Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: JRNY to K-Mart Plaza!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: BATTLE BRAWLERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:35 am

Thanks PB. Yeah, I don't think they had a big and wide distribution. I know what you mean about the name. Indeed they could have been a great American kaiju series :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: M.A.S.K.!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:36 am

NOTE: PB posted about MA.S.K. a long while back in his great Toy commercial topic, I told him I had them but didn't know when I'd showcase'em...well now I do :o

Oh man, so I'm finally getting around to it...here is the long awaited showcase of Mine as I present M.A.S.K. [Mobile Armored Strike Kommand], one of the most iconic yet underrated animated cartoons series' of the 80s! They fight V.E.N.O.M. (Vicious Evil Network of Mayhem) :!:

If your a novice about the franchise and wanna know the story and the info then HERE is the Wikipedia Page!

So it was long ago, My Mom got Me all of these action figures from 1985 to around 1988 at such great toy stores as Toy Chest & K-B! When I was a youngster at the time I loved this show and the characters and especially the vehicles. I loved playing with them them too. they are made by Kenner or as they were known then as Kenner Parker Toys who as you know b now was My fave toy company along with Tonka Now teh figures are in a different scale that one would expect, they do not follow the trend of Play People & Star Wars being 3" as their only about 2" in height but does have the same amount of articulation except sometimes with hinged knees for sitting/riding. I don't have the whole collection and while there was some others that I really wanted, I have a good number of them and very thankful that I do. While they are in still great condition, I have misplaced some of the accessories like usual :roll: Now keep in mind, I am not vehicle person but that doesn't mean I don't like them in general cause I when I see a good one, I know it as with earlier on I presented My recently found Tonka & Kenner rides that I loved. So without further a do here is the Kenner M.A.S.K. showcase in random order :!:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:10 pm

Iguana & Lester Sludge - Condor & Brad Turner - Piranha & Sly Rax: Oh gosh, Sly was the most radical character in the series and one of the best villains of any cartoon IMO:!:

Bullet & Ali Bombay and Bruce Sato: Oh gosh, I remember like it was last week when I was only about seven or so walking into K-B and seeing them great MASK figures on the pegs...oh it was so cool and arguably the best time of being a kid :!:

Hurricane & Iguana: I absolutely love Hurricane, its one of the best toy cars I've ever had!

Hondo McLean, T-BOB & Scott Trakker and Miles Mayhem: Hondo is good. I always loved S. Trakker and his robot. They are such fine figures. Miles Mayhem was a really cool villain too!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:14 pm

Rhino: Holy MASK! Rhino was one of My most favorite trucks back then and still even at this very moment as I write this it still is and I find it so euphoric how realistic it is. I mean Kenner truly made marvel with this one...I have never had nor seen a better version of this type made by anyone at anytime even by their parent Tonka :shock: So it came with Matt Trakker (and Bruce Sato), one of the main characters of the series. The pic I took has two versions of him, the one of the left in dark attire in the one that came with Rhino and the other came in a two pack with Miles Mayhem. I sometimes pretend he is his clone. Rhino IMO is still THE truck to get for any toy collector regardless if you know this series or not because it's that darn fantastic :!:

I love how the doors open to put the figures in and how back compartment opens to revel the command center and it even has rubber GOODYEAR Tires which makes this piece an unbelievably fun truck indeed :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:15 pm

SPECIAL GALLERY!

Copyrights :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:16 pm

A selection of cooperatively!

A Father & his son and droid and his arch-nemesis:!:

We're All Together Now :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:18 pm

SUPER SPECIAL GALLERY!

M.A.S.K. Poster & Map: Well I''l be...I was really surprised when I recently found this special fold-out poster in storage of the action figure series showing you what is in the line and it also has a really nice map of the back as well :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:18 pm

Kenner Action Guide: Yep, just like I had presented with My Kenner Ghostbusters & Beetlejuice for Halloween, this one unfortunately shows the last of the series as it was coming to a close in 1988. Look at all that coolness :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:19 pm

Battle Brawlers vs. M.A.S.K.:Now here is an extremely special feature I wanted to do. I have crossed over My recently posted (just a few short days ago) Battle Brawlers that was also made by Kenner. Since they really never had any storyline (or no attention for that matter - how pathetic), I thought it would be awesome to put them together with MASK! It turned up stupendously outstanding :bounce:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:19 pm

So here is 3 videos:

Here is the commercials of the Kenner M.A.S.K. toys :!:

Here is the intro of the actual cartoon, it's one My fave of all-time:!: I find it so fun and engaging, so classic, another tremendous example as to why I loved the 80s:!:

Here is an extended version of the song with some decent clips of the animated series:!:

Well, that's it for now about MASK, I hope you were surprised and excited about it ;) I will have another great one coming up next, until I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions