Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:36 am

Good. Yes, Gere is a fine actor. I've never seen Chicago, one of the movies I'v never got to yet but I sure recall that hype back then in 2002 :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:05 pm

It's pretty good. They made some good musicals around that time. I actually own the soundtrack to it.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:54 am

Well that's great, soundtracks are so fun to collect especially when you have many of them by the same composer and you look them and you like, wow, this is so good or if it's even songs, Ghostbusters 1 & 2 looks so good together as well. You've seen how cool many of My showcases are in My Odds & Ends. They're as fun action figures & video games :) So fun to listen to, really the funniest music there is IMO and it's so fun to talk about :) I've never seen All That Jazz either but I recall previews of it.

Here's this Kurt Russell movie that came out in 1997 called Breakdown :)

[img]]https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNjQ5MThkYzMtOTAyMC00YWIxLTg1MWEtMGRiZmFiYWJjNTUyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDEwMjgxNg@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1030_.jpg[/img]

It also stars Kathleen Quinland, Rex Linn and two guys that was Backdraft with Kurt, J.T. Walsh & Jack McGee. Here's the trailer :)

Here's the score by the late great Basil Poledouris. His score was originally rejected but instead of replacing him they had him compose the cues again. Here's his Main Title :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:48 pm

I don't think I ever saw that one.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 13, 2024 7:57 am

Oh Breakdown was really good, gosh I remember when it came out and rented it over at Schnucks on Loughborough, I was like oh boy a new movie with Kurt Russel :shock: It will keep you going :) Gosh, I never saw nor knew about Pontypool. That looked good, I gotta check that out one day. Stephen McHattie is the star, My Grandma always said how much he is like Lance Henriksen :)

Okay, a few days ago I was talking about Sofia Vergara and that I had only seen her in a few movies. Here's one of'em that I mentioned. It's called Bent and came out in 2018, 6 years ago this year.

It stars her, Karl Urban & Andy Garcia. It was a direct to video/on demand film and was one of the first of the year and really one of the most underrated too because 2018 had a ton action films. Here's the trailer :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:52 pm

Never saw that preview before but I really stopped paying attention to films by then.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:23 am

I see, well there's plenty of movies from 2018 for Me to post that you haven't seen then ;) Oh 1983's Videodrome with James Woods, that one was something else.

If the stuff in the Zen wasn't bad enough , I just found out that Shelly Duvall has died :roll:

I never found her great looking or whatever but I didn't find her ugly either. She was differently attractive and a very good actress.

Here's some scenes with her starting with 1977's Annie Hall.

1980's The Shinning.

1980's Popeye.

1991's Suburban Commando, I really liked her here :)

May she Rest In Peace :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:29 pm

RIP. Richard Simmons, Dr. Ruth, and Shannon Doherty also passed away this weekend.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:11 am

Yes but gosh I didn't know about Shannon Doherty :shock: May she Rest In Peace :roll: I never seen Best Seller, that looked good :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:33 am

Yeah, my wife told me she had passed last night. I never watch BH90210 but my wife was a fan.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to General Discussions