Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack pg. 85

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Packerbacker Customs Solid...solid as Tyroc! pg. 48

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:53 pm

Well, I'm done with my Tyroc. And I need to make another Element Lad but this time he's bringing a friend. Also working on another "big" character. Tyroc should be up tomorrow.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs Another Tyroc p. 49

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:20 pm

Well, I had to make another Tyroc for myself, so to change it up a little I went with his toned down look. No more gloves, instead, wristbands!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs Yet Another Tyroc pg. 49

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:40 pm

Now that is wicked...excellent job
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Webslinger » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:23 am

Looking good brotha!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:54 am

Wow, even better than the first one! But don't tell the guy you sold the first one to that. :smoops:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:18 am

Hmm, I had to use a different camera for the second version, so maybe that affects the appearance? The colors are all the same, and actually, I think the collar is a little off center in the second version. Plus, I kind of like the gloved hands a little better but by the time I decided that I'd already sculpted and painted the arms and didn't feel like changing them out. I'm pretty happy with both versions.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Nett3000 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:42 pm

I like the gloves better too. Excellent job nonetheless, PB!
Nett3000
Rookie
Rookie

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:39 am

Haha, I dunno, maybe? I kind of like the paintjob on the second one's head just a touch more than the first one. They both look great!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:47 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Packerbacker Customs Like a Rubber Ball... pg. 49

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:16 pm

This KMart near me have had about 15 WWE Elite Brodus Clay figures for at least 3 years now (he hasn't even been in the WWE in years). When I started my Legion project I looked at them and thought they might make a good base for Chuck Taine, Bouncing Boy. Of course, I wasn't going to pay $20 for them at K-Mart (really? Clearance, anyone?) so I was lucky enough to get him off ebay for only $5. The only problem was he was way too tall so I had to take almost an inch off his boots. Something I never tried before but I think it work well after some blending in. Now he's about standard DCUC size. Still a little taller than many of the DCUC Legion figures, but I think he fits in well.

Long Live the Legion!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs