Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Customs Discussions, Works in Progress, etc.

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Customs Discussions, Works in Progress, etc.

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:38 am

ScarJo has some nice guns.

Those Glocks aren't bad either. Giggidy.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby 1987olds442 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:42 am

Well here are a few things that I'm working on...

A taller Stealth Suit Captain America. Right now I just swapped the knees and lower legs with the Winter Soldier and did a little basic painting to make them match the rest of the uniform.

A couple of Crossbones using WWE elite figures. One for myself and one to sell to fund more projects :batgrin:
Man seeing Commander Rogers with those WWE elites really makes me want to rebuild him using an elite figure.

U-Foes Ironclad. For the fist they are castings of my Brimstones fist casted by Black Arachnis. The head is a re-sculpted Smart Hulk head that was enlarged by Glassman.

A taller Marvel Now! Captain America. When chatting with a future commissioner we were talking about redoing the Wreckers on the Hyperion body, and the idea of making Now Cap taller came up. So I decided to see what it would looking like on my personal Cap. I cut the boots and added a styrene tube for a spacer, not I'm going to use apoxie sculpt to re-sculpt the boots.

A Ms. Marvel for a commissioner. With the lighter skin tones I'm trying to match it with the Flamebird head that he sent me for her... Right now she looks a little naughty... :smgasp: as packerbacker180 would say Giggidy :smlol:
Last edited by 1987olds442 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:49 am

Giggidy, she's got Barbie lady parts--or lack of lady parts like Barbie. :) Some cool stuff you've got going on there.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby tonyrome » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:11 pm

Cap is freaking nice... can't wait to see Iron Clad I'm a big U-Foes fan and Mrs Marvel... one word DIVA :D Great stuff you got cooking Olds.
Tonyrome
tonyrome
Partner
Partner

Postby 1987olds442 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:14 am

packerbacker180 wrote:Giggidy, she's got Barbie lady parts--or lack of lady parts like Barbie. :) Some cool stuff you've got going on there.

Yep she is pretty Barbie-ish right now isn't she :)
tonyrome wrote:Cap is freaking nice... can't wait to see Iron Clad I'm a big U-Foes fan and Mrs Marvel... one word DIVA :D Great stuff you got cooking Olds.

Thanks... I'm a pretty big fan of the U-Foes as well, and I eventually plan on making the entire team.

A small update on Coulson.

And on Captain America's boots.
Last edited by 1987olds442 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Webslinger » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:38 pm

Great work so far!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby wally2974 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:37 pm

Slinger, the Black Widow figure does go perfect with those Hit Monkey guns. She's packin' some heat! NICE!

Great work, Olds! Looks like you have quite a few projects going, at once. The taller Cap is cool.
I've got a Coulson in the works, also. Just getting all the parts bought/ordered. I guess with the lack of new DC Universe/Infinite Earths figures, it seems like there's more of a custom Marvel figures trend going right now.
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby 1987olds442 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:09 pm

Webslinger wrote:Great work so far!!!

wally2974 wrote:Slinger, the Black Widow figure does go perfect with those Hit Monkey guns. She's packin' some heat! NICE!

Great work, Olds! Looks like you have quite a few projects going, at once. The taller Cap is cool.
I've got a Coulson in the works, also. Just getting all the parts bought/ordered. I guess with the lack of new DC Universe/Infinite Earths figures, it seems like there's more of a custom Marvel figures trend going right now.

Yep that is quite a few and not even all of the things, I work like I have ADHD sometimes with switching between projects... LOL

Here is another update on my fifth Marvel Now! Captain America. This time I wanted to change up the paint a little. I decided to go a bit darker with the blues this time.

Last edited by 1987olds442 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Avalon » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:10 pm

Wow you've got so many cool projects on the go right now! I can't wait to see them when they're done but they already look insane. I love seeing everything before it's all finished. It's cool to see the road to the finished customs.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby 1987olds442 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:02 am

Avalon wrote:Wow you've got so many cool projects on the go right now! I can't wait to see them when they're done but they already look insane. I love seeing everything before it's all finished. It's cool to see the road to the finished customs.

Thanks: :) I kind of work like I have ADHD when I'm working on my customs. I have a ton more in my WIP box.

Speaking of that habit yesterday evening I decided to do a few quick mods to one of my extra Black Cat figures. I swapped out the heels for some flats that I bought from casting cave, and I did some repainting.

Here is another update to Cap I added a little more dry brushing to the blue areas of his uniform, and I went over the armored area with a metallic blue.
Last edited by 1987olds442 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs