Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:35 am

Okay, I hope you listened to those and see how fun they are. Any fan of Lovecraft I would imagine would really like Dream No More whether your a fan of Metallica or not. Now here's yet another superbly fun one from Metallica's Hardwired To...Self-Destruct Album...Halo On Fire :o This is so darn engaging, I've listened to it as much as the previous songs I'm posted from the same said album which that includes Moth Into Flame :o The one part I really dig that is very reminiscent of old school Metallica and the sound & segment that makes Metallica what they are is at 5:57...so darn good :)

Here's this LIVE version in Stuttgart, Germany on April 9, 2018...it's got such an spooky yet epic beginning...this is really fun too :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:52 am

Next up is Atlas, Rise! This is very good song on Metallica's Hardwired To...Self-Destruct Album :!:

Also here is Now That We're Dead :!:

Really I'm amazed how many videos they made from this super great album. If you haven't watched and listen to Halo On Fire, Moth Into Flame and especially Dream No More that is Lovecraft inspired then you don't know what your missing, their such great fun songs so go back and see them. More to come soon :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:55 pm

Been a while since I paid attention to music so I never heard either of those before. Sounds more like old school Metallica than some of their other more recent stuff I have heard.

Heard this coming home from a baseball game last night and had to turn it up. Was never a big fan of Faith No More but this song still sounds good over 30 years later. The dancing? Not so much.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:33 am

I can't say I know that one nor the group believe it or not. 99 was kinda when I stopped listening to newer groups but it just doesn't sound good, it still goods too :!:

Yes, Metallica still sounds like their older-selves, that's one of the reasons why I'm posting their 2016 album and why their still My faves, most of everybody else in this modern day isn't like that for Me. Go back on the previous page, listen to Moth Into Flame and Halo on Fire, their two of the funnest songs ever and you don't want to miss something like that ;) Especially Dream No More. I was thinking AcidDragon would be saying something about it since he loves H.P. Lovecraft, it's a sequel to Call of the Cthulhu and anybody that loves Lovecraft needs to hear that. I know I love it :)

Okay, next up on their huge, Deluxe 3-CD Hardwired To...Self-Destruct Album, here's Confusion :!:

Now here's Murder One :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:43 am

Okay, I'm getting to the nitty gritty of Metallica's Hardwired To...Self-Destruct Album. I'm skipping the music videos to these good songs because I am not a fan of how they are, their pretty graphic, you can search for them on your own if you wish :shock:

ManUNkind

Here Comes Revenge

I got one more update for this album then it's off to some special Metallica stuff ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 10, 2024 3:47 am

So here's the final two I'm doing for Metallica's huge, Deluxe 3-CD Hardwired To...Self-Destruct Album. Here's the song of the same title :!:

Okay, now this here was on the bonus third disc called Lords of Summer. It was originally a new song in 2014, 10 years ago this year then officially years ago they then did a studio version, here's the cool music video and it's a fairly good song.

So that will do it for this album. There was others on the 3rd disc but they were live and I'm skipping them or at least for now. I hope you checked out and like all of the great ones from this super fun album. If you haven't then you've missed a lot so I seriously suggest that you check out what I posted especially the extremely exciting stuff of Metallica & NXT. Their songs of Moth Into Flame & Halo on Fire is some of their absolute best and if your an H.P Lovecraft fan and even if your not, check out Dream No More...it's a sequel to Call of the Cthulhu, it's such a superb song and James Hetfield is so darn cool in it. You don't want to miss out on this fantastic stuff. Next I got some special features of Metallica & more wrestling plus a special Kid Rock with Metallica and more soon to come so be on the look out for all of this soon :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:12 am

So as I said I'm going to post a little bit of some more wrestling with Metallica. Here's the guys performing Bret "Hitman" Hart's theme from two different concerts. I'm sure there's some people there thinking oh it's Wrastllin' making fun of it thinking it's stupid :roll: Hopefully there was many people there that knew exactly what this theme is, who it belongs to and loved it and congrats to those that do :) It makes scene that Metallica chose because they have Western & Southern roots and Hart is known as a Canadian Cowboy. to do this I'm sure nobody knew of these. Here's this one with an inspiration of Load which I've already posted that great 1996 album before.

Here's this one many years ago at a concert many years ago.

Here's one from a concert just last year in 2023 :)

Next I'm going to have a major special which is the origins of Kid Rock's American Bad @$$ and it all started with Metallica :shock: Stay alert for the next update :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:09 pm

That's kind of cool. I wonder how many people actually knew where the song came from.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:37 am

Good, I'm glad you liked it PB. I don't know but I hope there was many of them plus I hope it made some people become fans of wresting & wrestling themes I mean Metallica & Wrestling goes hand in hand so nicely :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:25 am

Okay, so now as I said I was going to do, the origins of Kid Rock's American Bad Ass. Well, if you heard this first and nothing of Metallica before or at least never focused on it then you probably thought it was a cool song but that's it. Well I got news for ya...that isn't the case because his song actually is a twist on Metallica's Sad But True :? So allow Me to explain a bit here. Sad But True was on their wonderful Black Album from 1991 which was THE album that got Me hooked on Metallica to this very moment. I'm probably one of the biggest Metallica fans you'll ever meet and their really the only band from the classic days that's still around and is still like how they were then hence why I've been posting them for a long time now within this great topic of Mine. So, when I first heard Sad But True way back then I thought it was so awesome. James Hetfield was as good as always and just an example why he's My fave singer of all. The sound is just terrific. The part that starts @ 3:38 is just so darn great. Now listen close, I mean LISTEN 100% attention because it's very crucial to the next music video which is Kid Rock's version :shock:

So in 2000, I already stopped watching MTV because they turned to reality shows and fazed away from what made them MTV...Music Television plus most of the music & bands weren't as exciting as before. Kid Rock debuted with a new song called American Bad Ass. I'm like who :? He looks like the wrestler Kid Kash in ECW :shock: When I first heard it I was like what the heck, that sounds like Metallica's Sad But True...did he just rip them off :roll: Sure, there's some differences here but it's like a mashup or a remix...in this video, it has some really cool looking women and listen to how it has the same rhythm & sound as Metallica's Sad But True :shock:

Then not too long after that The Undertaker returned to the WWF with a new gimmick, almost like the D.O.A....he was now called "The American Bad Ass" Undertaker. He came out with this song. now keep in mind, I posted other stuff that The Undertaker had which was other Metallica music throughout the years including Memory Remains. I'm posting this Tron that Packer posted previously :)

Now, how is this possible without a big Metallica lawsuit and whatnot :?: Well, it was all fine with the Record Companies and the band themselves and that's how Kid Rock was able make his own sampling. This caught on rather quickly. So quickly in fact Metallica & Kid Rock became friends & toured together in 2000. Here's a concert of them together with guest Korn :!:

Now recently at the RNC, Kid Rock performed American Bad Ass and made it a Trump version. This RNC was very wrestling heavy I mean Kid Rock, Hulk Hogan, Linda McMahon and more was there :o

So there's that. i hope you were excited about this. I got a tiny bit more of Metallica in wrestling then a surprise :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions