Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: JRNY to K-Mart Plaza!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Spitballs & Marty B

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:49 pm

So here we go with part 4 of My recent findings. Unfortunately these toys have been forgotten by most :roll:  Since I recently and briefly showcased My Madballs I thought I'd show this next. I was extremely surprised that I found one of My Spitballs! They were a cool series made by one of My faves LJN. The gimmick was you could put them in a cup of water and fill'em up, squeeze'em and squirt away :shock: The series was quite popular at first and was a cool alternative to other scary & gross ball character toys by a big & famous company and unlike most of the balls, Spitballs just didn't have their own type of characters but they also had licensed characters as well such as Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees and even Ghostbusters. Unfortunately with LJN's poor sales & acquisition to Acclaim) (please see My great LJN section within this topic as I showcase WWF Superstars & ThunderCats and company info in imperative detail!) they had to relinquish all lines. It's such a shame that all of their series' including this one never met their full potential. I really liked this series and I had several of them and like many of My old figures I have misplaced them and unsure if I can find them again. So here is My lonely Spitball Jack O:Spitz!

Here is his copyright & size comparison with My previously seen Madball's Screamin' Meemie :!:

Now these guys have been forgotten about by a lot people and there's not much materiel on the web as one would think the opposite so here is couple vids of them by 2 cool YouTubers!

So up next is one of My most obscure additions to this My topic. These are 2 bendable robots made by Marty Toys! In fact,  there is very little info on the entire web. Apparently this has unfortunately have become one of those that has been forgotten by most on the web and I admit I recall very little of the line's story or even character names. I do remember when and where I got them but more about that in a bit. I just flipped out when I found them in storage only a few short weeks ago. I have misplaced their swords & shields but their condition is astonishingly pristine :shock: They still bend and work like they did back in the day. I just call them by these names at the moment: The Bronze Bot is actually looser than the Silver Bot as he is much tighter but the latter is My fave than the former. and always has been since I first got them :!: They have good designs, sculpting and has a rad mixture of medieval & anime look to them which is really cool IMO.

Here is a cool Copyright!

and here is a size comparison with My previously seen G.I. Joe Sgt. Slaughter!

Now, continuing what I stated earlier, one day in around 1986/1987 My Mom took Me to Toy Chest! She usually took Me there in the 80s whenever we were out and about and/or when I wanted something. It was in South County right across the street from their competition Toys"R"Us :!: She got Me many cool old toys from there. As a matter of a fact her along with My Grandma got Me many of Star Wars: POTF 1/ESB/ROTJ figures and I remember like it was yesterday walking up and down the isle with all of that classic Star Wars goodness (look for a special showcase sometime in the near future!), I also got some great Hasbro WWF & ToyBiz Marvel figures in 1990 before they went out of business (look on the first page of My Vintage Wrestling Figure Topics for more great Toy Chest stories) :!: I mean it was such a fun and great store. Although it was similar like TRU, they were arguably better even more & finer selections but sadly they went under :roll: After My Mom got these great Marty Toy Robots, I remember playing & playing with them so much when I'd visit her at her & boyfriend's apartment. It was good times! So I found a vintage Toy Chest ad/commercial on YT and this one is actually from the one I went to so many great times and it's from 1986 and by the way, I did have that Lite Brite long ago as well but have no clue where it is!

So that is all for now, next up will be part 5 and it will be a superb vintage one that even I was surprised that I found :shock: Until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:22 pm

Wow, I'm not familiar with Spit Balls or Marty Bots but they look great! I'm blown away that those Marty Bots are bendable and that they held up so well for you!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:51 pm

Yeah, their pretty obscure especially the Marty Bots. Yes, I am too, thank goodness about that. Thanks AcidDragon :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Adventure & Play Pe

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:40 am

Now we're into part 8 of My recent findings of stuff that I found in My boxes down the basement that had been down there for many, many years. In this update we shall check out Fisher-Price's Adventure People and Tonka's Play People! Long ago when I was a very young doobie I played with these guys a lot and think I had a lot more than what I'm about to present but at the moment I cannot be one-hundred percent certain of that question. I used to play with them with large vehicles that have misplaced that I cannot recall what series they were in and I'd cross them over with other lines that I had. They were real fun back in the old days :)

So here is the info. The series was released in 1975, about 6 years or so before I was brought into this world:shock: It was still going strong until 1985 when Fisher-Price or rather Mattel decided to cancel it :roll: It really was a revolutionary series and it was the first of it's kind thus introducing action figures into 3.75" scale :!: This even predated Kenner's Star Wars Original Trilogy figures and as matter of a fact, Kenner actually asked for guidance to Fisher-Price as to how to make them :shock: Surprisingly it's so dang true! I was a rather simple concept where the children (or collectors) could get an arsenal of real life type people such are pilots and emergency personal to fantasy characters such as androids & aliens :!: One fascinating aspect of the situation is throughout the 80s it was a constant battle of Tonka/Kenner vs. Hasbro (as you know Tonka/Kenner was My fave) with consumers & the companies themselves alike until Hasbro ultimately took them over like they did most of everything else yet it isn't the case here because during this time it was sometimes a fatal 3-way with them and Mattle but they always seemed like they were safe and destined to stay in the postilion they still are today as I speak this very moment but this time they did collide with Tonka on a few occasions and this was one of them :!:

I do not recall how I got them, I believe My Grandma got them for Me when I was such a youngster. She probably got them for Me at either Venture, Woolworth's or Ben Franklin's while it is possible she picked them up at Target or even K-Mart however there was times when Famous-Barr had action figures cause she got Me some MOTU from there so while it is questionable as which one of the fine stores it really was, it was very likely one of them without a single doubt :!:

The sculpting is fairly decent. These designs are what I'm used too since I was born in the very early 80s, I could relate to the 70s/early 80s designs and their styles are pretty cool to behold.

Robot Clawtron, Alpha Pilot & Alien Robot Brainoid: Clawtron is really rad and has a really ideal sci-fi appearance to him such as Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica or even The Black Hole and I love his color scheme! The Pilot looks like a really old school astronaut from many movies during and before this series came out and his head gear is not removable. Now the Brainoid looks really sci-fi too. As you can see in the pics, these guys share the same body parts but just painted differently. I believe this series was also the first series that Fisher-Price/Mattel used the same templates & palettes technique seen in countless action figures used in the future by them as well as other companies would make this a trend that was fast and easy for them and good looking yet somewhat boring for many collectors. Their POA are cut at the shoulders & hips but Clawtron has a ball-jointed neck :!:

Copyright: Look at that, Fisher-Price 1974 :!: and 1981...they year I was born :shock: So remarkable indeed :!: :!: :!: :!:

If you wanna know more about them and all the figures then please GO HERE for all of the history as I believe its the only web page of it's kind :shock: If it goes down then a lot of history of this superbly fun vintage series will be unfortunately in limbo and lost :roll:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Now here we go with Tonka's Play People! Now these guys were almost from around the same time their line began in the late 70s particularly 1979. These were meant for the same purpose like the aforementioned & seen Adventure People but they also had some really cool vehicles. There was a terrific variety of characters as well. I believe it wasn't as vast as AP but it was fairly large and like its counterpart line rather competition series it had both genders while AP had the upper hand as they delved into fantasy while Play People was more into the realistic realm of concepts. While AP has the site I provided above and only a handful of YT vids, there really isn't a ton of info about them in the long run. It get's even worse for Play People because there is hardly any web pages that is dedicated to them, no YT vids, just Etsy & eBay pages which is so darn beyond pathetic :x :roll: In fact, IMO this is actually more distressing than other vintage figures I have and yet to showcased because Tonka's Play People has been such a forgotten bijou of a series one would think with 8 billion people + on this planet's horizon you'd think it would be much different than this but so sadly that isn't the case and this is one of the reasons why I am showcasing all of My this and much, much more seen within My great topics because if it ain't documented, displayed, commentated upon and evoked then it's gonna be forgotten about and lost like so much of this Earth's history :!: :x

Now almost everything remains the same as to how I got these guys as with the AP however I believe we got them from K-Mart as I I'm leaning towards that way because it's the most likely store as I recall seeing them there more and more. I only found 2 of them so far to showcase here unfortunately. I think I had more of them elsewhere back in the day. So here they are!

Cowboy & Flight Squadron: The Cowboy looks so classic and what you'd expect one to look from the 60s to the 80s. His sculpting is good but as you see he is kinda worn as his paint is wearing off due to years of play. Now the same deal goes for the Flight Squadron as well but he has a cool feature above his left pocket and that is the Tonka logo :shock: Though it's worn, you can clearly see it's still there :shock: Now the AP have the same amount of movements even with ball-jointed necks but the Cowboy's legs move consistently with each other at the same time so he can ride a steed.

Copyright: yep, 1979, LOOK AT THAT :!:

We're All Together Now :!:

Size Comparison: Here is the Adventure People & Play People with My previously seen MOTU Prince Adam & DCSP Superman :!:

SUPER SPECIAL FEATURE:

HERE IT IS! I have been talking about it and giving hints about this for many, many months :shock: What we have here is AP's Robot Clawtron and PP's Cowboy with Nein Nunb of Kenner's Star Wars ROTJ which I have always considered the entire vintage line to be Power of the Force and just not a series that was it's final one as it is officially known. As you can see the sculpting on him his really good and he is in scale with the Adventure People and Play People! It was so fun crossing over these lines with one another back in these great times of yesteryears. Now, I will feature My Kenner SW vintage series but it will be a while before I do as there is much more obscure among other figures to be seen as I had planned but to give you another hint I have many of them and I even have a number of the steel mini figures too so it's gonna be a huge update that I will get to them and so much more in time :)

Well, that's it for now. I hope you enjoyed this special showcase of My Adventure People and Play People :) Its gonna be a different yet good update next which will be soon, until then I'll see you around :scbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:23 pm

Geez man, I don't even have most of my kids toys from when they were little, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:13 am

Thanks PB :lol:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: REMCO ManTech!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:59 am

So here we go with another of My recent findings in My boxes down the basement. I couldn't' believe I found My ManTech figures :shock: They are a very forgotten series like so many and were made by REMCO and they were made in 1983/1984! Yep, I present another showcase of REMCO! For these robotic warriors, you could swap their parts with many options to form many. many different variations. Unfortunately, I believe I only have two and most their accessories are missing and TerrorTech's left hand is missing but they are still in decent shape for a nice vintage classic display! Here they are!

DoomTech &amp; Terror Tech: The sculpting is good, the mechanics are nice looking too. They have rubber heads, I remember playing with these cyborgs a lot back when I was a youngster :!:

Here is a size comparison of My previously seen Batoon V 2.0 fro the X-Changers series made by Acamas Toys but the original head sculpt was made by SEWCO. I had compared them with him because even this very moment I have always thought he looked liked them and could be crossed-over within the series :!:

Now here is an extremely apropos yet quite crucial comparison of REMCO'S other great series which IMO was arguably their best and that was the DC Warrior Beasts and what individual I chose was none other than Craven! If you haven't seen My showcase of the DC Warrior Beasts then please go back within the topic, its a tremendous showcase that I presented that you don't wanna miss :)

While there isn't a ton of info and history about them online like so many has been consigned to oblivion, there is some information out there so I found this very old commercial of ManTech on YT. It shows you how cool they were and how good it was back then :!:

Well, that's all for now. I hope you enjoyed this brief showcase and were surprised one way or another. More great recent findings coming up soon, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Tonka Tough & Kenne

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:28 am

Here is another special brief update of My recent findings down the basement! I was very surprised when I found these cool vehicles. The Trailer is of Tonka's Tough Ones Series and the metallic race car is of Kenner's Fast 111's Series! Since I love Tonka & Kenner so much I had to get these guys out and showcase them sooner rather than later!

Now sadly I misplaced the horse Trailer's truck but hey, it so fine how nice it looks and it even has the Tonka logo still intact and in great shape on it! The Sports Car is also in decent condition as well and it still shines as much as it did back in the day! I actually enjoyed these as much as I did with Mattel's Hot Wheels way back when (I sold most of My huge Hot Wheels collection way back when, I kinda regret it now and then but it had to be done) and they are also in scale with them as well.

Tonkas's Tough Ones was released in around 1985, no copyright on it for some reason. So far this is all I could find but look at that vintage beauty :!:

Now Kenner's Fast 111's was released in around 1981, the year I was born :shock: It's amazing to showcase something that is actually your age :o The formula styled race car is called Pipe 'N' Hot :!:

Look at that License Plate, it's still in terrific shape! Check out the Copyright too, the name of the car, the year and the company info is on there, unbelievable :!:

Here is a really cool size comparison of them two with Tonka's General Kael from Willow and Kenner's Chuck Norris (both were greatly showcased earlier on within the topic) . I thought that these two beloved figures of Mine were so apropos to show them together :!:

Well, that's it. I hope you enjoyed this brief showcase and don't forget to check out a lot you may have missed within My topic from recent weeks :) Next up will be really good too :) I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Coleco Update!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:36 am

What we have here is a very enthusiastic update of some action figure stuff that I found down the basement as I continue with My many, many findings! It was absolutely euphoric that I found more accessories and characters of My Sectaurs made by Coleco in 1984! Here is the WIKIPEDIA Page! I had showcased them earlier on but they were missing their loyal pets/companions and I was wondering if I'd ever find'em and while I didn't locate everything, here is some of them :!:

Zak now how his blaster gun and his loyal companion Biatur:!: Yep, look at his cool weapon and his K-9-like arthropod!

Skito now has his loyal coleopterain Toxcid!

Look at the Copyrights!

Together!

Here is the cartoon intro!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, RAMBO :o Yep, there was a series of that too that was also made by COLECO :!: Oh man I loved the 80s :batsmile: It was based on the animated show and loosely based on the film franchise. The cartoon and action figure series was called Rambo: The Force of Freedom and came out in 1985/1986. HERE is the INFO via Wikipedia!

I only found one figure and that was Sergeant Havoc! My Grandparents got Me him at one of My most favorite stores that I have talked about many times before and that was Grandpa Pigeons! Oh I remember seeing them on the pegs as I speak like it was yesterday! I got "Fire Power" Rambo and possibly some others but darn it, them guys still are misplaced and alluding Me but maybe one day I'll look into finding them :roll:

So here is Sergeant Havoc!, he is still in good condition. I only could find his bazooka/rocket launcher and it still works:!:

While I couldn't locate Rambo himself, here is Sergeant Havoc as he is compared with the previously seen Chuck Norris by Kenner! The scale is off but with exceptions, angles and fan fiction they could be fit together rather well!

Oh boy, here he is compared with The Sectaurs! Since they are both made by Coleco, they have the same type of articulation with really good ball-jointed hips and hinged knees! They are also in scale with each other wonderfully and actually make a thrilling, action packed display together!

Scale with Chuck Norris!

The Copyright!

A bonus piece I found with him that I have no clue as to how I got it, it may have been a little thing I won at Showbiz Pizza Place or possibly at My school's great carnival that was a tradition before Summer vacation began (I loved them times)? Either way it's a very nice little vintage Rambo piece to display and to own!

Image[/b]

And here is the awesome Rambo animated series intro :!:

Well, that's all. I hope you enjoyed this update. Make sure you check out My other great updates before this because I made very recent ones as you don't wanna miss'em:) Next up will a very special one, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Coleco Update!

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:38 pm

Man, I have such bittersweet memories of Sectaurs, if you remember my parents let me sell the majority of my old toys (Star Wars, He-Man, TRA, GI Joe) for a couple hundred bucks at the local flea market then I spent the majority of it on Sectaurs at Toys R Us. I still think the puppet idea is pretty cool, but wish I had kept the other stuff.

I just watched First Blood and First Blood II the other night. Still good action flicks. I wish Sly would've went with Hasbro though. Not sure if you ever saw my Rocky Balboa custom and the story that went along with it?
action-figure-customs/packerbacker-customs-sisters-doing-it-for-themselves-p-81-t57-640.html

The Coleco figures aren't bad, but to think, we may've had a Rocky Balboa figure in GI Joe scale instead. And who knows, with the deal, maybe there would've been a Rambo GI Joe down the line (makes more sense then Rocky, lol).
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions