Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: JRNY to K-Mart Plaza!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Star Wars Part 1!!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:11 pm

I don't know why this didn't catch my eye back then, but I thought you'd appreciate this. I've actually mentioned this in a few places. We talked about when I took my kids to try out different Power Wheels. And then we talked about old movies theatres and I mentioned the Aurora Theatre near me. And then we talked about the Lonesome Ghost artoon again and I looked at your older post and saw this...

I don't know how I missed that or glossed over it before, but that's the town. I've actually been to the Fisher-Price store a lot when my kids were younger, and many of their toys are made right there. It's literally like ten minutes from my house. It's the kind of small-town locale you'd probably love with a Main Street with all the little shops and then just housing. Smalltown, USA, really.

There's a couple really nice playgorunds in that area I'd often take the kids to. I'm a bit of a playground connoisseur in that regard as I'd drive all over the area so the kids could experience different playgrounds. I miss the old woodern ones from the 90s, but all the ones in the area were torn down and replaced. Some of them are ok, many are kind of blah. Anyway, one in East Aurora was actually built by Fisher-Price.

And of course, here's the Fisher-Price store and headquarters on Girard.

They used to have a decent DCUC selection back in the day since Fisher-price and Mattel are connected. And WWE figures. But mostly when we went it was to look around. They also have a selection of loose Little People and other figures that my kids would often pick one out when they were younger. It's been a few years now since I've been there as my kids are out of that age range now sadly.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Star Wars Part 1!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:56 am

Ah man that is all so sweet. That town is great looking, I've always loved the way the buildings & scenery looked over in the East states. Gosh, it must be pretty fun down there. Them Playgrounds looked good too. I liked playgrounds when I was a youngster. I spoke in My Odds & Ends in my Paramount drugs showcase how My Grandpa would carry Me on his shoulder while we were going to Tower Grove Park. I still swung on the swings and stuff at the Bellerive Mississippi River park till they tore it down a long while back :roll:

Maybe your kids will grow up like us, then they'll like to reminiscent it as well ;)

Oh yes, I now how Mattel acquired Fisher-Price. That store looks great. Looks like Fisher-Price toy heaven to Me. I must say if I went there I would have been tempted to get something there, those Barbies looked really good.

Yeah, When I went Downtown all them times and saw Trendmasters' Building, they were great but it was nothing like that setup.

Your right, I do appreciate that. Thanks for sharing all of that info & videos. See, I'm sure there's tons of stuff you haven't noticed or caught your eye the first time around in My topic, I know there's some stuff that you missed, same things goes for all of the spectators. When you get time check things over again ;) Thanks again PB for the reply & trivia :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: National Cowboys Up

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:55 pm

So it was a couple days ago, PB posted his usual new & fresh lot of Christmas goodies of nostalgia and so on, I am always enthused about his postings but this one was quite surprising to Me and really downright crucial and here's why :scbat:

packerbacker180 wrote:20 Days til Christmas...20! Ding Dong Ding Dong...

BrandonDaCollector wrote:DAY 1

That was heck of report in 1973. Amazing how the adults didn't really seem show that they liked this stuff until "it was ok to" in the late 90s - early 2000s when the kids were beginning not to like toys as much. Those Train Sets reminded Me of the ones I used to have :roll: HOLY CRAP! Those Cowboys & Indians are like from the SAME MOLD as the ones I showcased in My National Cowboys & Indians showcase :shock: I had never seen anybody with them nor ever knew their origins...the ones I have are an inspiration form those :shock: This is a really IMPORTANT revelation/confirmation to Me :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Here is a pic of Mine, only PB ever commented on them. This showcase I made was quite crucial to Me cause National was one of My most fave grocery stores to go to when I was a youngster :)

You can see the entire showcase at this link :) NOTE: I'm gonna post this in My Vintage as well :)

http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-vintage-action-figure-collection-willow-1988-t1087-220.html

So there you have it, this was quite the one. If you saw & read My National Cowboys & Indians when I originally posted them then you know how imperative it was for Me to showcase them. If you haven't then I strongly suggest that you do because National was so great and I did the best I could to show that so they wouldn't fall into oblivion like so many other businesses, stores & places I have been to and known wouldn't be forgotten. Also, if you didn't see it that means you missed a lot of other stuff I did so keep looking and reading for a ton of great vintage history and more from Me and much more to come :scbat:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:50 pm

It's kind of neat that connection was made from a random old British news report from 1973, lol. Funny how things work sometimes.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:20 am

Yes it is PB, yes it is :( ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby OneNineSix » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:13 pm

That Fisher Price Aurora commercial is insane. lol. That lady looks like Ashley Judd.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Muppet Babies!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:11 am

packerbacker180 wrote:I kind of want these now.

BrandonDaCollector wrote: Oh The Muppet Babies, that was great. I actually have them but I only found Kermit & Miss Piggy a while back. I used to do what that little girl did when I first got'em :)

That's a quote from PB's General Christmas Commercials Topic. I was the only one that replied to him about it and so this develops even further cause well PB, while these babies are far away from you to get at the moment on the bay, here is a closer look from ME, I bet you didn't think I was going to do anything about this did ya ;)

So I had planned this for a little while cause, I just found My little Muppet Babies collection only mere months ago and thought oh boy, I could show them for Christmas...well the time has arrived believe it or not (where the heck did all of this time go :?: . So As you saw above in PB's quote, these came from McDonalds and it was such a cool time. While I was still a youngster when the show originally came out in 1984 and the plushes were available at McDonalds in 1987/1988 I still liked them cause hey...they WERE MUPPETS :batsmile: I realy liked the cartoon and all that I mean it was a spinoff from the original program and if you liked The Muppets why wouldn't you like this as well I mean it's a no brainer :)

Gosh, remember how fun it was going to a McDonalds (or other burger joints) and you'd get a Happy Meal with that little prize inside or perhaps they had a special offer inside the restaurant in the 80s & early to mid 90s :?: Well I can tell ya it was quite a fun time to be a kid and as you have seen within My topic they had some really good stuff like Fraggle Rock for example. Other than going to a toy store or some place that had action figures, video games, movies & soundtracks & scores, there really was nothing that was better than this and it was the absolute coolest time to be a child...bar none :batwink:

NOTE: ONLY read this spoiler if you want to know how they RUINED the reboot of Muppet Babies, I warn you it isn't pleasant, if you already know then there is not need to click this :roll:

Spoiler:
They REBOOTED the series in 2018 and it's really woke...so woke in fact they made Gonzo a transgender and Miss Piggy even acknowledges that she "found: a NEW PRINCESS meaning Gonzo and this program even uses the current non-binary pronouns THEY/THEM in it...if you have kids I do not recommend that you let them watch this, it's bad enough IMO that they are teaching these things and even more adultish stuff to young kids in school and even in church :o I have said it before, it's even everything...in My day at school, the word "crap" was considered a bad word...My-o-My has things changed :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

So here is "Baby" Miss Piggy & Kermit the Frog. Forgive Me that Kermit is naked, I misplaced his scarf but other than that both are still in top condition. I used to play with them in bed and snuggle with'em but eventually they would just become My collector's items from a time that seemed so long ago. I do have Fozzie the Bear but I couldn't locate him but if I do I will continue this showcase like I have with My others cause I don't like letting anything slide especially of this type of nature :shock: :batsmile:

I couldn't find Kermit's clothing but he still had his TAG on however (Miss Piggy's was missing), check out this lovely looking TAG with much info including the COPYRIGHT of 1988 :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Here is their BOOTY TAG with a nice Jim Henson Copyright of 1987 :)

OK, now as a SWEET BONUS I got this Muppet Babies VHS in around 1987/1988. How did I get it you ask :?: Well did you notice the AVON & Kids Klassics in the Muppet Babies logo above that I made :?: I got it from AVON (they had great stuff over the years, see in My Star Wars topic to see My AVON E.T. & Star Wars that My Mom got Me):shock: My Grandma knew a nice lady that worked at AVON, she & her husband would come over to Our old house that I dearly loved and she'd sometimes have some stuff that My Grandma would want and once in a while something I would want. She had a green Windup Army Soldier crawling on the ground (I misplaced him long ago), some really fun colorful Bubble Bath and a Muppet Babies VHS Tpae, I really wanted that and she got it for Me. Here it is :batsmile:

Here is the Copyright Information. Kids Klassics was owned by Goodtimes Home Video (remember these great companies :?: They were like your top VHS company that had rare cartoons, movies and even wrestling events/matches that hardly ever was on TV and basically lost to the public long before YT was even a thought. Unfortunately because of the rise of DVD and numerous independent companies getting access to archives & the Net that would spawn today's digital age, they sadly filed for bankruptcy and went under in 2005 :roll: I have many VHS tapes by them and I look at'em all as pure history that I hope never is forgotten and with My help there's a chance that won't happen ;)

Now in My Go-Bots showcase I spoke & showed of a place that I got My very last Go-Bot item which was My Space Hawk Vehicle. Well, I cannot be to sure but it's always been in My mind at that said place The Avon Couple worked there or at least around there. I cannot be certain, it was nearly 35 or so years ago. It's currently called Omega Packaging but I do not recall the name of the building back then if it was the same company or not. Here is a couple recent pics of the building. They had a big lawn sign similar like you would do for a yard sale or a restaurant promoting something in old school fashion. Notice the tractor trailer there, ever since I was a youngster I loved to look at stuff of that nature and still do :!:

So here is My McDonalds Muppet Babies and along with My AVON Muppet Babies VHS Tape which this just isn't cool to see that they are together but also gives you a nice size comparison as well :batsmile:

That'll do it for this one. I hope you were surprised here and enjoyed it. Next will be some more great stuff including MORE Vintage Kenner Star Wars :o Until then I'll see you around...MERRY CHRISTMAS :scbat: :scww: :scsm: :schal: :scmm: :scbaf: :scaq:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:55 am

Those are neat. When I was a kid I really loved the Muppet Babies Happy Meal figurines. I wish they'd put that show out on DVD but I guess there's tons of copyright issues with all the clips the show would have or something. I have a bootleg set someone bad off of VHS and TV episodes, but I'd love an official, high quality set someday.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:34 am

Well thanks PB. Yes, they were great and so fun too :) I don't know much about that but you could be right. Yeah, sometime bootlegs is the only way to go, years ago or even now. Thanks very much for your reply PB, I appreciate that very much :scbat: :scww: :scsm:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: SW PART 2!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:14 am

So here we go with part 2 of My Vintage Kenner Star Wars in a multi-showcase presentation. This will deal with some special features of My previously seen figures plus much new bonus entries & more :!: If you haven't seen My Vintage Kenner Star Wars before then I suggest that you stop here before getting spoiled and get to page 28 :!:

Here is the B-Wing Pilots, Pruneface aka Orrimaarko and Rebel Commando because they were together in ROTJ :batwink:

Here is your main Rebels Group :!:

Here is R5 & R2 together once again :)

Here is your main Empire & Villains Group :!:

Here is the Rancor meeting the Wampa Ice Monster & Others in a cool Size Comparison :!:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now it's time for the new entries :batsmile:

Remember in the Christmas topics I said I'd have a special about Play-Doh :?: Well here it is :shock: So here is 2 containers of Play-Doh from the great year of 1990...look at the classic Play-Doh :o

Here is the back of them still sporting the Kenner logo, a year before those corporate locusts Hasbro would takeover Tonka & Kenner :!: :roll:

Ever wonder what 32 year old + Play-Doh looks like :?: :? :batconfused: :wwhuh: :smhuh: Well this is what it looks like, it still retains the color however it get's really hard and darn near crystallized :batlol: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Here is the Play-Doh Copyright which is 1990, look at that great label :batsmile:

So what was the purpose of showing My great Vintage Play-Doh besides entering it as a very special bonus within My Vintage topic :?: Because Kenner would use this brand of modeling clay as a part of their Star Wars line :batwink: :wwwink: :smwink: It was so fun to do it back then. However, over time things changed and I lost most of My creations (My Mom & Grandma would do it and even paint'em too, sadly I misplaced theirs as well) as they broke and all that stuff. Of course I don't still have the original Play-Doh I mean that would be 40 or so years old :o However you just saw some from 1990 which is good enough for Me :batsmile:

Here is the Play-Doh Jabba the Hut Playset as we get him & Salacious Crumb, Luke Skywalker & Squid Man...

I couldn't locate the mat however I made darn sure I kept the Play-Doh Cargo Skiff handy cause this has always been a fun piece and quite important accessory/vehicle for Jabba's Goons :!:

Here is the Play-Doh Jabba & Skiff Set together along with My 1990 Play-Doh :batsmile:

Now I thought I'd have My Blister Cards by this time but unfortunately I haven't been able to locate them yet but I know I have them some where which one day I hope to find'em sometime later however, I do have a Star Wars Kenner Collection Booklet :o Oh yes, I still have this. It's actually in a couple different fractions meaning the pages have been torn out due to age but hey, it still looks mighty dandy and seeing this just gives you that extra edge of how classic Kenner Star Wars was like and how fun it was seeing what was available before the Kenner Action Figure Guide was a trend before being included with many of their deluxe products later on during the decade and even in the 90s :batwink:

Now notice the blank squares here, these were blank cause during this time Jabba the Hutt wasn't known yet with the figures nor the trailers and they didn't want the spoiler to be known and back then was there was no net to spoil EVERYTHING with thumbnails like you see everything on YT and elsewhere I mean nothing is a surprise anymore :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Well back then there was some class in society & some respect by corporations unlike today in this modern pathetic androgynous day & age :roll:

Notice My SW Play-Doh Set here and the copyright of 1983...and with this being a NEW YEAR now, this was 40 YEARS AGO THIS YEAR :o :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Well I hope you enjoyed this and were a bit surprised. That will do it for this one, My Vintage Kenner Star Wars Part 3 will be inbound shortly, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions