Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: JRNY to K-Mart Plaza!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: SW PART 5!!

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:58 am

It's possible. I did love going through those Christmas books as a kid. I always talk about Hills and their display cases in the toy section, they were kind of the same thing, little scenes set-up with action figures. Cool to see.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: SW PART 5!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:22 am

i see, I know, I talked plenty about it with you over there ;) It is indeed and thanks for the reply PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: SW PART 6 GRAND FIN

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:06 am

So here we go with My final entry of My huge grand Vintage Star Wars showcase. It's been a long road since Part 1 which I can't believe I'm here already :shock: In this Part 6 will be arguably the biggest of all and feature some great stuff and perhaps not expected to be seen. Without further delay My Part 6 is INBOUND :!:

THESE ARE PREVIOUSLY SEEN IN MY MAIN STAR WARS TOPIC but since their Vintage and special I thought that they were so apropos to enter within the ranks of My Vintage Action Figure Topic :!:

Here is My Empire Strikes Back Presto Magics. They are quite precious to Me, I got them all at Judy's SuperStore (I showcased her greatly within the topic & in My Odds & Ends, she was the best!!) with My Grandma MiMi :)

Here is a new pic I just took rather recently, the previous one was with Nein Nunb in My main SW topic so this time I chose his partner in crime Lando Calrissian. Look at how he scales up with'em and how wonderful the coloring of it all as a whole is, so darn wonderfully cool if I do say so Myself :batsmile:

Here is My ROTJ Ewoks Book that My Mom got Me over at Venture and My ROTJ Ewoks & Vehicles Stickers that My Grandma got Me over at National, My fave grocery store I already showcased within this very topic. These are so nice. You can see them in all their glory and so much more here in My main Star Wars topic ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/star-wars/star-wars-my-miscellaneous-collection-intro-more-t1191.html

Here is My previously seen AVON E.T. that My Mom got Me along with Kenner's Vintage SW Nein Nunb along with Tonka's & Willow's General Kael. It's so awesome seeing all of this classic goodness :batsmile:

From My main SW topic, here is My collection that I have always associated with each other (I explained it & showed it visually before in Part 3!). Here is My VHS & Book collection. My Mom got Me the Books possibly at Venture which is E.T., SW: ROTJ, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom when they came out (these are the books that I use as My BACKGROUNDS :o She also got Me the Indiana Jones VHS Trilogy for Christmas in 1994. Now My Grandma got Me the VHS Tapes which the E.T. at Televideo for Christmas in 1990, the awesome Star Wars Trilogy Box Set over at Walgreens in the great year of 1995 years before they moved across the street on Kingshighway (this is THE absolute BEST SW OT you could get before the 1997 Special Edition as it looked so great with the boxes and screen quality plus a special interview with George Lucas & Leonard Maltin on each VHS Tape!) and the Willow VHS My Grandma got Me at BMG Records when they had their Video Club and the background is of a Tonka Willow Blister Card (I showcased this before when this topic was young!). Look at all of that classic Lucas & Spielberg stuff and all of that wonderful Vintage history, IMO you cannot get any better than that :!:

NOT PREVIOUSLY SEEN :!:

Here is My SW ROTJ: Battle at the Sarlac Pit game that Me & PB talked about one day a long while back. I believe My Grandma & Mom got Me this at Toy Chest along with My recently seen Kenner Micro SW. We, used to play it all the time together long ago. Below it is 3 SW Puzzles that My Mom got Me while where out at TRU one night We'd used to shop super late at night, I remember that time like it was yesterday, in fact it was in 1997 which was now over 25 years ago last year :shock: I wanted to get them all out but their really hard to get to since their buried under a whole bunch of stuff down the basement. Maybe one day I'll be able to get them out and if I do then I'll showcase them in much detail :)

Ob boy here is one I really wanted to do. Here is a NEWSPAPER CLIPPING that I saved from the 2016 Riverfront Times :o Its a decent paper and named after Our St. Louis Downtown Mississippi River Front, I just love that area :) This clipping is of a Toy Show in the Missouri History Museum that is at Lindell & DeBaliviere in Forest Park where Our St. Louis ZOO is located. This great clipping that I saved shows POTF 1 and it really caught My attention :shock: Notice the Kenner Vintage SW C-3PO & R2-D2 that I have in My Collection. Also there is some other great Vintage toys there including Gumby & Pokey that I have showcased in My topic as well. I believe I have that very same US Soldier, I'd have too see if I do. There is some other great stuff there too. This happen on October 29 & 30, 2016, I was unable to attend the event but I'm sure it was one heck of a show...LOOK AT THIS :batsmile:

Star Wars Master Yoda with great 80s Toys: Here is Kenner's Master Yoda with others from the great decade which all are previously seen as we shave here representations of Ghostbusters, Chuck Norris, ThunderCats, MOTU, Transformers, Go-Bots & Rock Lords, Super Naturals, Visionaries, Captain Power, G.I. Joe/Wrestling and briefly seen is Playmates' TMNT Donatello which his was My very first TMNT figure :o

Kenner Super Special: Here will be a unique gallery that I came up with :?

So if anyone ever had a wonder of what it would look like if Kenner's Starting Lineup met Kenner's Star Wars here is what it would look like :shock: These guys are Johnny Bench & Shaquille O'Neal. I have great stories about these especially Shaq cause Me & My Grandma got him out of the jewelry vending machine at Schnucks on Loughborough in 1997 (the same place where I got My Belt Buckle Collection in My Odds & Ends) which was heck of a time. I will get to these and more within the Series when I showcase them later on :o

Here is a huge look at just a sample of My Kenner Collection as we have here My previously seen Crack-Arm from the Battle Brawlers...

then We have My previously seen Beetlejuice, Chuck Norris, Winston of Ghostbusters, M.A.S.K. & Play-Doh plus to be featured within the topic at later dates Kenner's Batman, Swamp Thing, Predator, Aliens Action Masters & Marines.. Now here is also Bone Age & Mega Force, these will be coming sometime soon :shock:

and My previously seen DC Super Powers Superman, Centurions and then we have some other great not previously seen Swamp Thing & Batman: TAS, Action Masters Predator & Terminators, standard Terminator & Alien, Jurassic Park & Congo, Kenner's Fast 111's, Micro Darth Vader & R-5 & POTF 2's Boba Fett :batsmile:

Here they are all together. Nowadays its a very rare thing that you see a Kenner like this much less even know someone that has it :o I am quite thankful that I have these. If anybody ever doubted that Kenner is My favorite action figure company then think again because here is your proof that it is and always will be :!:

NOTE: Once I am done with My 80s I will be focusing on My 90s which I cannot wait to get to thus the reason why I am trying to pull out all the stops as fast as I can bringing these showcases out one after another :o

SUPER SPECIAL ENTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VERY IMPORTANT!! Now this will be a totally unexpected entry because I never expected to showcase this simply because I couldn't locate it for a very long time then I got the urge to look for it one more time and only a few short days ago I FOUND IT, I found My Playing Cards Box with tons of Playing Cards within it that I had been searching for years for :o :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Ever since I was a youngster I loved to play Cards with My Grandma and We'd play for hours late at night, it always so much fun :) She got Me a lot back in the 80s & 90s. I loved to play War and I usually would beat Her after long games. Now within this box is a ton of Card Game Sets with many not even shown. My plan is to one day show them all in My Odds & Ends in all of their glory which I expect the showcase to be a huge one. Now in this box I have on top some of My main ones like My giant MOTU Cards, those are so awesome, My Dinosaurs & Sea World, Busy Bee & WWF Superstars which also are great. There is also a superb Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Set as well which you are going to see all of it in fantastic detail in just a bit as it's the final yet a huge surprise entrant here in My Part 6 Vintage Star Wars Showcase :shock: Now there is one that I couldn't stop thinking about all year last year in 2022 and that was My Batman Returns Playing Cards :batconfused: It was the 30th Anniversary of the film :batsmile: Not only that, it holds a very special feat, milestone & memory to Me because it was THE LAST THING I EVER GOT AT NATIONAL before they went out of business :batshock: I remember when Me & Grandparents were checking out I saw them in the little area there where books, Mattel Hot Wheels & small supplies were there I saw Batman Returns and I wanted it really bad and they got it for Me and this has always been one of My most cherished moments I ever had there which I will talk about this more and showcase it properly in time...you have no idea how important this was for Me to finally locate it after all of this time :batsad:

So now here we go with yet another extremely desired finding of Mine within My Playing Card Box that you just saw because it's not only the 35th anniversary but also because I have always loved...

Yes, I had this on My mind a lot while I was preparing to do this massive 6-part presentation a long while back without any luck because I really wanted this to be a part of it then lo & behold only a little while ago I found it which was so great that I did, I was in tears of joy when I accomplished this and of course the whole Box of Playing Cards seen above :) Now this Star Wars: Return of the Jedi which is subtitled Play-For-Power is a terrific looking set. It's made by Parker Brothers whom was a divisional side of Kenner/Kenner Parker. Unfortunately when those corporate locusts Hasbro took over Tonka & Kenner, they also got Parker Brothers as well :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: My Mom got this for Me when I was at Toy Chest, I recall this great time quite well. I wanted this little game really bad as I loved the silver packaging, it really caught My attention which I believe this is when discovered that I loved silver over gold and it's still that way, I prefer silver over gold anyday :batsmile: The packaging is still in good condition, I was wise enough to take care of it as best as I could. It just looks so marvelous, just as much so as it did 40 years ago on Toy Chest's shelves when I first saw it :)

Here is the back of the packaging with tons of Information :)

Here is the top of the packaging plus a nice look at what it looks like from the inside :) You see the 2 Decks of Cards but what is that Thick Paper there near the tab insert :?:

Oh that's an Instructions Booklet to explain how to play the games since there is like 5 in 1 here also notice the SW:ROTJ Proof of Purchase and the 1983 Copyright :shock:

The Instructions fold out to an absolute huge sheet of sheer learning goodness, gosh I miss the days when companies went the extra mile and actually told the customer how to use what they just bought, now you gotta look for it on the web cause for countless years now they think every plebeian can figure everything out for themselves, if that was so braniacs, this society and day & age wouldn't be in the pathetic state it's in now :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Here is the Front & Back of this massive Instructional Sheet :o

Here is a close up of the Card Examples as they tell you how do it all :)

Here is the Parker Brother, info again I loved it when companies actually cared for their customers, Kenner did a similar thing but seems as though Parker Brothers were even more considerate :batsmile:

Now here is what the actual Cards look like. Here is the Back of'Em. There is 4 different colors for various characters which is Blue, Green, Red & Black and there is several duplicates of each card but I am only showing one of each in all of their great detail glory :batsmile:

Here is a great look at the pictures of the characters which is two versions of Master Yoda cause [bYodaMania[/b] was still runin' wild :!: Here is Lord Darth Vader, the AT-ST/Chicken Walker and another depiction of it with one of our main heroes "The Mighty" Chewbacca and at last is our heroes "Skiff Guard Disguise" Lando Calrissian, Han Solo, "Boushh Disquise" Leia Organa & Luke Skywalker :batsmile: The art of them is good but I love the Villain Face Cards art more :batsmile:

Here is the face or portrait cards I just mentioned. Look at the difference between these and the ones above. There is such a huge difference in the style and like I said I prefer these more. By looking at them they are actually in a similar manner of My recent Star Wars Mad Magazine Spectacular that I recently posted in My main SW topic (head on over there for all of the great stuff I posted before & recently :!: as it looks like the pictures were used with the same paint possibly even by the same artists, this is one of the reasons why I fell in love with that terrific cover :batsmile: So these Cards are all of Scum & Villainy as we have Jabba the Hutt, Salacious Crumb, Bib Fortuna and the dreaded Rancor. All of these are such great renditions of these iconic Star Wars characters :batsmile:

Next up we have the Gamerrean Guard, Weequay, Barada & Squid Head. These look fabulous also :batwink:

Last is Yuzzom, a character that was briefly seen during the scene when Oola was struggling with Jabba. He's actually a very obscure character during this time and because of that however he would be seen more often with CGI in the Special Edition among other SW media. Next is the cool Trap Door Card and one of the Guide Cards as well :batwink:

Here is a Size Comparison of the awesome silver Box, a Card with Kenner's Vintage SW the gambler himself Lando Calrissian, as you see this makes such a fun classic looking SW display and I am quite thankful that I have these and that I'm able to to do this :)

Here is the Parker Brothers Star Wars: Return of the Jedi 1983 Copyright & Info :batsmile:

So that is it for My GRAND FINALE of My Vintage Kenner Star Wars showcase. I hope you liked all of the showcase presentation. It took a lot of time & effort to make this happen and you have no idea how much I wanted to find all of those Playing Cards :!: Going through all of these great Vintage Star Wars entries really took Me down memory lane and to be honest I really didn't think I was going to do any of this much less everything that I posted :o I mean when I first developed this many, many months ago I had no idea I would get this far :o If your just now seeing this and never saw the beginning then get to it and if you haven't seen My other parts then you gotta see it from the start cause I hate hate when people miss out on fantastic stuff ;) IMO this is one of the most visually stunning Vintage Star Wars showcases & galleries you'll ever see and there's not that many people out there will do such a thing as I am one of the last Vintage collectors that will do this :!: :!: Tell Me which part is your fave and why. There's so much to talk about, don't be one of those that skips stuff and lets everything be with no thought, be a part of something that is historical from a time that I am preventing from Oblivion :batwink: Next up will finally be My Woolworth Special, it has been a long time coming from one of My most cherished times of My childhood, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:12 pm

Neat. Don't think I ever saw those but they would've been cool to flip through as a kid. I don't have many memories of Woolworth. There was one downtown on the corner of where my mom worked, and I remember getting a bunch of different baseball cards sets Woolworth made, but I don't really recall the inside of the store. It's weird. Didn't really go to any other locations or even recall if there were any.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:45 am

Thanks PB :) Yes, I'm sure My SW Cards are kinda rare now. Like I said, I was so thankful that I found them :)

Thanks goodness I recall mine but I'm gonna tell ya right now, I do not have any of those Woolworth Baseball Cards cause I wasn't a fan till the mid/late 90s. I do not know when I will get to the showcase, I hope it will be soon so be on the look for it in time ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:52 am

Yeah, I can visualize the outside of Woolworth's on the corner with the big Woolworth sign on the brick, but I can't recall anything about the inisde. Hills, Kmart, Childworld, KB, I can remember the layout and what aisles looked like and where stuff was, but Woolworth's is a blank slate for some reason.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:02 am

I know what you mean PB ;) That's one of the things I'm trying to prevent from happening with places we knew back in our days so their not forgotten, it just pains Me that nobody ever says anything in My area about the great local stores I knew like Judy's Superstore & Verna's Mr.T's for example. They just weren't great stores but they were great people and it makes Me sick that their most likely forgotten in My region and the same probably goes for Woolworth as well. I'm going to try to do this as best as I can with this cause this was quite special to Me as well :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: ME & E.T. !!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:38 am

So I'm still working on My Woolworth Special, it will be in at least a couple parts in time. I wanted to post this as it was strong on My mind. Earlier when I posted My Vintage Star Wars Showcases, I featured E.T. a lot and explained My connection and why I associated the film with SW and others. I wanted to post this to further show My love for the film & character. I was only about 1 and half to two years old in this pic that I just fixed up which is multiple pics together. I remember this day a tiny bit. I was with My Mom this day at Our old house I've spoke about before in My Glory Days of Video Rentals. She got Me a personalized E.T. T-Shirt that says My name Brandon on the Back of it. You saw earlier that I showcased My AVON E.T. Figure & Movie Story Book that she got Me during the time when the film came out and now My special presentation of this Custom E.T. Shirt as well. I'm a very little guy here. I edited the pic so I'm not seen very well here but I assure you it's Me. I am completely unrecognizable now really. Seeing this is truly remarkable and seeing how much I loved this back then when times of the 80s were just starting :)

Me & E.T. 2.jpg
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:20 pm

Aw, that's cute. It would've been cool to have a shirt with your name on it.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:17 am

Thanks PB. I know its looks a bit weird but I didn't want to reveal anymore. It was sweet that it had My name on it :) If I knew then what I know now I would have kept that shirt as clean & safe as possible :roll: Thanks again PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions