Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Entrance Theme of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:58 am

The Nitro Girls were a good part of Nitro. Unlike cheerleaders they all had different looks and all that and got involved with things during the events. Sure, well with this you get the best of both worlds ;) They had many themes so I'll be posting more of them in time. Christy Hemme was really one of the best looking in all of TNA, one of the most creative in her photos, good ring announcer too. Her theme was decent.

Okay, remember when I introduced to you the original MVP, Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz that was Steve Lombardi "The Brooklyn Brawler" :?: Well, here's this great tron of his theme which is Jim Johnston's version of "Take Me Out To The Ballgame". I know you said your not fan of the gimmick but I really liked it when it was ongoing and I wasn't a Baseball fan. I loved how he came about when Baseball went on strike. He even had a sign that said that. He was like an unofficial embodiment of an ideal New York Yankee I mean he had the look, the physique and the whole nine yards. It was so clever that he was a batter & an pitcher like the old classical days of Baseball, a 5 tool utility player. He used Baseball maneuvers in the ring like a Baseball Slide, a Wind-up Knuckleball Punch and saying he's out when he's ready to pin his opponent an even arguing with the referees...all of this was so darn good. Also, he predated "The Crow" Sting by about 3 years or so as he's all in black & white and uses an inverted DDT like the "Scorpion Death Drop" :o Here's this great theme & tron of the original MVP, Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:12 pm

Yeah, I just thought all the sport gimmicks like the Goon were kind of silly and outdated.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 17, 2024 3:15 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:30 am

Ah the Headbangers, Mosh & Thrasher. They were petty good. Their catchphrase was "Real Men Wear Skirts" :o That theme is very decent but that theme wasn't their theme originally, it was for somebody else a couple years beforehand which I'll get to a special in time about that wrestler soon because he's one of the most underrated & forgotten wrestlers that I really liked.

That maybe but wrestling is gotta have those gimmicks sooner or later. Okay, you mentioned the Goon. I've been wanting to do him for a while. I posted a promo of him in the Promos. I'm posting his theme. This nice theme was actually Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz's theme when he was simply called MVP in late 93/early 94. The only difference was their wasn't a Hockey Puck sound effect but there was a "Baseball Cheer". I cannot find that on YT so apparently it's very rare theme now, it sure wasn't back in the 90s before YT wasn't even a thought however. This Tron is great as you see him in action a lot. When you see it, it's like was this for real in the WWF and it's like yep, this happen :shock: Like MVP Schwartz, he was great doing the duel-sport maneuvers but how in the heck did he wrestle in those custom made ice-skating wrestling boots :?:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 18, 2024 11:41 am

I don't know. Good way to break an ankle.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:31 am

:roll: Roxxi Laveaux was pretty good.

Okay, now since I'm done with WWF Full Metal: The Album. I'm going to move on to WWF The Music: Vol. 2. First, here's Bret Hart's "You Start The Fire. Here's the great music video on WWF Programming in 1996 :)

Now as a bonus, here's the same song on the album in 1997 :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 19, 2024 1:26 pm

I've never heard that song before. Bret does have a grizzled looking face that would've looked good in a western.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:57 am

A lot of women came & went in TNA back the 2000s. Alissa Flash's theme is cool, so after that she became Cheerleader Melissa :shock:

Yes, he was in the Lonesome Dove TV show back during that time. Okay, also on WWF The Music Volume 2 was also this new version of Shawn Michaels theme that he doesn't sing this time. It's pretty good especially that saxophone :)

IMPORTANT NOTE: I just posted the origins of Kid Rock's American Bad Ass...take your time with it here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post53593.html#p53593
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:44 pm

Oh, that was not a good version, lol. Maybe I'm just so used to his official theme but that was not it. Yes, she did become Cheerleader Melissa soon after.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:40 am

Yes, it's never been My fave either. Oh boy, another identity of her. Raisha Saeed, the enforcer for Awesome Kong. That's a shame how there's never been an angle with her like the 3 Faces of Foley. You know I feel the same about Al Snow as well. Her theme is terrific. IMO it's of the best themes TNA has ever produced.

Okay, here's Sunny's theme from the WWF The Music Volume 2. I think it's a pretty good one :wwwink:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc