Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 20, 2024 6:02 pm

Not much has changed in 30 years, lol. Most conspiracies are just truths people don't want to believe.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:09 am

packerbacker180 wrote:Not much has changed in 30 years, lol. Most conspiracies are just truths people don't want to believe.

Amazing, I never seen that James Woods one either, cool :)

Okay, here's another good one from 1997, it's called Switchback starring Dennis Quaid, Danny Glover, Jared Leto and the legendary real life drill sergeant R. Lee Ermey

I recall when We rented this over at Schnucks on Loughorough how excited We were about this film and the unexpected twists & turns it had :shock: Here's the trailer :)

The music was by the late great Basil Poledouris, last week I posted Breakdown with Kurt Russel that was scored by Basil as well ;)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 21, 2024 1:59 pm

Don't recall ever seeing that one.

The Boost was based upon the 1983 novel 'Ludes: A Ballad of the Drug & the Dream written by Ben Stein.

Yes, that Ben Stein.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:01 am

Well, if your gonna see any Danny Glover movie soon, make it Switchback...you won't regret it ;)

I've never seen The Boost nor knew the trivia of Ludes: A Ballad of the Drug & the Dream much less that it was written by Ben Stein but of course I know of Ben Stein ;)

Here's this one that came out in 1989, 35 years again this year :shock:

It stars Lou Ferrigno and has appearances by Tiger Chong Lee, Al Leong and Branscombe Richmond among others whom were some of your go to bad guys in action films. I recall My Grandma renting it from Schnucks Video Selection on Arsenal. Here's the trailer to this cool movie :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:57 pm

Never heard of that one, though I bet they wouldn't like Lou when he's angry,

Well, last night we decided to take the kids to a drive-in to see the new Despicable Me movie. It was decent. I mean, this was like the fifth installment so at some point the story gets a little more flimsy, but it had enough laughs that they enjoyed it. I actually decided to take a bunch of pictures to share of the place for nostalgia since there aren't a lot of drive-ins even around anymore. There used to be 3 or 4 in the area I remember, but this is the only one relatively close these days. So look for maybe another post in the Time Travel thread, probably tomorrow.

The second film in the double feature was The Fall Guy. It's not a movie I was in a hurry to see, but it didn't look bad and I recall the original show from the 80s. Actually, I recall the theme more than the show, because the way Brandon is with composers, I was kind of that way with TV themes as a kid. But then I started wondering why I remembered the theme so well if I didn't really pay attention to the show much since it aired when I would've been 8 or younger (the last season was 85-86). So I looked at the prime time schedule back then at it aired on ABC at 8 PM. So my theory is this, back then we used to love game shows, and from 7 to 8 on ABC was Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy, two shows we used to love. And since remote controls weren't as prevalent back then, there were probably lots of times where the channel wasn't changed right away after those shows ended and on would come The Falll Guy, hey-hey!

The theme is actually sung by the Six Million Dollar Man himself. In the TV series Lee Majors and crew were stunt man who moonlighted as bounty hunters. In the new movie, Ryan Gosling plays a stuntman by the same name of Colt Seavers, but in this is tasked with finding the star of the film they're working on, who has gone missing for some reason (maybe he got covid and went to his beach house in Delaware?). I'm actually kind of interested in checking the old show out now. Seeing Heather Thomas and Markie Post in it doesn't hurt, lol.

The movie wasn't bad You kind of see the twists coming a mile away, but the action is pretty good and it's got some good humor as well. I would recommend seeing it.

But the really weirdly coincidental thing that happens in the movie, is there's a point where Emily Blunt's character is at a karaoke bar with the movie crew, and she gets up and sings. There isn't an actual clip online yet since the movie is still new, but I did find this audio clip of it...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:26 am

Well that's cool that you went to a Drive-Inn and that you took pics. I hope your kids know the importance of it. Like I said before, the last time I went to a Drive-Inn was in 1992 when Me, My Mom and her boyfriend Jasper saw The Naked Gun 2 & Terminator 2, that's 32 years ago this year :shock: Not too long after that it went out of business and they tore it down and that was the last one around here :roll: :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Boy if I could go to a Drive-Inn I would believe you Me, Just make it a habit, just not for nostalgia but for history...this is what I'm doing as much as possible. In fact I have a special event coming too but I'm not sure when it will be, I'll give the heads up and post it in the Special Events section in time:) Imagine if others would do what we do & that's cool that your topic is going to expand too PB :) I've never seen any of the Despicable Me movies though just recently I seen the trailer on Peacock. I never watched the original Fall Guy TV show. Yes, the women were pretty sweet looking. Thanks for mentioning Me about composers, I appreciate that ;) Yes, there must have been something really special about it to/for you in your mind that stuck about the intro Packer. I have always thought and said that intros is the most funnest & important part of any TV Show and that the music makes the movie and/or TV show. It's the same thing with the wrestler and of course video games too. I saw a tiny bit of a preview of The Fall Guy remake either on Peacock or YouTube. I think it looked good. I find it amazing how big Gosling & Blunt have become, its like their way bigger than the originals :shock: What the heck about Against All Odds :?

I didn't think you saw Cage before. It's pretty good. Now they made a sequel simply called Cage 2 :!:

Now I actually never seen the second one, it has alluded Me since it came out in 1994, 30 years ago this year but one day I gotta check it out but I'll have to see the first one first to get the full feel of the story. The sequel looks pretty darn good too :)

They never made a third Cage film. More later :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:04 pm

This was playing at the screen directly behind us so I didn't catch any of it except when we were walking to the bathroom in between flicks. It looked like it was almost over though and all the action had already happened. I'm sure th sfx are good, but I can't imagine it being better than the original.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:16 am

Oh I've done that many a time when I'd had to go to the rest room and whatnot. Now if I had the chance, Twisters would have been My first choice to see. You know I'm a big fan of Twister. It's one of the biggest movies ever not to mention part of the excellently huge lineup of 1996. I know some about the film. It's presented as a legacy-sequel and was actually green-lit by Steven Spielberg :shock: Like the original it is joint-venture production between Warner Bros. Pictures & Amblin Entertainment but also Universal Pictures joined in as well. I'm glad it's not another unneeded reboot I mean if you reboot Twister, that's really awful :roll: Now with that being said, I can tell you right now, while it looks like Twister and has a similar acts & concepts...it lacks the great feeling & personalty the 96 epic had. They wasted to much time in making it. They were supposed to have a direct sequel in 98 with Bill Paxton & Helen Hunt among the other cast members like Phillip Seymour Hoffman & Alan Ruck then stuff delayed it...then it was supposed to come out in 2000 and never did...it went into "Development Hell" and after doing crap that was arguably worse that the Ghostbusters III fiasco, it was all too late, during these later years Hunt lost her hotness in more than one way, Hoffman unexpectedly passed away and Paxton got sick and died and Ruck became older. Hollywood can waste so much time for the great things :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Now I understand that Bill's son James Paxton has a cameo here, he should have had more than that, it's like who is all of these people in this film :roll: It would have been cool if they would have Ruck's character Rabbit...since Ruck is older now, they truly could have utilized his "Rabbit is Wise" philosophy from the first film...what a missed-opportunity that was :roll: Hoffman's character Dusty was one of the most funniest and most absolute coolest characters ever seen in a film...this day & age cannot have anybody like that now like so many things :roll: Now, with that said, I'm sure this is a good film, just not an original direct epic that could have been. Of course another aspect is the music which was such a fantastic one of Twister. It not only had a wonderful score by Hans Zimmer's Media Venture duo Marc Mancina & Trevor Rabin but it also had original co-composed music by Van Halen not to mention great stuff by Sammy Hagar, Eric Clapton among others. That has been and will always be a key factor to Twister. If My Grandma was here she'd tell you the same thing, she absolutely adored Van Halen's "Respect the Wind" and she wasn't a Van Halen person :shock: Now, I found out that Benjamin Wallfisch composed the score to Twisters. He's one of Zimmer's newer guys that's truly a remarkable composer, he's one of My faves of the newer guys. I haven't gave his score a chance yet as it's too early but I will in time. Knowing how his music is in other films such as IT & Shazam, Twisters may have an upper-hand because of this. Now last year back in August, I spotlighted Twister in great fashion. I said a lot of history, My memories, the great music plus much more at this link here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post48180.html?hilit=Twister#p48180 :)

Now, since we're on the subject. I've been thinking of this for a while since I knew the announcements of Twisters. I saw this Tornado movie at the show in 2014, 10 years ago this year :shock: It's called Into the Storm :!:

Before I seen the movie I was like, is this movie trying to be Twister :?: If it is it's already failed :roll: So much has changed since the 18 years that went by already but I mean it is by Warner Brothers like Twister was. Well, when I saw it, immediately I knew it wasn't trying to be another movie, it was trying to be it's own thing which is great. It's almost shot like a Found Footage film which I love Found Footage movies. The special effects were great and had some really cool moments I never seen done in a distaster film before and that includes Twister. It really had an unknown cast to Me despite I seen some of them in TV shows. The one guy looks like "Bad News" Wade Barrett. While the time, feeling and the the like during Twister has been absent since really 2001 when movies really changed, its a very stellar film and an underrated one at that. Here's the Teaser & Regular trailers :)

Now, here's this very special music video. This is by Varèse Sarabande Records and on their Official YouTube. I've known this record label since I was a youngster. Their one of the biggest. I know record labels like I know toy & video game companies. I showcased many of the great scores they released last year in My all-crucial Odds & Ends including a very special showcase of the special 2003/2004 Timeline scores by Brian Tyler & Jerry Goldsmith. Varèse Sarabande was dear friends to Goldsmith and Tyler as well. Now speaking of Tyler. He composed the music for Into the Storm and it's a dandy. Tyler is one of the best composers to come along since the early 2000s. He has really good sound and has such a huge respect for his fellow predecessors including Goldsmith & James Horner. He goes nowhere how Marc Mancina & Trevor Rabin did Twister because if he did people like Me would have thought what...this sounds like Twister, what the heck but that isn't the case and that is good because Tyler went with how the film is...all-new :!: Here's this excellent music video that Varèse Sarabande Records made that features Brian Tyler's great score, if you know them or studied their logos in My showcases then I'm sure you'll recognize them at the top & bottom of the video :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:42 pm

I don't even remember seeing Into the Storm come out. Look like iffy CGI. So many films in more recent times rely way too much on CGI. I was on the Twister ride at Universal Studios in Florida back in 2002. It was one of the rides we really wanted to experience.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:00 am

1992's Unforgiven was pretty good. I remember when we rented it at Star Video. Gosh, now that would be something to talk about. I never had that chance. If I did I think i would have been talking about it for hours. It was really cool how they had that set up. It looked pretty authentic. That's rad that they played the score during the ride. Surely those people noticed that :? That was sweet there with the lightning bolt and the cow too :)

Oh, Into the Storm really didn't have big publicity. Just TV spots that I recall. Yes, it was CGI heavy. Now see, when Twister came out plebeians weren't used to CGI yet and many thought it was remarkable. It was really only used a handful of times since 93's Jurassic Park, only films like Terminator 2 & Alien 3 had hints of it. There was never a film like Twister before. By time Independence Day came out only a few short months later it seemed like every other movie used it then by 97 it was pretty apparent that nearly every movie relied on it, really that started with 97's Men in Black not to mention every film felt a like a big event, kinda like today's wrestling feels like every match is a big main event instead of how it was with lower card & tune up jobber bouts :roll: Now, while I'm on this subject...you talk about not hearing about a movie that had big publicity...hah...I saw another natural distaster film that like had absolute BUPKIS advertisements. I recall it like it was yesterday even though it was 6 years ago in 2018 this year :shock: I was getting ready to go to the show the next day, I got My movie lineup confirmed because I usually saw a few during the whole day & night at the theater so I can see all of the big ones in one whack for the month which I have spoken about before. It was fun doing that. I was watching wrestling, Law & Order, CSI or something with My Grandma and I saw this preview of this movie I never heard of nor knew about it. I'm like holy crap...look at that movie...whoa, I gotta get the showtimes to see that and it it in My lineup. Well it was day it came out too :shock: They were only showing it I believe like 10:30 PM or something and it was very few times too...this movie was called THE HURRICANE HEIST :!:

When it was time to show it I was oh boy here we go. It's got many familiar faces in it and the surprise in it was that the late great Ben Cross was in it too in a very swerving/deceiving role. Now what happens when you combine Fast and the Furious, Twister and/or Into the Storm...you get this movie :o

I was very glad that I saw it, it was only at the show for a few days. I always like to see the movies like that, that come out of left-field or the ones that nobody is interested in. Usually their the surprises & the fun ones to see. Now I absolutely liked the score. It was by Lorne Balfe, one of Hans Zimmer's newer recruits. He's as talented as Benjamin Wallfisch. Here's three of his great cues. I love how dynamic his music is and I just love that country guitar too :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions