesome time while it lasted! Well now you know ;)

Here is WWE 2K17 - This was a great one with a lot of added stuff. Look at all of the cameos! I loved this video, they played this on WWE TV a lot!

The DLC pre-order was GOLDBERG! This was terrific when I first saw it, its amazing the drama & mystery for a while there! When he is in the cop car look at the reflection on the window when he is in the back seat, is says SUPLEX CITY! It has to do with the first vid!

We all know what happen later 2016, amazing how they planned all of this in advanced. I mean Warrior & Sting, Goldberg & Lesnar is on the cover. One thing is Goldberg was just in 2K14 with no hype, 2 years later now look :o

That's all for now, 2K18 is next!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:19 am

I never really kept up with the WWE games. Maybe I saw the commercials and forgot, but they don't seem familiar to me. Nowadays it's easy to altogether skip commercials with the flip of a remote or a fast forward button.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:25 am

I know, it's convenient but sometimes commercials can be really good and funny especially if you want to see movie trailers and stuff, there has been many times when I FF them and then later I'm like darn it, I missed that one :roll:

So WWE 2K18 I DO NOT OWN! I was really low on money then and I could only chose 1 game so I got SWBFII instead and I'm glad I did cause its a great game and WWE 2K19 was WAY better than 2K18 which I'll get to later!

So here is the commercials for WWE 2K18, the first one is great!

The second continues off from the first because it's KURT ANGEL who is the DLC pre-order character!

WWE Superstars talk about him!

Here is one more.

WWE 2K19 is next, it's arguably the best of all!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions