Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Vintage Wrestling Collection: CD THEME COLLECTION!!

Wanna talk about your LJN Hulkster or that weird, skinny body Samoa Joe TNA figure? Maybe you've got some cool wrestling swag? Step up to the gorilla position and snap in to it, oh yeah!

My Vintage Wrestling Collection: CD THEME COLLECTION!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:29 am

Here is a topic that I have been longing to share for quite some time. It's gonna a big one. So here is the info that you need to know as it is important to know before you you start viewing. I have always loved wrestling ever since I was real little. So, with that being said. My Grandparents & Mom got Me the majority of these action figures & collectibles when I was young. These collections are not complete, mint or anything like that. They will have scuff marks, paint rubbed off and the like on them. I am still on the fence about showing off some of My LJN's as they are in really bad shape (I didn't get a lot of them - I was a young fool). I didn't start taking care of My figure's till I was a pre-teen then when I became a teenager I started wising up and not actually playing with them and just displaying them and realizing that is so much better. So first up will be a bit of a cool variety from the 80s then some greatness of the 90s particularly WCW which are My favorite wrestling figures of all ranging from 1990 to 2000 then we'll get to the WWF figures of the last days of the New Generation and to the heyday of the Attitude era by various companies. I will also feature various items & collectibles throughout that I have and love that I will showcase here as well as I plan to update it frequently. So get ready and enjoy this vintage wrestling figures & collectible journey!

Sgt. Slaughter: G.I. Joe: Technically not a wrestling figure but he was such a major favorite of mine back then. I was already collecting the vintage 3/4 G.I. Joes and there was mail away for him when the animated movie was out about 87 so My Grandma got Me him :o I have taken care of him ever since so thank goodness that I did :roll: .

---------------------------
UPDATE 7/15/21: I thought I'd enter this great on from My great Vintage Action Figure Topic!

The Fridge - William "Refrigerator" Perry! Yes the great former football player was a part of G.I. Joe and yet another personality that was in wrestling but he is really only famous for his short stint in the WWF at the Wrestlemania 2 Battle Royal and many, many years later would be inducted in the "Celebrity Wing" of the WWE Hall of Fame. I wasn't into Football but I just loved this figure back then in 1987 and beyond. Check out his huge football-chain mallet plus look at his copyright as well! He has always been in a special place for Me in My collection :smsmile:

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:16 am, edited 28 times in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: Various!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:30 am

LJN Big John Studd vs. Hulk Hogan Thumb Wrestlers: Yeah, I played the absolute heck out of them over so many years. These looked & felt so good back in the great days. Unfortunately, they look horrible and worn out. For decades I have kicked Myself about how I treated My LJNs. If ever get a hold of a ton of moolah, I want the entire series MOC and I will treat them like they are gold!!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:31 am

Andre the Giant by HG Toys: Here is an interesting story. I was on the hunt for WWF Hasbro figures
at Toy Chest, a big rival of Toys "R" Us at the time as they were right across the street from them! Anyway, this Andre the Giant Zipper Clip was in the wrestling figure isle loose, on the floor!! So I took it! Its the only time I ever saw this kind of figure in person. Well, finder's keepers :) The thing is, this particular figure was during the time of the LJN's meaning since they stopped selling these years prior to when I found him in 1990 :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:32 am

LJN 16" Hulk Hogan: Back in the mid 2000s, I was really heavy thinkin' about how I wanted the old
wrestling days back then I got to thinkin' about how mad I was at Myself about the LJN era that I didn't do better about it. So, I didn't have a ton of money to start the collection up again so I wanted something from the line that I wanted before that would satisfy My impulse for the time being. So, on eBay, I found a decent version of the giant, 16" tall Hulk Hogan, a figure that eluded Me since I was a little boy. He was in great shape, had his shirt and even his WWF Championship! His paint & title was worn a bit and the shirt was a bit loose but I didn't care, I wanted him. I think he cost Me around $60 bucks, it may have been a bit lower, whatever the case was he was worth it :!: So, I asked My Grandma to see if she could touch him up for Me since she was still into hobby stuff (because I'm not good at that sort of thing at all) so she did and she did a terrific job at it. She painted his hair, eyebrows, mustache, head band, wrist tape, trunks, knee-pads and boots. She also painted the WWF title which I just love how she did it! She also put Velcro on his shirt as well. OK, take a look at the pics that I took as he is really special to Me...oh and keep in the mind, the book he is next too is about 14" to 15" tall!

Ah, Hogan lookin' at himself in one of My favorite wrestling books of all time. Look for a possible showcase of it in the near future!

Next up will be My collection of WCW Galoob, see you around :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: WCW GALOOB!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:12 am

Wow, here is My collection of the WCW figures by Galoob! Yes, the same Galoob of Micro Machines fame :shock: I will also feature a few WCW bendies by JustToys also. My Grandparents got Me all of these minus one (I get to that in time) back in the day when they were hot in the great year of 1990. At the same time I was was collecting WWF figures by Hasbro, I was getting these guys as well and in fact, I was always fighting over whom was the best and My favorite of all. They kinda are in scale with the Hasbro's (more on that later). These guys to Me were more realistic because they had accurate scale next to each other and arguably better sculpting and in fact, these figure IMO were sculpted so superbly way before their time! Unfortunately the series didn't last long as it only was around till 91 or so. I do not have the whole collection and they are worn & scuff as I played with them a lot when i was young. So without further ado, here we go!

The Ring by Galoob and the Carrying case by Tara Toy. Yes, the ring is really cool. I had misplaced the hammer however (I always though the guy with the glasses looked like Dr. Death Steve Williams). The case is really nice, if all wrestling figure series' back then and in the future had cases like this!

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:16 am

Ah, what's inside :?: Look at that storage and WCW Goodness :D

Image[/i]

The Cards: I loved how the cards were. It told you whom the wrestlers are with great pictures and other information :D If I would have been an actual collector I wouldn't have opened them up like this...but what do you expect, I was a kid :roll: NOTE: Look at the K-Mart price tag as they were only $3.97...This was back when action figures were AFFORDABLE :shock: :!:

The Championship Belts: Every figure came with a rubber, identical title that wasn't based off on any real-life version so like back in the day, I just pretend that they are different and so on.

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:16 am

Ric Flair: This IMO is one of the greatest figures ever made of Flair!

Arn Anderson: Hah, look at the bald spot!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:18 am

Barry Windham: He basically is the Widow Maker from the his short lived stint in the WWF in 89...COOL!

Sid Viscous: Wow, at look that physique, this is one of the only figures that truly showed how awesome Sid was!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Lex Luger: Oh man, he WAS MY FIRST GALOOB EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! The hey day of the Total Package! Look at him, he was something else back then!

Sting: Yep, when Sting was the surfer and with tail in the back, years before the the Crow Sting we know today. Look at his face paint and expression!

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

b]Tom Zenk:[/b] Oh the original Z-Man, he was so underrated and his figure showed how good & handsome he was.

Brian Pillman: Like his part Zenk, he to  was great and his figure shows greatly how he was before his days as the "Loose Cannon"!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to Wrestling Toys & Collectibles