Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: JRNY to K-Mart Plaza!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: M.A.S.K.!

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:46 pm

I never really owned much MASK. I remember the cartoon, but cars weren't really my thing and with so many other toylines it just wasn't anything I ever asked for. Cool that you still have them, crazy that I was just thinking about MASK this morning and almost chose the Boulder Hill playset for the commercial thread.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:49 pm

Amazing collection. Thank you for sharing this awesome post and all the cool pictures you took.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:16 am

I see. Yeah, amazing you were think about MASK too, well go a head and post anyway and thanks PB ;)

Acid, well thank you for the great compliment :) I try My best and I appreciate your reply very much dude ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: SPECIAL UPDATE!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:00 am

So, only a few short days ago, I was rooting around storage which was not easy to say the least, I found a lot goodies (see My Star Wars for more on that) and some I was looking for basically all year last year which I will get to as we progress through the topic. Before I go to the "planned" showcase that I was gonna present within the next update, I wanna present a few items that I just located and that I thought were very apropos to showcase as a special bonus which goes with some of My previous entries as well as My latest one. I was quite excited about it so here we go :!:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:02 am

Dino Rider Marvel Comic: I had featured Tyco's Dino Riders long ago in this topic as well as My Dinosaur topic. If you have already seen it then you'll know what it is and that I only had one set. Look back for that. So, I found a whole bunch of comics and one of them was Dino Riders! Since I had featured them before I had the idea to do it once more. Here is brief look at it, it was the first issue ever in 1989 (it can go for a pretty penny at eBay) :o I believe My Grandma got it for Me at Paramount Drug Store (they were great, every time we needed meds and waited, I'd look at the nice comic section and they even had some cool toys...they would even deliver your items to your house but like so many they've been gone for about 30 years or so) :!: I haven't seen this book in ages :shock: Look at the classic art and cool video games ads too, oh these were some of the best times to be a kid :)

Now here is the back cover and boy-o-boy is it a beauty :shock: I was actually surprised that the G.I. Joe mail away personalized figure was on it. I mean back then something like this was huge and really radical for a youngster. I have also showcased My Brandon The Brigadier prior as well and coincidentally compared his size with My Dino Riders :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:04 am

Burnheart: I have showcased the Super Naturals a few times before as they were some of My faves back in the day that Tonka made. I found his awesome shield so take a gander at that :!:

M.A.S.K. Blister Card: Oh I was so euphoric when I found this baby. I had just showcased My M.A.S.K. by Kenner only days ago and then I found this :shock: This is one of the reasons why I wanted to bring this to attention while M.A.S.K. was still fresh off of the heels :!:

Here is the Kenner info and the price sticker from a store that I unfortunately cannot recall who it was, whomever it was they good :!:

So there it is for this short update and I hope you liked it and were just a bit surprised. Make sure you see this from the beginning since I had to split it up, make it a habit with My showcases for now on cause you don't wanna miss anything ;) My next update will continue with another big, well known animated cartoon series, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:59 pm

It still boggles my mind you still have all this packaging and stuff. When I was a kid I didn't think twice about that stuff and threw it aside as soon as I ripped it open. It's crazy.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby OneNineSix » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:15 pm

I used to keep a lot of my packaging, too. It's fun rummaging through the old boxes. I found stuff I never thought I would see again. I apparently hoarded a lot of Hasbro backer cards and GI Joe file cards.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:47 pm

Hah PB, it is crazy when you think about it. Thanks ;)

Hey ONS, yeah it can be espcially for Joes, TMNT, SW, WWF & WCW and others :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:37 pm

I have some Joe cards from the 25th Anniversary figs and more recent stuff but when I was a kid I may've read them and then they were tossed aside and never thought of again.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions