Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:56 pm

Nope, never seen that one either. But I've said before that natural disaster movies never really were my thing. Bonus I added our trip to the drive-in this past weekend to the Canada trip thread since it's sort of time travel event of sorts as well, lol. Check it out when you can!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:46 am

I didn't think you knew that one either. I know you don't like Natural Distaster films but that one is really far from it with all of that action going on. I never seen Old Yeller and I'm not sure if I knew about it :shock:

Along with The Hurricane Heist in 2018 I saw this really different extraterrestrial movie starring Natalie Portman among others called Annihilation :blhal:

It was a very bizarre yet suspenseful movie. Here's the trailer :blsm:

Here's the really unique score :blmm:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 26, 2024 12:11 pm

You never saw Old Yeller? Man, we had to watch that in school after reading the book. I don't remember much of it though beside the sad ending.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:53 am

Nope, I never saw it in school or elsewhere. So did you see or know about Annihilation that I posted yesterday...I mean it stars Natalie Portman :?:

I never seen Roxanne but I sure remember Steve Martin being like that :shock: Okay, here's another I saw in 2018 at the show. It's also a Disney film based on books called A Wrinkle in Time.

It actually features Oprah & Mindy...it was a feel good movie. Here's the trailers :o

The music is by great composer of the Media Ventures...Ramin Djadwi :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:28 pm

I know of a Wrinkle in Time and Annihilation, but never was interested in seeing either. My kids weren't really interested in A Wrinkle either as I remember suggesting it when it came out. Never read the book(s) either. Roxanne is kind of funny. I hadn't thought about that movie in ages but a new season of The Very Very Best of the 80s started on AXSTV recently and an episode of the Top-10 80s Rom-Coms, and that was one. Now, the more I thought about it, I have a vague recollection that I may've seen Roxanne at the drive-in when it came out in 1987. It's possible at least. Steve Martin actually wrote the screenplay for it.

Another on that list was...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 28, 2024 8:56 am

I see. Amazing your kids didn't want to see A Wrinkle in Time. I never seen Can't Buy Me Love and that was an interspersing trivia by there PB about Steve Martin ;)

Remember I said how 2018 was a huge movie years and it had a lot of action & retro films :?: Well, I posted a little bit of them thus far. I'm going to go slow with this film. Last year I posted 1985's Commando. Well, here's this one that came out in 2018, 6 years ago this year...it's a teaser of Commando Ninja and that's all I'm saying about it until tomorrow :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 28, 2024 4:58 pm

For some reason that sounds and looks familiar. I think I may've seen that back then but will wait to see what you post. It certainly looks to combine about 5 different 80s movies, lol. I'm pretty sure I saw that if it isn't a full length film.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:54 am

I've only seen clips of Fast Times at Ridgemount High. Maybe you did see it before :?:

Commando Ninja combines elements from many movies & stuff like the logo from Carolco Pictures, Commando & American Ninja, Predator, Jurassic Park, Mad Max plus more. It's really a wacky wacky parody that is very visual. Here's the official trailer...WARNING, it has a ton of gore and exposed boobs :o :batwink:

Here's the Japanese version :!:

Now it has an excellent score, much of it is very retro. There's a lot of inspiration here. This video is a compilation of the score, I really like this format. 04. is clearly inspired by James Horner's Commando and 07. Way of the Commando Ninja is so much like Paul Herzog's Bloodsport. It's really incredible especially when you know them and then you hear that :shock: It's really a great score by Thomas Cappeau :)

Here's the cool 80s inspired song by Vol Age :!:

I have a little bit of this for tomorrow but it maybe not what you think :shock:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 7:29 pm

I've never seen that. That was not what I was thinking of so I had to try and remember what the hell it was. And I found it. I give you...Kung Fury!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 30, 2024 10:06 am

I see how you got it mixed up and that's great you found it. They are in similar in ways. I knew of the film but never seen Kung Fury. I have the cool video game on PS4 however. I'm glad you postd the whole film. Gosh, that was one heck of a song by The Hoff, gosh so 80s-like, almost like it was :)

Here's this music video, so much is in it including the original Commando, Chuck Norris, Big Trouble in Little China and yes even Kung Fury :shock:

I still got a bit more ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions