Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

HectorHall Assasins and Golden Age goodness pg55

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: HectorHall # GO HAWKS!! pg44

Postby Truwe » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:11 am

packerbacker180 wrote:Hey, I rooted for the little Vikes for two years while they had Favre. Then, like Adrian Peterson, I had to switch.

Too soon?

Like HH I'd root for Seattle in just about any other matchup because they're fun to watch. But, not so much this week.

Lol, Peter"hug your"son jokes will never get old. Least he can name all his kids. I've since moved to Rochester, NY and the Bills fans are like Packer fans, only their team sucks every year and they're too dumb to notice.
Truwe
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:37 am

Hey now, I'm also a Bills fan since I was born and raised in Buffalo and we've sucked since 1999! (stupid Frank Wychek)
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:26 pm

While I'm not a sports fan that is a nice custom, great job!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby HectorHall » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:33 pm

Webslinger wrote:While I'm not a sports fan that is a nice custom, great job!!!

Thanks Webslinger, I was afraid the thread was getting hijacked by football fans :D
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Re: HectorHall The Ringmaster pg45

Postby HectorHall » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:07 am

Just when you think I have run out of Rogues for the Flash, I dig up this little piece of trash. He showed up in Central City pretending to be a new hero and undermining Barry at each turn. Then he starts a fling with Iris! She even moved in with him at one point! Dayum! Turns out he was just a tool of the Golden Glider..hypnotic gems yada yada. The plans are exposed and everyone goes back to the status quo.....WTH! :o Iris. Shacked. Up. With. Him. Hypnotic gems or no hypnotic gem, this guy is a grade a jerk. Barry gets the award for "most understanding superhero husband ever".

Oh yeah, the figure...
I used a White Lantern Hal. Dremeled a path around his head to sculpt the band into. I have seen a few customs attempt to sculpt over the head/hair in similar situations and knew I wanted it to look form fitting. The rings on his fingers were sculpted and the rings on his costume were painted....and then fixed....and then fixed again, until I could no longer hear Packerbacker's haunting voice "I just wish you had cleaned up your linework" :D (just kidding PB, you're an inspiration to me). The cape was from a DCUC Starman.

Let me know what you think :hhgrin:
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Webslinger » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:46 pm

Cool custom HH!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:47 pm

That's pure evil right there! Excellent job Hector
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby HectorHall » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:56 pm

Thanks Webs, thanks Savant. I don't think the implications even registered when I first read the story as a kid. They never came out and said anything other than Iris was "leaving" because she had "fallen" for a new man. We know what that means in modern parlance though. Golden Glider was a real nasty piece. Oh yeah, then she decided she wanted him for herself and tried to off Iris. ahhh Cary Bates, coulda wrote for the soaps.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby HectorHall » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:49 am

This was a gift for the owner of the shop where I get my comics. I've known Jim for a long time, he is always fun and engaging. One of the good guys out there, so I tried to turn him into a good guy...literally.
Used a wrestling figure because I liked the facial expression, the gloves and "J" are sculpted and the cape is duct tape over felt. His shop is Action City Comics in Federal Way, Washington (check him out when you're in town) so I have that written down his sleeves.

Let me know what you think. :hhgrin:
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Re: HectorHall The Ringmaster + Action City Jim pg45

Postby Webslinger » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:43 pm

That's cool!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs