Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 09, 2024 5:44 pm

I would highly recommend it.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 10, 2024 3:17 am

Ie'v never seen old School, that looked something.

Back to Torchwood, I was thinking...the story reminds Me of these 60s (1960 & 1964) classics which are also British :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 10, 2024 6:55 pm

I've never really watched any of the Viilage of the Damned or Children of the Corn movies. I can see where you would find them similar but I think the stories are pretty different even if I admittedly never saw any version of those films. Here's a brief synopsis of Children of Earth:

The plot of Children of Earth deals with aliens demanding a percentage of the Earth's children, and a related earlier conspiracy from 40 years ago; as such, Torchwood is pitted against the British government when the government attempts to conceal its past actions and accede to the present-day aliens' demands.

It's dark, but very well done IMO.

Old School on the other hand is just stupid, raunchy fun. There may or may not be a Metallica song in the movie as well...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:50 am

Oh their good movies especially the John Carpenter remake that I'll post later. I see, well good story and I see how it differs.

YES, that's a Metallica song called Master of Puppets from 1986. It's such a great one and I featured that in My Music Videos of yesteryear before...thanks for posting that PB :)

By the way, I updated the last of their super fun Hardwired…to Self-Destruct yesterday, some great Metallica & Wrestling is coming soon :shock:

Happy 71st Birthday to "The Hulkster". Here's his great movie that tuned in a series...THUNDER IN PARADISE :!:

While it wasn't as good as No Holds Barred & Suburban Commando (don't forget I greatly spotlighted them before here) I liked it & I watched this a lot...My Grandma rented Me this from Star Video or Blockbuster Video back in the day of 93/94. Other wrestlers are in it too such as Brutus Beefcake, Jimmy Hart, Jim Neidhart, Hercules has a tiny cameo. Sting is a major villain WITHOUT his face paint on and The Giant Gonzales fights Hogan...watch this special VHS trailer as it also includes Mr. Nanny as well :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:46 pm

You know, I was so far removed from wrestling by 1993, and so uninterested in anything to do with it, that I didn't even know there was a Thunder in Paradise movie. I knew of the TV show, but never watched it. I had no idea there was a DTV movie.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 12, 2024 1:49 am

Shame, that's when stuff was really good, unpredictable, the rise of Yokozuna, HBK, Razor Ramon, Diesel and so much more. As much as I posted in the promos and elsewhere, there so much more to catch on PB ;) Hogan was still in the WWF in 93 when he started Thunder in Paradise...he got the bad black eye from that bad accident before WM 9...that's why he's wearing that eye patch there :o

Gosh, another Star Wars series...of course cast Jude Law...Disney is always gotta put somebody they used in the MCU. The Skeleton Crew looks different and a mystery too :shock:

Okay, here's this great movie that is also from 1993...it's based from the comic strip & cartoon...it's Dennis the Menace the live action film :o

It stars Walter Matthau, Joan Plowright, Mason Gamble and strangely it also stars Christopher Lloyd & Lea Thompson whom were both together in the Back to the Future Trilogy :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Gosh I remember the hype the film got and it was well deserved too. Here's the teaser & regular trailers :)

Here's the brilliant score the legend Jerry Goldsmith :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 12, 2024 5:07 pm

Ok, this is a weird coincidence because this morning I was just watching an episode of 20/20 from Friday that was about a teenager who murdered his parents in Texas and when he was younger they said he tried out for the role of Dennis the Menace IN THAT MOVIE but didn't get it. So unless you watched that same episode and it made you post this trailer, that's very weird.

I'll admit even though I was a little old by 1993 (15), I still rented this movie. First off, I loved Walter Matthau from things like The Bad News Bears and Grumpy Old Men. And while I never watched the old black and white show, I really liked the 80s Dennis the Menace cartoon. I'd watch it almost every morning eating cereal before school.

Yeah, Skeleton Crew looks ok. They're really going for the Goonies/Stranger Things vibes. Space suburbs seem kind of odd. Plus, how many Jedi survived Order 66? It's seems like more and more. Where the hell were they in the OT or even the ST? Even the nWo thinks there's too many members of the Jedi still around, lol.

Anyway....

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 13, 2024 8:09 am

No, I didn't know about that kid at all and I didn't watch that show...I've never been into 20/20 and besides, don't forget I don't have a DVR :roll: So it was basically impossible for Me to do so when you watched it...so what that means is here we go again with the weird coincidences :o

Oh yes, I watched the Dennis the Menace cartoon too, I even looked at the comics in the newspaper from time to time. Yeah, let's see how any people complain about this SW series too :roll: Hah, nWo...good one PB ;) I've never seen Flipper, always looked like a tear jerker. Dolphins are arguably the smartest animals on the planet, even more so that Chimps :shock:

HOLY TOLEDO...I JUST FOUND THIS...A new CHUCK NORRIS movie with MARC SINGER that came out earlier this year called Agent Recon...looks like Norris is a Cyborg...I gotta look into this soon :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:25 pm

Yeah, I figured it was just a really strange coincidence.

Wow, good to see Marc Singer is still around and doing his thing, too. I always thought he looked like Kevin Bacon.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 14, 2024 7:46 am

Yet another one :shock: Oh yes, I was surprised to see Marc Singer too, I haven't seen him in anything new in a long time. Yes, Singer does look like Kevin Bacon. When We watched the original V last year, I was looking at him and I saw the same however there was looks on his face & traits that was very similar like Mark Hamil & Lex Luger...I'm like dang, he looks like all three of them in certain ways :shock: The Beastmaster was pretty good, I haven't seen it in ages nor it's sequel. My Grandpa loved those movies and the music too...the score was by great composer Lee Holdrige...here's this wonderful cue :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to General Discussions