Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

McFarlane Toys DC figures

This area is for DC related collectibles that do not fall under the above categories. This includes things like Minimates, Squinkies, Hot Toys, Figuarts, Funko POP vinyls, statues, props, boardgames, etc.

Re: McFarlane Toys DC figures

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:28 pm

Ya we’re all guilty of that!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby secondwhiteline » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:55 pm

These are all really nice but man this line doesn't quite have the depth yet. Also they seem to just be tossing things out there at random. Animated Teen Titans Cyborg is a fun choice, at least.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:17 pm

I haven't paid any attention to these figures, I don't even really glance at them anymore out of curiosity in the aisle, but depending on the price, I might just need this Batcave.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:41 pm

These look cool and all but like Packer, I have very limited room for figures that 6" & 7" tall to display and put in storage with all of My older stuff that I find better and with whatever you call "these times" and My budget, I can't afford very much at all.

With that being said, let Me say this. back in the day I was a HUGE McFarlane back in the day, In the late 90s to the mid 2000s. I don't know how it was of you guys back then but for Me, I loved the way it was then and I miss it so much compared to this pathetic era. I just just the design of the packing whether it be the old fashioned blister card or newer clamshells and opening them getting that "new toy smell" thinking and knowing this is a McFarlane figure! My faves were the Movie Maniacs but their Spawn figs were great and even their MLB were superb but of course they had their quality issues but I didn't quit on them like I did with DC Direct. I just loved their presentation of the figures with their news announcements and pics of the prototypes and following the now non-existent MM society :roll: with their thoughts and ideas for the future. I was so disappointed when the company was changing later on cancelling the MMs line and (really letting NECA take over that concept) not to mention being less horrific with more sports and going to the route that every other company is doing and what this is making the same thing with the same licences just making them their way in their style. I've said it before, I mean I get sick of companies like McFarlane and Sideshow whom were great for years with their horror and series' and just changing their styles & ways and making Star wars, DC & Marvel and so many of the things that has been done beyond countless times basically copying other companies when they could make things they was never made before :roll:It would be nice if a company picked up a licence and continued where that last company left off like NECA & Super7 did in the past but most of the time that is to much to ask for and let's just make a character that already has 35+ variants by several different companies :batsad: For Me, it's just a turnoff and makes Me less and less interested in their products :wwsmh:

So really, by reading this topic, I just found out about them as I really don't keep up with the current lines from anybody actually because of what I just said earlier. So seeing these DC figures by McFarlane, I must say they look good and its cool movie versions look great too but I can tell you right now, they lack the classic and cool fun that McFarlane had in the 2000s and lack of horror they could have and the females aren't as sexy either as to they way McFarlane made them back in the day IMO. That Doomsday could be totally gruesome but I think they made kinda tame IMO. I mean if these were made and had they been approached in the 2000s instead of Mattel (I got the JLA-U & DCUC to make up for the series' I didn't get during the 80s & 90s) then they would have been greatly scary and I would have been a faithful collector of the line but sadly like most of everything is toned down, lacks the spirit of grandeur and just not what it used to be :batsad:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: McFarlane Toys DC figures--Batcave clearance

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:54 am

packerbacker180 wrote:I haven't paid any attention to these figures, I don't even really glance at them anymore out of curiosity in the aisle, but depending on the price, I might just need this Batcave.

I always thought this was cool, just not worth $30 to me. But I found a few at Target today on clearance for $8.99 so I grabbed one for my Mattel '69 figures, so if anyone was on the fence with this, now would be the time to check your store.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:10 am

Thanks for the tip but I never collected the classic TV Mattel figs, I wanted to but never did :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: McFarlane Toys DC figures--Batcave clearance

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:16 am

packerbacker180 wrote:
packerbacker180 wrote:I haven't paid any attention to these figures, I don't even really glance at them anymore out of curiosity in the aisle, but depending on the price, I might just need this Batcave.

I always thought this was cool, just not worth $30 to me. But I found a few at Target today on clearance for $8.99 so I grabbed one for my Mattel '69 figures, so if anyone was on the fence with this, now would be the time to check your store.

For $8.99 I wouldn't pass that up.

1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:57 pm

HHaha…I’m like you, IF I see them I may cheat a look, but I’m definitely not buying any; but yeah if you find a Batcave for $8 grab it
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Re: McFarlane Toys DC figures--SuperPowers

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:38 pm

I knew nothing about these until I saw Darkseid at Walmart today for $10. Kind of neat. Not the, going to buy them neat, but neat.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:59 am

Whoa. How tall are these? Action features?
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous DC Related Collectibles