Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Modern Collection: My Accoutrements!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My Miscellaneous Modern Collection: Hasbro POTA 2001!!!

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:20 pm

Really impressive collection, Brandon. I never really got into the 2001 Planet of the Apes. I'm more of a fan of the original movies including the less loved movies that came after the first one. Still very interesting to see these. Thanks for sharing.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My Miscellaneous Modern Collection: Hasbro POTA 2001!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:55 am

Really they are all great fun movies not to mention the music scores in all of them but the 2001 version by Danny Elfman is the most dynamic, I've listened to it since it came out countless times, any POTA fan and music score lover should listen to it, it's one of the greatest scores ever :!: Thanks so Acid :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Miscellaneous Modern Collection: MLB SPORTS SPUDS!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:23 am

So I recently found one crucial item of My Sports Spuds and I did in the nick of time while it's still Baseball season :shock: Before we get to that here's a couple quotes to refreshify what you may have missed :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:So here is My Mr. Potato Head Sports Spuds! Actually its Mr. & Mrs. thank you very much. I got these back in the middle/little later part of the 2000s, way before Playskool/Hasbro pathetically became fake woke with CRT among other crap! Anyway, I found them at My local Walgreens...

and like usual you can find some stuff there that you can't find like say at your Target or even Walmart so it always pays to check them out! These were officially licensed MLB Baseball themed and were more for an an adult collector IMO rather than a child simply because of the gimmick alone. I believe they made all 30 MLB teams but don't quote Me on that. Since I'm a proud Missourian (I'm using the old school, true way of the word, not the way this generation has twisted it around like so many other things) I chose the St. Louis Cardinals...YEAH Go Cards!!!!!!!!! I wasn't a collector of Mr. Potato Head back in the day but I did have some when I was very young but more on that later in My Vintage Figure Topic...maybe. (Keep going for the future in a bit :batwink:

So these are smaller than previous standard versions. They have multiple accessories with many combos of display options and the quality is pretty decent. I love how [bMrs.[/b] is with her ponytail. Here they are!

Apart & Storage Compartment!

Scale & size comparison!

OK, here we go, since it's October aka Spooky time, I thought it would be apropos to showcase My Trick or Tater! I got this guy from Entertainment Earth back in 2007 close to All Hallows Eve. I remember it was a big hyped up item and it was really a must for Me. Like the Sports Spuds, he has many display combinations. IMO he was a clever concept and just not a good collectible but actually could be a nice Halloween display piece as well! Here he is!

Cool spooky Background insert from the box!

No Storage Compartment this time but Copyright though!

Scale Comparison

The Spuds get scared!

Now that was from 2021 around Halloween time, this is from this year in 2023 :o You can see the whole great showcase here in My Vintage Action Figure Topic ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-vintage-action-figure-collection-willow-1988-t1087-320.html

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Image

Here is the The Spuds with their Modern Parents that I showcased in My Modern Action Figure Topic a while back. This was still before Hasbro went w0k3 and turned Mr. Potato Head gender neutral :batshock: :wwsmh: :smgasp: This great Potato Head couple are dressed up like baseball players because these are officially licenced Sports Spuds I got in the middle/little later part of the 2000s at the Gavois Holly Hills Walgreens, I had to get'em when I saw'em. Their My MLB home team of the St. Louis Cardinals :!: I think the scale and style fits and matches these Kids rather well despite their from two different decades because the originals looked huge compared to them and how apropos their all dressed up together :batsmile:

So now we're back to 2007 and the NOW because just very recently I found one of My Sports Spuds Blister Cards and really like a lot of things in My storage and in life in general, it was hidden in plain sight :shock: I only found the one however but how apropos that is was Mrs. Potato Head :wwwink: This is the way I fixed the Blister Card up then and it looks just as good now :batwink: You can clearly see how I taped the Hologram MLB Sticker & St. Louis Cardinals Emblem on there :)

Remember I said in My quote above that I believe that they made all 30 MLB Teams :?: Well I was correct, look at that American & National League lineup on the back of this simple yet cool looking Blister Card :!:

Here's a closer look at the roster plus the 2007 Copyright of Hasbro, MLB & Promotional Partners Worldwide and much more information including the Sports Spuds web site :)

So here she is with her Blister Card, take a gander at that :)

ImageImage

I'm not sure if I'm going to be in time to to do My Hasbro G.I. Joe Sigma 6, with the heat and everything things are difficult for Me. They may have to wait till later but I will get to them in time. Halloween is next month and I have a big major showcase coming up for that cool time so stay abreast of what is coming your way next ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Miscellaneous Modern Collection: N2's HARDENED!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:28 am

Before I get to My next big showcase here's a bonus crossover of Hasbro's JP/// & POTA, If your just now seeing this and have no idea about then go back and check out showcases because they are great & visually stunning ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:28 am

Here we go with My next showcase before this topic gets to the spooky time of Halloween. This series is known as...

Yes Hardened by N2 Toys. This generation probably knows nothing of it nor the company that made it. The company was N2 Toys as you see their Logos above. They a quite a very brief history. Here's My take on it so bear with Me if you want to learn it ;) N2 Toys was founded in 1999 by former Kenner designer Ron Hayes. He was really responsible for many if not most of all the great figures that Kenner/Hasbro made in the 90s. Apparently he was getting tired of this and wanted to leave the company and start his own. Well he did with N2 Toys in 1999, truly the last year of classic times before the start of the new millennium. N2 Toys was really a success right from the start because the plebeians were craving the new movie The Matrix so he nailed the license right away and the line was a complete success, it was no doubt that his company was going places. While he was aware that McFarlane was the new kid in town and his figures were unlike any ever seen previously with his Movie Maniacs series,Hayes thought he'd give it his own shot with his own movie character series first starting Hardened and while it was a very small series it too was a success. He made tremendous figure series' of Mad Max, The Crocodile Hunter, Heavy Metal, Shi, The Tick, Frank Frazetta’s art, Bobble Heads kinda like Funko POP’s and one that I foolishly didn't get...Big Trouble in Little China. Some of these ranged in 2 different scales, 6" & 12". Sadly in 2002 N2 Toys filed for bankruptcy and that was it, their 5th Element series and all of their upcoming items & plans were all left in limbo and nobody ever tried to help them nor resurrect their series', not even Super7 which this all sucks so hard :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: McFarlane's only other competitor of the kind was Sideshow Toys. This story sounds very similar to when Jim Shooter left Marvel and formed Broadway Comics in the great year of 1995 then he went out of business in 1996 :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: I loved his comics by the way, especially Fatale :batwink: So even though this generation probably doesn't know any of this, his figures are quite expensive on the secondary & third place markets. If I had the moolah, I would so get that entire Big Trouble in Little China Set believe you Me :!: Now here's another Logo which I really liked N2 Toys' Logos, they were quite cool looking :)

I've talked about how I love action hero & martial artists on the board and that I've been such a fan since I was a youngster :) When McFarlane's Movie Maniacs debuted I was very excited and collected most of the figures and I was a big part of the McFarlane Collectors Club as well as it's message board and even the unofficial MovieManiacs.Net during the early 2000s. You can see My Spawn Collection within this very topic. So as this N2 Toys series is called Hardened that I'm about to present that I got in 2001 is very similar like Movie Maniacs hence why I wanted it in the first place but what does this name mean :?: Well they have the definition right there on the Front & Back of the Blister Cards to make sure you know what it means which is kinda odd that they did this :o

First up is John Rambo from 1985's Rambo: First Blood Part II played by Sylvester Stallone. You'll see that these figures aren't like the superb likenesses like McFarlane but their close and they clearly indicate whom their supposed to be. Rambo comes with his big Machine Gun, Bullet Strap & Bazooka. His Knife isn't removable as it's permanently sculpted on his side. Only his arms at the elbows & ankles are articulated which is similar like a Movie Maniac figure. Sometimes you'd get way less articulation than that, that's one of the things that made these guys realistic to begin with :batwink:

I think the face is decent. While there maybe something off about it, the sculpt definitely has his mean, aggressive expression. He has a sculpted on Bandanna and they even sculpted on the Necklace that his nice Vietnamese girlfriend Co gave him :wwwink: Also his torso has the scars as well.

So next in the series is Nico Toscani played by Steven Seagal from Above the Law. This movie has its 35th Anniversary this year :o Ever since I first saw Seagal in this debut film of his he became a favorite. He wasn't muscular or anything like that but he was big & tall, cool and really a new breed of action hero & martial artist. I found him really neat and he'd fight in a new style and beat people up in ways never seen before so this was the first figure ever made of him and I had to get him, in fact I was quite excited when I found out they were making him :o Now the figure is really great. It has a tremendous likeness from head to toe. The plastic is way different than McFarlane so the quality is the opposite and arguably better. He only moves at the shoulders & neck with cuts. I've always been quite pleased with this figure :)

The face is so spot on and way more convincing than his counterpart John Rambo :batwink:

Now the The Copyrights are very scarce, only Nico has one on his leg which is a 2001 Warner Bros. I always said, it's so important to look for those Copyrights ;)

John & Nico together: Now first off they made Steve McQueen as Det. Lt. Frank Bullit from the 1968 movie Bullit which I opted out on not getting and I really I still don't regret it, I still feel the spot could have been filled by someone else like Clint Eastwood , Charles Bronson or somebody like that. So these two are the only ones I have of N2 Toys. Now If I had My way with these I would have chosen Stallone's 1986 Cobra and Seagal's Hatcher from 1990's Marked for Death which those are My two favorite but this is what I got and really, they look great together :batsmile:

Now I The Blister Cards are cool but really lack in info from the films (dang, I'm sounding like MWC, Captain Toy aka Michael Crawford himself :? so other than the series & movie titles and the definitions that's all that's here.

The Backs show the figures and not any stills of whom the these figures are supposed to be. It would have been nice if they did this. This is one of the things that I gripe about of McFarlane & NECA, they never put any material for you see it whether it's for the first time or you know it already and wanted to compare it. At least companies like Sideshow and even Hasbro gives you the movie stills of what their from. Now for people who don't care about that info nor the Blister Cards then it's one less thing for them to be enthused about. Now I do like the look of these Cards however, their dark & gritty like they should be :batwink:

Now they do have 2001 Copyrights at the bottom of the Cards which that is always a plus ;)

Special Feature that I think is so Apropos!

So here is a comparison of My Hardened figures with Kenner's Chuck Norris from his Karate Kommandos series. It's something that Ron Hayes was such a big part of Kenner and then he created N2 Toys as I had explained at the beginning. While the scale is way off, they look mighty fine together and in fact I still find Chuck's sculpting still to be some of the best ever. Now see, with all of this lack of creativeness and senseless rebooting for this generation and making so much that's been made time & time again, they could have made a ton of stuff of Chuck Norris and who knows N2 Toys may have gotten to him but we'll never know now :roll: I showcased My b]Kenner's Chuck Norris[/b] and the series long ago in My Vintage Action Figure Topic long ago here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-vintage-action-figure-collection-willow-1988-t1087-30.html

Now here's My Hardened with McFarlane's Snake Plissken (John Carpenter's Scape from L.A.) from the great Movie Maniacs 2000 Series 3. The scale is pretty good and this is My only way so far to have Kurt Russell with these guys ;)

Last here's My Hardened with My Hasbro 2001 Planet of the Apes that I greatly showcased recently within this fine topic of Mine. This is Mark Wahlberg's Major Leo Davidson and Estella Warren's Daena. The scale is pretty decent and these figures came out the same year during 2001 which is cool and while I have expressed about all of the very bitter-sweet moments of that year else where, some great figures did come out during that time ;)

Well, that will do it, I hope you liked My Hardened showcase and maybe didn't even know about them ;) Well that will do it for the action genre because I'm gearing up for Halloween so a much more darker themed movie franchise will be arriving soon as a big presentation so until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:05 am

Never heard of these, but I wasn't really in the toy aisles back then. The Seagal likeness is pretty good. The Stallone one looks a little more off, like Mick Jagger got the role of Rambo, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:16 am

I didn't think you did PB and probably a lot a of people too. I'm not sure if they were at stores, I never saw them anywhere like that but online. Thanks for checking this out and replying PB, I appreciate that ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Modern Collection: My Accoutrements!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:31 am

This is a special REPOST for Halloween :blbat: I decided to do it this way because it got lost in the shuffle long ago and I don't like that :roll: I haven't edited it because I feel it was fine the way it was :blww: Most of this was back in 2013, 10 years ago this year :o If you have been following Me in recent times, you can see how much My style has evolved since then :) You can see the original topics here --->http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-accoutrements-collection-t247.html and here --->http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-zombie-planet-colletion-t483.html :blsm:

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Well, it was back several years ago that My Grandma got Me a special Halloween gift that kinda started a cool trend for Me! She got Me these really great Glow in the Dark Zombie Figures made by a little company called Accoutrements. I liked them a lot and have since been a fav of Mine that she has gotten Me. About a year later I saw that they made a Cryptozoology set similar like that the one she got Me before so as a little gift I asked her to get Me that too! Well, it happen a couple times too for Halloween :shock: I like to ask
[*]her get things now and then, I'm a nostalgia guy and just remember how it was when I was little. Anyway, these figures are about 3" tall and is good quality, I really love them :!:

OK, here is the sets, tell me what you think of them so questions and comments appreciated :)
[*]

Cryptozoological Set

Bigfoot

ImageImage

Mothman

Jersey Devil

Chupacabra

Loch Ness Monster

Group Shot

Horrified B Movie Victims

Glow in the Dark Flesh Eating Zombies

Zombie Pet Shoppe

Wall St Victims

I wanted this set for collector's purposes. The figures are identical to the two in the Horrified B Movie Victim set so i am just leaving it sealed on the card!

Well, after a long time of not posting much (due to My injury), here is the stuff I got from My Grandma in 2013 for Halloween! These Accoutrements are dandy!'

I wanted these for a MIP display piece like the other set you saw previously.

Then the Zombie Finger Puppets!

ImageImage

Also the Monster Figure Puppets!

That is all for now!

Along with My Accoutrements Collection (please see that topic) My Grandma got Me the 2 variant sets (as I wanted them) of the Zombie Planet mini figures! Without further ado here they are!

Color Versions

ImageImageImage
Blank Versions

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Both Sets together

The people whom My Grandma got them from also included this Funky Alien as a cool bonus!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to General Toy Discussions