Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

HectorHall Assasins and Golden Age goodness pg55

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: HectorHall Darkseid Rock of Ages

Postby HectorHall » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:21 pm

Doctor Fate wrote:Hector, that Darkseid Rock of Ages is one incredible figure and I'm impressed by your great collection of photos there and thanks for sharing it!

Loved all of them!

Thanks Doc!
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby HectorHall » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:23 pm

Idiot Savant wrote:|_| |_| (these are my best attempt at devil horns!)

Careful with the headbanging, it can lead to severe whiplash when you get carried away :hhlol:
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Re: HH Darkseid pg31 Silver Sorceress pg32

Postby HectorHall » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:07 pm

I went with an artistic interpretation of the Sorceress. I was worried that the full cowl over the head would not look right. Seeing all the iterations of these characters since their introduction, I felt safe putting a spin on her. I went with a copper over the top of brown for the gloves, boots, and head piece. The body was painted golden harvest with a drybrush of gold over that. Base figure is a Carol Ferris Violet Lantern.

Let me know what you think :hhgrin:

Working on Bluejay to complete the set.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby HectorHall » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:38 pm

Color Kid from the Legion of Substitute Heroes. He has the awesome power to change the color of other objects!! I used a YJ Aqualad as the base, sculpted the hair and used bits of Iron's tunic for the shoulder pieces

Let me know what you think :hhgrin:
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Tango X » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:54 pm

HectorHall wrote:Ok, I'm busted. I did not use any reference materials, I went from memory. Glad you like him, thanks for the comments Tango. Come back tomorrow, I will have more. :hhgrin:

Haha, good thing you did! The old version was flat black. Wasn't bad but yours looks amazing with the red highlights. I would have gladly bought it if they did something like this. It's similar to the red lava Doomsday which I thought was a neat idea too! :blhal:
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Tango X » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:55 pm

Those are great! Man I love those Legion of Substitute Heroes!! What an underrated team.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:28 pm

Awesome customs as always, HectorHall! I don't think I've heard of the Legion of Substitute Heroes until now, but still, very nice work on them. Also Color Kid's power is surely amusing and interesting. Are the rest of the Legion in that one photo older works or also new? They're also pretty sweet looking and well done. I'd love to see more!
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:40 pm

1. This may never get used again, but... :bdvbang: Devil horns!!! 2. Those are awesome new customs, man. I see you've been busy! Great timing, too. I just finished reading LOSH GDS for the fifth time where the Subs really got a chance to shine. :smgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HectorHall » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:06 pm

AcidDragon wrote:1. This may never get used again, but... :bdvbang: Devil horns!!! 2. Those are awesome new customs, man. I see you've been busy! Great timing, too. I just finished reading LOSH GDS for the fifth time where the Subs really got a chance to shine. :smgrin:

Yeah, the subs vs a planet of evil Daxamites.....if it was written by Bendis, they would all be dead
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:13 pm

Lol the first time I read it, I said a silent prayer for them. It's way to easy for writers to make everyone die heroically. Why can't the heroes ever win... and then party afterward? It was actually refreshing to see that they survived. :smlol:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs