Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wingnut's customs

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Wingnut's customs

Postby wingnut1969 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:20 am

Kid Flash

This is a mash up of Kid Flash and Cap Jr. I always wanted an older NTT KF so I made one.
wingnut1969
Partner
Partner

Postby wingnut1969 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:22 am

Poison Ivy

This isn't so much a custom as it is I just replaced the ridiculously huge crossbow she came with with a Huntress crossbow that I painted in Ivy's colors.
Last edited by wingnut1969 on Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wingnut1969
Partner
Partner

Postby wingnut1969 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:24 am

So that's it for now. There's more to come. I hope you like my efforts. They might not have all turned out exactly the way I had envisioned them to but the intent and effort was there.
wingnut1969
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:07 pm

Wow, man. You did tons of the characters that I wanted. Excellent choices here and an awesome job. I was surprised to see some 90s nod in there with Zauriel. Looks awesome.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:40 pm

Wow, that's quite a collection.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby wingnut1969 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:57 am

Dr. Cyber

She is a Star Sapphire with a GA/SA Catwoman cape and head from an Ice figure. I molded the bracelets and anklets as well as the mask to the best of my ability - which ain't much.

I like her. The more I worked on her the more she grew on me. The purple/gold looks really nice before adding the cape but then the color scheme against the dark green field really makes it pop in my opinion. I know I kinda cheated by just painting the costume parts purple and fleshy parts gold with no major retooling or modeling but, like I said, I think it pops.
wingnut1969
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:53 pm

That's snazzy, man! Nice sculpting work. :)
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wingnut1969 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:27 pm

Steve Trevor

This is A Rick Flag Suicide Squad figure with an Aquaman head and a DKR SOB jacket. I thought the jacket could be painted to look like a flight jacket and Flag's pants look like they could be a flight suit underneath. I had to cut the vest and belt off but saved the holster and attached it to his ankle.

I've concentrated a lot on Wonder Woman characters lately because I have always felt like she got the short end of the stick when it came to Mattel and the Holy Trinity. Look at all the characters done from Batman and Superman - multiples of the same characters in some instances - and then compare that to Wonder Woman. That journey may have come to an end now though as I can't think of anyone else to do - or at least that I could make.
wingnut1969
Partner
Partner

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:38 pm

Boy oh boy have you been a busy little bee...well done!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby wingnut1969 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:17 pm

Lashina

She is a Big Barda figure because what better figure to utilize to make a member of Female Furies than the captain of the guard of the Furies. The head is a Catwoman head and the ponytail is from a YJ Artemis. I was going to use one of the several Catwoman heads I have in my accessory/parts bag when I found this one that I had gone too far when removing the ears for another figure I'm still working on and accidentally cut off the hair on the back and right beside it was the Artemis ponytail - the head I am using, eventually, for yet another figure. Serendipity! So I drilled a hole in the back of her head inserted the ponytail and molded the bars across her face and for extra stability to the ponytail made a port around it. The lash she has came from a discarded Hawkman harness but I don't like it that much. It'll do in a pinch into I can get a whip for her.

The idea for her came from when I was researching Dr. Cyber. Someone had a Cyber out of a Barda but something in my head said Lashina. Plus Star Sapphire makes a MUCH better Dr. Cyber.
wingnut1969
Partner
Partner

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs