Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: JRNY to K-Mart Plaza!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: LJN Part 2: Thunder

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:27 am

SPECIAL GALLERY!

Copyright!

ThunderCats Group Shot!

SUPER SPECIAL GALLERY!

ThunderCats meets MOTU & BraveStarr!

Lion-O & He-Man!

Mumm-Ra & Skeletor!

LJN Greatness! The 80s was such a great time, look at the classic visual of ThunderCats & WWF Wrestling Superstars!, You can't get anymore classic than that IMO!

SUPER SPECIALBONUS GALLERY!

Originally I wasn't gonna do it but thought I'd just showcase it as a hint/preview for modern showcase in the near future. So back in the last days of the MOTUC which was 2016, Mattel decided to have their budget crap gauge for the collectors to sign up for a ThunderCats line that will be in scale with the MOTU! Sounds great to have MOTU & ThunderCats the same size to crossover with each other right? Sure, that was awesome but around the same time when they cancelled MOTUC they also cancelled the ThunderCats series in it's very first line up :shock: Mattel was so cheap and ignorant because of their frugal budget and harsh ways they handed both series' to Super7 who really is doing a superb job but at insane prices and still the overall situation just sucks if you experienced this when it was on going. So with that being said, I got the sub but not the SDCC exclusives of the kids & the Snarf but more on that at a later date. I still haven't opened them up yet as I'm still on the fence about due to several reasons, So I just decided to show two of the figures that I thought were very necessary as they kinda complete the villain side of My Vintage Collection with exceptions of course.

Mumm-Ra: Exclusive with the sub.

Jackalman

NOTE I don 't think many people thought how odd it was that Mattel got the rights for ThunderCats who also had MOTUC, I thought the same with GBC as well, it was destiny apparently IMO.

So there it is, My entire LJN showcase is complete! Such terrific history of the company that I put together in part 1 plus all of the fun WWF Wrestling Superstars & Thundercats! If you missed any of it then you can simply go back!

I'm not sure what's next, it's up in the air right now. Until then I'll see you around :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: G.I. Joe SPECIAL!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:01 am

OK, so I am gonna have a couple bonus updates before I get My next actual showcase which is gonna be a dandy :shock:

So here is a very special unique update that I had been thinkin' about for quite a long while now because it is one My most cherished items from some of the best early times of Mine. I will also showcase a special thru the ages as well :o

G.I. Joe: The Commodore 64 Video Game! Yes, this was one of the first ever video games of the franchise when Joes were great & classic and during the first days of ARAH :!:

For ALL of the info for COMMODORE 64, click the link for the WIKIPEDIA PAGE! It was such a great & classic system. I still have it but I haven't played it in many, many years.

So how did I get this game? Well, to make a very long story short, My Mom got it for Me. She got the Commodore 64 PC system for the both of Us and she was & still is a computer wiz. I played the PC more than her as such a young boy at only 3/4 years old, it turned out I just didn't love figures, wrestling, movies, music & cartoons but I was gamer too! I was great at gaming at such a juvenile age! She got Me a ton of classic games that has been sadly forgotten about by the public and even game companies which I really hate it when things are lost in limbo. She worked wonders about this. So technically the Commodore 64 was the first ever game system that I ever played which My NES was the second ever and was the true green light of My being a gamer! Look for a similar showcase like this one in the near future :)

OK, the game box is beat up as it is nearly as old as I am. I played this game so much, in fact I played this arguably the most out of any game for the entire PC! This game made Me learn many things and helped Me become who I am today! The 80s was so good. Here We go!

The front & back of the box with Sgt. Slaughter looking on for size comparison :)

Pics & info!

The Game's Floppy Disk!

OK, since you seen that, here is a great vid example of the gameplay, the graphics, the music and all of it's tremendous greatness & glory :!: Gosh I loved this game :roll: :) :D

OK, moving on...

Sgt. Slaughter THRU THE AGES! So this is something else I have been wanting to present for quite some time. Here is the 2 Sgt. Slaughter figures previously seen within the topic and is with 2 newer ones I thought was a must show since I have shown him more than once. Since I had talked greatly about Hasbro's WWF figure license in My awesome LJN showcase, I thought I'd show Hasbro's WWF version that I got in 1992 from the last days of the WWF's Golden era! This is after his major Iraq heel turn, became babyface and joined the USA again. Next is the WWF Jakks Pacific figure that I got in 1997 during the early heyday of the Attitude era! This figure depicts him as Commissioner Slaughter! He had been a WWF official since he retired in late 1992, but his run as Commissioner Slaughter was kinda short & bittersweet. Ever since he has appeared on WWF/WWE TV and became a Hall of Famer! So the figures look great, I have always loved the Hasbro version very much, the stance and sculpting of his face is uncanny. Say what you will about Jakks, I really did like their figures despite some gripes here and there...I mean they did have great moments. The sculpting of him is great, love that suit and them papers. His likeness is done extremely well and I believe this is one of the only figures ever done of him this way. He is actually got hair, no big bald spot :lol: He was part of a special "personnel" series that really, no other company that made wrestling figures ever ventured in which IMO is a darn shame :roll:

So there is My bonus G.I. Joe/Sgt Slaughter update! Next I will present another special one, a brief look at a couple extremely rare/obscure cherished items of MOTU & TMNT! Until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:41 am

Holy crap! My friend had a Commodore and we played the hell out of that game. Forgot it even existed until now. Thanks for posting it. I had this one for the Atari but it was no where near as good.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:33 am

Your welcome PB. That sounds great. I never had an Atari. Yeah, I'm sure many others did too and like I said earlier, many, many titles for the Commodore 64 hasn't been remasters, rebooted, remade, talked about or anything ths just being in limbo :roll: I really hate it that when they remake this and that or these new games like where did this come from and why in the heck is this so popular and it's not those classic games that you REALLY want :x
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: MOTU & TMNT Update!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:30 am

So My next little update, something I have been thinkin' about for quite some time and finally gonna show it. Here is 2 of My most cherished items from My childhood that are really are & obscure of Masters of the Universe & Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. In fact, I believe this this time any of My TMNT items has made an appearance within My great topic. they will be back in spurts here & there and i plan on showcasing My entire collection of them which is a huge one once I get to the 90s!

OK, these items are almost as old as Me so they are worn but clean and still in pretty darn good shape if ya ask Me. Pics of the company logos too and marks are from old tape/price stickers/tags.

MOTU Cup!

TMNT Plate!

Together with previously seen Prince Adam and My first TMNT figure EVER Donatello :!: :shock:

That'll conclude for the bonus updates for now, look for a special note from Me soon concerning My next Showcase...till then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Holiday Mixed Updat

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:38 am

So here we go with some Halloween as well other holiday & movie inspired classic items in this update. These are some cool little things that I cherished when I was little so without ado let's go :!:

Clip-On Critters: These guys were very popular in the 80s!

A Care Bear & My Pet Monster! I misplaced My regular Care Bears figures long ago unfortunately and I never got a large version of My Pet Monster but this version is really nice and does fine as a classic collectable just as well!

Group Shot!

Next up is My Pez Candy Dispenser Collectables! I had many more of these guys but I misplaced them.

Halloween!

Christmas has come early :!:

Easter has arrived way sooner than expected :batshock:

Licensed! Yes, Garfield, Dino, Tweety, Donatello, Batman!

Pez Logo Comparison!

Group Shot!

Topps Candy Heads!

Batman 89

Joker 89

TMNT Leonardo

Harry the Bigfoot from Harry and the Hendersons! This is one of the only collectible like this of Harry and I am very fortunate to have him :shock:

Group Shot!

Super Size Comparison!

That's all for now, another mixed Holiday update is coming soon!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Holiday Mixed Updat

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:59 am

So here is the second update on My mixed Holiday update with some cool bonus stuff. While the holidays hasn't come yet, the beauty of the matter is they'll be here soon enough and when they come around you can look here then and/or anytime for that occasion :) I have other bendables but I chose My very best for this showcase and since it's questionable who made certain ones that I do not know, those said will not be labeled upon so here they are!

Halloween Bendables: Gosh I remember getting these old school spooky guys at National, Schnuck's competition in the 80s & 90s! I loved that store especially every time when Halloween would arrive, I really miss those days :roll:  

Christmas & Valentines Day!

Easter Bend'Ems!

Spearhead Bunnies: Got these from White Castle in 89, good, good times :)

Various Animals!

Happy Face Man!

The Globe Man Bendable by Easy Aces!

Cowboys & Indians Bendables!

Insect by Branson!

McDonalds' Birdie the Early Bird & Professor!

MLB Baseball Players of the St. Louis Cardinals!

Marvel's Spider-Man by Just Toys: He was My first Just Toys figure ever :shock:

Popeye & The Pink Panther by Jesco: These are 2 of My most fave bendable figures of all-time!

Metaluna Mutant of Universal Monsters by Colorforms: This was My first Universal Monster figure I ever that I got and I had many great times with him and I loved Colorforms, today's generation has no idea how classic they were back in the 80s & early 90s and today's market lacks the creative fun that Colorforms had back then!

Special Gallery!

Copyrights!

Size Comparison with Previously Seen MOTU Prince Adam!!

Metaluna Mutant with My previously seen superb Imperial Universal Monsters :!:

Great Bendables Group Shot!

That's it, I hope you enjoyed this special presentation :) More great Halloween themed showcases that will surprise you coming soon...until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: The Mummy's Curse!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:28 am

So continuing on of My Halloween themed showcase time, here be two rather odd good entries...2 that hardly anyone talks about nor even knows about for that matter. They are a hand stamp of Gabara, the Kaiju from Godzilla's Revenge and Arco's Mummy from The Mummy's Curse! My Grandma got Me both of them. I vaguely remember getting the Mummy but boy oh boy do I remember getting Gabara, I always wanted to play and get things out of the little vending machines that you put quarters in and that has little prizes that is in plastic bubbles. My Grandma usually always let Me do a bit till I got what I wanted or till she ran out of quarters. One of the best selections of them machines was at Tru-Buy Groceries in our old neighborhood where we used to live during the good'ole days that I miss so much. I have lots of memories of that store. Anyway, one of the most memorable ones was a Godzilla/Kaiju line and I believe it was by Moon Monsters but don't quote Me on that. I think the series had most kaijus seen in the original Toho Godzilla films during the Showa era and this was a big deal for a little guy that loved monsters & Godzilla like Me because Godzilla items back then was extremely rare as only special comic shops & specialty outlets had them as they had to import them from Japan and it would still be like that for quite some time until the net would become into full force close to the early 2000s.

Gabara: I got him in the middle/later part of the 80s. He only had 1 appearance in a Godzilla movie which was All Monsters Attack aka Godzilla's Revenge. The thing is, he was only an imaginary kaiju. This mutated bullfrog/toad was actually a clever kaiju though and I always had a liking to how outlandish he was. The figure has a very decent likeness and the stamp itself is a surprise because it's not him but rather Megalon, another underrated kaiju! It's really a big darn shame I misplaced the rest of them in My collection, such a bummer :roll:

Here is Gabara compared to the previously seen "Mini" Sgt. Slaughter for a size comparison!

And here is Gabara with My previously seen small version of Imperial's 1985 Godzilla!

The Mummy's Curse: He originally came out in 1983 and is made by Arco, a company that was great and yet a very obscure known business this pathetic era. They made items of the of the great 80s series' such as  Go-Bots, Bravestarr, Captain Power, The Centurions, Rambo, The A-Team, Robotech, Madballs and even V :o The detail is great on the sarcophagus and its of a somewhat hard plastic and he is of very thin plastic but glows in the dark. The set's action has a "rising" action feature and but it no longer functions and I have misplaced his "wiggly" creatures unfortunately but at least I have him intact in overall good condition and is still a great Halloween display piece :batsmile:

Here is a comparison with him with previously seen Thundercat's Mumm-ra and Imperial's Mummy!

Now here is the big and important story about him. He was kinda rare to begin with and was basically a one off figure that was part of a series all to himself. Later on in the very early and possibly to middles 90s, a Chinese company called  Toys N'Things either got a hold of the figure wholesale or reproduced it for their own gain thus making it considerably a bootleg of the same thing despite it has the same title and alternate artwork all the rest. Here is a set of pics I found of the 2 versions online as I edited them for major comparing them together :)

Now, the original version by Arco is one of the hardest figures to find on ebay loose and intact not to mention it's like finding gold MOC! With that being said, the version by Toys N'Things is arguably even worse as I speak there is only one MOC on ebay and it is going for big bucks! So if you wanted either version for whatever reason, good luck cause this classic is one of the hardest vintage toys obtaining in good condition ever!

BONUS UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had planned a lot of this stuff for My topic in advanced for months since the beginning but this wasn't one of them :o I just found one of My Super Naturals blister cards only a number of hours ago and wow was I surprised about this! This really brought back the memory of getting them and look at that price tag, it's from Walgreens where I got them from just as I said earlier when I previously showcased My small showcase of the Super Naturals by Tonka! Look at that classic cool spooky stuff, gosh people didn't know how great it was then and I don't know about the now but I want these times back...Super Naturals was such a great series as it revolutionized toys with holograms as Hasbro knew it IMO hence their take on their Visionaries (which I will get to in time)!

Lionheart with his card :o :wwwink:

So that's all for now, My first of two big Halloween time showcases will be upon the topic shortly and it's gonna be a great and classic one! Until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:25 pm

I vaguely remember those Super Naturals. They look familiar but if you'd asked me what they were called I'd probably not know. Man, we had some cool stuff in the gumball machine back in the day. Now my kids are lucky to get a gumball for a quarter and anything that's actually kind of cool is like $.75, but even that stuff isn't as good as older stuff.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:56 pm

Wow, man. You have some stuff I never thought I'd ever see again. I remember loving those Super Naturals commercials but I never had the toys. I was totally sold on that hologram gimmick they had and the Visionaries had a similar thing going.

Regarding the vending machines, I used to use it to replenish my supply of slime because it was way cheaper than the stuff you got from the Ghostbusters Ecto Plasm/TMNT Ooze and lasted longer, too. Those are some cool finds you got there for sure.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions