Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: JRNY to K-Mart Plaza!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: COLECO Special!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:22 am

OSN, thanks for your reply. Have you seen My stuff before My Gremlins showcase :?: I think you missed a lot there. Oh man don't be a spectator, the board has enough of'em as it is ;)

OK, they did make a number of Gremlins back in the day and yes I am fan ;)

Oh actually its similarly like the Tiger games but as you can tell in My pics they are in COLOR and in a way I think it was kinda better :!: Here is a nice vid to show you how My Coleco-Nintendo DK Game works ;)

More great stuff to come soon :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: IMPERIAL-DOR-MEI-RE

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:57 am

So here is a special follow up to My DC REMCO Warrior Beasts along with Imperial Toys & Dor Mei. Why :? Because I have some other creatures that I have always put with them as they fit remarkably well back in the days when I was a youngster and their just as convincingly coinciding even to this very moment :) All what you see here My Grandma MiMi got Me. Before we actually get to the bonus DC REMCO Warrior Beasts section I gotta introduce three (or four depending on how you look at it) new entries. I wanted to showcase this sometime ago but here we are and here we go :batsmile:

Now if you not familiar with Imperial Toys, they are a great vintage toy company that still makes some really nice dollar store type of toys but they also specialize in monsters & creature figurines & collectibles. Much earlier on I showcased My Godzilla & King Kong 1933 & Universal Monsters that My Grandparents got Me. She also got Me the Battle Rhino that I originally showcased with My first DC REMCO Warrior Beasts showcase. For My ginormous Halloween topic I briefly showcased My rather recent Seed of Chucky & 2005 King Kong :shock: Unfortunately they have never reached the heights of corporate locusts like Hasbro & Mattel but they have always, and I mean ALWAYS been one company that I have loved because of My moments I have had in the past when things were so good :)

Now here we are with Imperial's Two-Headed Dragon of their great fantasy line from the early 80s. She got them for Me when I was quite young probably in about 83 - 85. It's possible she got Me him at Ben Franklin which I have greatly showcased them and talked about how much I loved them many times. This guy I have always loved. His color scheme is just beautifully colored blue and both of his heads are different which both have unique sets of sharp appendages on their necks and one has a horn on his nose which is really a nice touch. His sculpting is rather decent. I call him Draketurq because of what he is and because his skin color is like turquoise. He's not huge but you can pretend he's a juvenile which is what I do for scale. I played with him a lot over the decades including taking him in My galvanized swimming pool back in the day when I had it in the early 90s. He or they cause they do have two separate minds has has been such a great yet very underrated part of all of My collections :batsmile:

So here is Dor Mei, an Asian company that has since disappeared from the toy industry scene. They were in many, many ways extremely similar like Imperial Toys and in fact I believe they had a partnership at one point in their existence but don't quote Me on that ;)

So here is two classic/vintage style Dinosaurs that resembles some old creatures in dino films of decades before this. Both are Theropods (Beast Feet) and both share the body sans their heads as one has a crest on his which is the brown one. I call him Krestar because of his crest and the blue one is Bluearr hence the ears. Both have the usual short, two-fingered arms that most members of the Tyrannosauridae has. Like Draketurq, they're not that big and I usually do not think of these monsters as younglings but rather near full grown state because even some of the world most deadliest dinosaurs weren't that large like the Dromaeosauridae which are your family of Raptors but they are in a way similar in size like a Alioramus which is a Tyrannosaurid.

They are sculpted really well overall. The detail is very nice even the paint is as well. I have played with these a lot back in the day too and they still look very good ;)

Here they are in battle with each other. She got Me them in around 84 - 85. Now I'm not sure if My Grandma MiMi got Me them but for a long time now I have thought she got Me them at Woolworth's location number 1 which was My second fave of the two places. I have briefly showcased that location just recently in My great Odds & Ends topic when I showcased My Jaks To Go that I got from the superb pharmacy store Paramount Drug because Woolworth's was right next to them, oh man it was such great fun times back then :)

The Scale: So here is all three of them together :)

Here is their Copyrights! Dor Mei's was quite simple but I have always adored Imperial's with their royal crown emblem and year. Oh yes, Draketurq was made in 1983 :o

Ah so here we are, here is My previously seen DC REMCO Warrior Beasts Skull Man (arguably the holy grail of all action figures) with Imperial's Battle Rhino fighting Imperial's Draketurq :batsmile:

Oh boy, here is My DC REMCO Warrior Beasts' Craven, Snakeman & Hydraz along with REMCO's Crossbones from the Pirates of The Galaxseas - The Legend of Treasure Island battling Dor Mei's two theropod menaces' Krestar & Bluearr :o

We're all together Now: Holy brute...there they are...REMCO's DC Warrior Beasts with Imperial & Dor Mei in such a great fantasy display that only the great times of the 80s could have :batsmile:

Gosh, there it was, My special follow up/tie-in to My REMCO's DC Warrior Beasts with Imperial & Dor Mei :o If you haven't seen My original/first showcase of them then do so, I put it together very well and I even featured MOTU and it's supposed knock off bootlegs too :shock: Speaking of MOTU, My next showcase is going to be My very special MOTU presentation by Panosh Place...oh it's gonna be so good, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: IMPERIAL-DOR MEI-RE

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:47 am

I love seeing those Warrior Beasts because I'd totally forgotten about them over the years but I know I had them. It's cool you still have so many old toys. I wish I did. Those dinosaur photos make me think of the old black and white stop motion dinosaur scenes.

Again, it's weirdly funny that you mentioned Remco again because last night I was thinking I hadn't done a Remco toy commercial recently, so I was going to look for one for today's post. Stop reading my mind!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: IMPERIAL-DOR MEI-RE

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:17 am

Well that's good you love seeing them :) I am grateful that I still have them, I try to bring the past back visually, figuratively and literately in as much material as possible on any subject and this is just only one of'em since most people do not.

Oh yes, that's what I was talking about that they resembled dinos seen in movies decades prior. Well stop doing it to Me too, this has happen many, many times to both of Us :? :lol: Oh I'm sure there's a lot of REMCO material that I haven't seen yet cause I only have a bit more REMCO to show.

Thanks for your reply PB, more great stuff to come :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: MOTU Panosh Place!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:03 am

So here we go with one of My most favorite if not most cherished franchises of all and that is Masters of the Universe :batgrin: It was number one for Me for decades, even unto the 200X days but when Mattel truly revealed their true colors to the pubic and especially to Me when they released the MOTUC along with other classic lines lines Ghostbusters, ThunderCats, DCC and especially how they treated Me & My Family with teh WWF/WWE series it really let a sour taste :x Of course it pains Me how they have treated the MOTU property as a whole is beyond pathetic with no major motion picture (they could have easily made it like the LOTR and made as much money as Marvel IMO) and you woudl think money hungry greedy corparte locousts are you'd think they would have done as much as they could oh and don't get Me gonin' how woke & deceitful the Netflix show is has really degraded the property to a level that is so embarrassing is so beyond deplorable :x Back in the day I was probably one of the biggest MOTU fans you could ever meet. I know people like My late father hated MOTU when it was in the early times when it was arguably at its best for whatever reason when I was a youngster but I have never let that stop My love for MOTU and I'm sure not gonna let Mattel's foolishness & avarice stop Me from loving the old times either :)

So when I was a wee youngster, in around the times of the original cartoon show and the first action figures by Mattle in 1983/1984 there was some other merchandise out there, one particularly was by Panosh Place, a great American company that has unfortunately fallen into limbo and isn't spoken about often by many. I really liked their logo and their slogan, "Where the Star Hang Out" :) They made many kinds of toys including awesome Voltron figures. I had many of these but for a very long time I have been looking for them and I misplaced them really good :roll: So, they also had the MOTU licence as well. Instead of making action figures however they made the short lived Eraser Figure Concept :? Yes, actual erasers. Remember when I showcased My 2 rad Skeleton Erasers back in February and I said that Pansoh Place made MOTU Easers and I would show them time :?: Well here we are...it's time now :batsmile:

My Grandma MiMi got Me these guys from somewhere great, I really don't recall as I was really young, probable either Woolworths or Venture. I had more of these guys but I know I have misplaced them because I destroyed via chewing on them :roll: Yeah, I still chewed on stuff then, I was only about 3 or 4 years old but My Grandma MiMi broke Me out of that childish habit and made Me realize what I was doing so apparently I put 2 + 2 together and wised up. One thing I know for a fact was He-Man himself, I've never forgotten how I just ruined him :x So, I was so aware of it I tried to take care of these guys as best as I could. Like I said about My Skulls & Showbiz Pizza Place Erasers in My great previous showcases, I never ever, never used them as actual Erasers...anybody that would must not care of the meaning & collectible stature of the fantastic pieces.

So here is Orko, Man-At-Arms/Duncan, Skeletor & Mer-Man. the likenesses are great and the sculpting is very decent. There isn't much paint but that's understandable due to the material they are made out of which is usually rubber gum, vinyl latex. I just love Skeletor's blue skin tone here and his yellow bone-face is really cool.

The Copyrights are nicely sculpted/printed here and they say 1984, so darn good :!:

Size Comparison: Here is Pansoh Place's Skeletor compared to My go-to guy Mattel's MOTU Prince Adam :batsmile:

So as a special ADDITIONAL BONUS, here is a unique little MOTU Sticker Album by Henry Gordy International. Here is the front cover with classic MOTU artwork and the Copyright :!:

Now I don't really have an idea where My Grandma MiMi got this for Me but I'm thinking she got it for Me over at National or Venture which I have greatly showcased both within the topic. I am leaning toward the former. Now this book is EXACTLY as it was long ago when I put the stickers on there kinda half-@$$ed as a youngster would...I never did anything since and I have taken good care of it as well :) The front cover is identical as the back cover and has has the Copyright 1984 on it plus the Gordy info as well. I always loved how this book felt, it's so smooth and the stickers are puffy and they are still quite tight on there. Even though they said that you can peel them off, there is no getting them off anytime soon, their still stuck on there that much :o

Here is a special size comparison of My Gordy MOTU Sticker Album compared to Panosh Place's Skeletor, look at all that beautiful cool blue, I loved it then and I love it still :batsmile:

SPECIAL SIZE COMPARISON

Here is My Panosh Place Mer-Man size compared with My Gordy MOTU Sticker Album, My previously seen MOTU Glass that I cherish very much and My go-to guy Mattel's MOTU Prince Adam :batsmile:

SUPER SPECIAL BONUS!

So since I am unable to show My MOTU collection due to carelessness activity on My part long ago :batrage: I have this great poster I believe I got with some vehicle or possibly Castle Grayskull or perhaps Snake Mountain. Its a very large fold-out poster of many of the items after the first major continuation after the success of the series. Its kinda small in folded manner however, only the size of a Masters figure itself. Notice the Copyright is 1985 :batsmile:

So here it is folded out. It quite big, huge to be more precise. It's about 2 feet wide & in height. It has a ton of figures, playsets, vehicles and more. The Evil Horde was making their presence known here. Look at all of that wonderful stuff. This was such a thing to love and was some of the best things that a kid could get into and one of the absolute crucial reasons why it was so good to be a kid in the 80s :) One thing I have always loved about MOTU is their color schemes. I had greatly expressed this way back in the day on the Matty Board on many occasions. Here it is in all of it's MOTU Vintage Glory :o

So there was My special MOTU Panosh Place, Gordy & Mattel showcase and I hope this brought back memories for you or even surprised you a bit :) If your just now seeing this then stop now and go to the beginning, you don't wanna miss how this great MOTU presentation started. I will have at least one more MOTU showcase to present but that will be later time because next with be a very big, in multiple parts which is very anticipated showcase by Me that I have been waiting to unveil for a very long time and that is My collection of Tonka's Go-Bots & Rock Lords plus many bonuses :o :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:30 pm

Prince Adam was so buff and yet they still never put two and two tohgether, lol. That Beastman cup looks familiar, was that a Slurpee cup? IMaybe it's just the artwork that looks so familiar. used to love the posters with all the characters on it, but they never lasted long around here. I liked when DCUC had one of all the figures online, it would've made for a neat insert somewhere. Some of the current 40th Ann MOTU stuff Mattel was putting out has tempted me, if I come across that new He-Man I might just have to grab him.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:09 am

Oh I know, that is something about Adam. Nope, it's just a regular cup. I had showcased that earlier, it has Man-At-Arms/Duncan on the other side. Oh, that picture of Beast Man was seen often in the early days. Yes, the vintage posters rocked the DCUC was good. I believe I'm retired from getting any new MOTU figures. Thanks PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:28 am

Must be the artwork then I haven't bought a MOTU figure since I was probably 7 or 8, that's why getting maybe He-Man and Skeletor is kind of tempting. But that's a slippery slope, lol.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:15 pm

Probably so. Gosh PB, I thought you collected the MOTUC, so I guess you didn't have the dealings of Mattel, ToyGuro & Digital River or did you with the DCUC :?:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:46 pm

Oh, I'm well versed with Digital River from DCUC, lol.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions