Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack pg. 85

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Packerbacker Customs one small Champion of Angor p.24

Postby Avalon » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:33 pm

Nice little custom, packerbacker. Do you have all your customs up on display on the shelves?
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:39 pm

I have them blended in with my DCUC. There's a larger book case on the wall that has a JSA, JLA, General Villains, and Batman/Teen Titans/Bat-villains shelves. Then I have a slim bookcase that so far has a Ew52 JL, New Gods, Green Lanterns, Lantern villains, and Suicide Squad/Metal Men/Doom Patrol/Magic & random character shelves.

And I still have totes full of MLs and GI Joe 25th figs I have to squeeze somewhere, lol.

I promise I will take picks soon. My New Years resolution was to finish up some customs I started last year, and to finish re-doing my Shining Knight. Once he's done, since he's supposed t be front row of the JSA/All-Star Squadron shelf I will try my hardest to get some pics up.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:47 pm

Packer, you collect Joe 25th? So do I! Maybe I should revive the Joe section. :batlol: A pb180 collection thread would be just epic on so many levels.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:53 pm

Yeah, I got a ton of 25th Joes minus the SDCC figures (didn't know about Hasbrotoyshop carrying them back then) And thanks to Target marking down those Cobra box sets dirt cheap actually troop built them up somewhat. I'd gladly buy more Joes if they went back to the classic 80's looks vs the movie crap.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:32 pm

Good work PB!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:37 pm

Sweet. Yeah sorry to hijack your thread. I got a little excited. lol. I missed out on those Cobra Island sets. They sure shot up in price. I got Mindbender loose but he was still expensive and I still need the Joe set of that. I have most of the ones I cared about (classic and TV look figures). Only need one of each except I ended up with two different Snakeeyes somehow. I'm waiting for BBTS to price the Slaughter's Marauders and Dreadnoks 50th Anniversary figures down.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:42 pm

I've been keeping an eye on those sets as well. I bought the Cobra Island sets from bbts when they came out. A year or two later I actually saw them at Ollies for $15 each. I bought an extra Cobra set but wish I would've bought a couple more. Think I posted once in the GI Joe section but didn't get much in the way of replies.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:50 pm

Well you know what? I'm going to bring the Joe back and we'll see how it goes, I guess. lol. :batlol:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:15 pm

And then we'll know...
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:32 pm

And knowing is half the battle! I actually have one of those 3D GI Joe logos that came with the bundle packs where you press the star and it plays "GI Jooooooooe!!!!" or a short version of the theme song alternating at my desk and played it when I typed that. Dork.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs