Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:09 am

Oops.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:58 am

OK No big deal PB ;) Gosh, I actually never saw them before and they were by LJN :o I was never truly a big D&D fan but them looked great, super cool PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:08 pm

I had a couple, but I never knew their names until many years later. I never really did D&D. My cousins and I played some of the Marvel role playing games from the mid-80s, but that was it.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:08 am

OK, cool ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:52 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:46 am

Gosh, I really don't recall Rainbow Bright by Mattel. That looked cute PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:55 am

Really? It was more of a girl's toy but they had them too. There was a mid-80s cartoon and even a in theaters movie if I recall around 1985 or 86.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Toy Commercials: Halloween Edition

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:19 pm

The monsters are coming. Mummy came in my house. They've taken over this thread. Send help. Get the national guard before it's too late...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:59 am

Yep, I really don't. Oh yeah I could tell it was aimed at girls but I didn't know any of that trivia you just provided Me. I believe I have said it before. There was some girls toys that I kinda liked. For example: My Little Pony. Back in the day of the mid to late 80s I was liking them commercials and stuff but I never got into them nor got any figures despite they were made by Hasbro. I believe I said it in My 12" figure topic but I'm not sure if you saw it or not but I once had a Barbie with jeans. I remember I got her at the old Target in 88 or so, My Mom got her for Me while We were there and she did asked Me why I wanted her and I said I like her so she just got her for Me. I just liked her and I don't know what I did with her. I think of her often of where I put her, I'd like to find her one day :roll: She was the only one I got and perhaps what was considered a "girls toy". I believe she was My inspiration of liking 12" female figures come the 2000s & 2010s. I did almost get that MOTU She-Ra Polly Pocket set that Matty Collector had in the early days but they sold out right away. I have however really liked females in main boys/mens' toys lines however like examples Aliens, Joes, Star Wars and especially Star Trek. I never ever wanted skip ANY female figure in any series I collected. Not that I ever wanted to be one but I have always thought that Girls & Women have some edges over Boys & Men like the comfort of some clothing and especially bicycles...oh man whomever invented that concept should have made it the opposite if ya know what I mean..Ouch :!:

Oh boy spooky times ahead :blbat: :blbaf: :blaq: :blhal: :blmm: :blsm: :blsm: :blww: Mad Monster Lab, I had that and did it many times but unfortunately I have no idea what I did with it, shame about that too but really cool PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Toy Commercials: Halloween Edition

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:26 am

Yeah, Rainbow Brite was pretty popular. My sister had some of the dolls. It made a bit of a comeback in the 2000s. I think there was a Nickelodeon cartoon and I remember unboxing stuff when I worked at Walmart back then.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions